March recap...

MGTgrl

Registered Users (C)
March is a good month for some of us. Here is a list of the people approved in March!

March 2------ Countryman
March 7------ mgtgrl (me) :)
March 9------ pqq
March 12----- amtbooks
March 13----- Charlize
March 13----- Sekia
March 14----- Woosterlad
March 15----- shadow26
March 16----- google59

I hope there will be more people to ad to the list!!! For some of you on the list, I used the date you got the approval email on. I didn't have the actual approval date, so if the date is different, let me know the correct one.

By making the list, I was trying to see if there is any similarity with the cases or timeline. How many of you on the list, emailed them around the time of approval?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone from October club? :) I think that USCIS does a great job these days and is heading towards its timeline goal. The only problem that asylees who apply for adjustment of status can have is an FBI thing.

Heh I was just checking their web site they have updated the processing time section and I was wondering that NSC still working on March 1st 2004 cases! :D
Texas stuck on August 1st 2003 :D I ain't believe)

MGTgrl,
I am sorry that i became late to share in this forum. I was approved on March 2nd. I recieved my GC on March 8th. My ND was November 9, 2004.
Congratulation to you all.

Interestingly, i had my BIO done on 2nd March 2006 and my case was approved exactly after 1 year on the same day (i.e., March 2nd, 2007).

MGTgrl,
I am sorry that i became late to share in this forum. I was approved on March 2nd. I recieved my GC on March 8th. My ND was November 9, 2004.
Congratulation to you all.

Cingratulations Countryman! I will put you on the list too!

Congratulations all! USCIS is indeed doing a great job at clearing the back log and processing GCs on a timely fashion. I think though that the processing dates on the USCIS Web site isn't quite accurate. It says that the Texas Service Center is now processing applications from August 2003, while the Nebraska Service Center's processing March 2004 applications. How is it then that most of our applications from 2005 and 2006 have already been approved?

I found this new set of processing dates on the USCIS Web site under Services & Benefits for Asylees. It seems that the quota for processing GCs for people in our status has been removed and that they've pretty much reduced processing time to 6 months or less. Here are details:

Processing Times for Asylee Adjustment Cases

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of February 21, 2007, approximately 88,035 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before June 30, 2005 June 1, 2007
July 1, 2005 - March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

We emphasize that these dates are APPROXIMATIONS; unforeseen occurrences may delay processing.

Congratulations all! USCIS is indeed doing a great job at clearing the back log and processing GCs on a timely fashion. I think though that the processing dates on the USCIS Web site isn't quite accurate. It says that the Texas Service Center is now processing applications from August 2003, while the Nebraska Service Center's processing March 2004 applications. How is it then that most of our applications from 2005 and 2006 have already been approved?

I found this new set of processing dates on the USCIS Web site under Services & Benefits for Asylees. It seems that the quota for processing GCs for people in our status has been removed and that they've pretty much reduced processing time to 6 months or less. Here are details:

Processing Times for Asylee Adjustment Cases

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of February 21, 2007, approximately 88,035 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before June 30, 2005 June 1, 2007
July 1, 2005 - March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

We emphasize that these dates are APPROXIMATIONS; unforeseen occurrences may delay processing.

Lot of times applications with ND like 2003 etc are still in process(waiting for name check etc) so thats why the dates say that its still waiting for that.

For instance, if you apply for a RTD without a photocopy of your drivers license, they will send you a RFE with the 6-8 weeks to reply back...It doesnt mean they stop processing other cases but in their book, your case which was lets say applied 8 months ago is still pending..

I got notice on the 14th that my card was being ordered. Today, I got notice that an approval notice was sent to me. Not sure which date constitutes actual approval date. I'll let you know when I get my GC in hand and what date it reflects (backdated one year of course.)

I got notice on the 14th that my card was being ordered. Today, I got notice that an approval notice was sent to me. Not sure which date constitutes actual approval date. I'll let you know when I get my GC in hand and what date it reflects (backdated one year of course.)

Most likely it will be March 14.

Anyone from October club? :) I think that USCIS does a great job these days and is heading towards its timeline goal. The only problem that asylees who apply for adjustment of status can have is an FBI thing.

I heard that FBI name check is affecting ANY category, not only asylees.
I got my GC in May 2006 in 8 months after filing I-485. However my family is still waiting for fingerprints, although they passed their medical last July.
The bad thing is we can do nothing as there is no way to accelerate things when it comes to FBI. :eek:

Congrats!

Congrats to all those who got approved in March - especially you MGTgrl - I know how patient you've been.

To add to the list 3 more individuals who are relatives of mine (same course country) got approved this month. So that brings the total to 10 individuals that we know of. Great numbers!