March Filers, let's get together !!

Ok. I'm glad there is a new thread for March 2007 filers. I just started mine for my spouse's AOS last Monday. I just became a US citizen a week ago. This forum has helped me a lot during my natz process. I'm so glad to have come across this forum early on my natz application and now spouse's AOS journey. It certainly made my/our apps a lot easier to understand doing everything on my/our own. Below is my timeline.

unixtmusa,
Need your guidence one more time.I got the interview date for my spouse (aug7).

-the letter say initial interview.( are there multiple interivews) needed for this?
-My wife does not have SS/EAD yet. how can I add her to my card title.

thanks/kashif

Congrats Chicagolady! At least your the interview is out of the way. Hopefully, your name check clears up soon. Let us know if that happens. Good luck!
Thank you for your wishes. Appreciate it.

I am back. Interview was really good but name check is pending. :mad:

She asked nothing other than questions on 485 and 864 to my husband. She didn't ask anything about our marriage. It went smooth but now we will have to wait for name check to get cleared.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any question. Thanks.

hey kab901, hope ur doing well.

- I believe everyone gets the same NOA letter with initial interview stated on it. As far as i know, unless the interview goes bad, this is it!
- Your wife's EAD will arrive within 90 days after the RD of the I-765 app by USCIS. Ur wife should be able to get her SS# prior to the interview. Please refer to my timeline as an example. We are now waiting for her SSN card in the mail. We applied for her SSN June 18 which is the day we got her EAD.

Hope this helps.

unixtmusa,
Need your guidence one more time.I got the interview date for my spouse (aug7).

-the letter say initial interview.( are there multiple interivews) needed for this?
-My wife does not have SS/EAD yet. how can I add her to my card title.

thanks/kashif

Here is the updated list. Willow234, looks like ur up next. Good luck.

So the following March filers are up for interview:

Handle -------ID------Result------------------Interview Link

RWDW--------6/19----Apprv'd----------------http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1702687#post1702687
Chicagolady--6/25----Apprv'd/NC pending
Willow234----7/11
Espoman-----7/13----Cancelled
JBH-----------7/18
Unixtmusa----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27
Wtnginatl-----7/30

Just to let you guys know, my wife and I are still going to go to the interview. We heard that USCIS sometimes has brain farts and sends out Cancellations by mistake. People sometimes go anyways and still get their interview. Lets see what happens. Further on this, I have an InfoPass appointment for tomorrow at 9:45am, lets see what they say. Wish me luck

Just to let you guys know, my wife and I are still going to go to the interview. We heard that USCIS sometimes has brain farts and sends out Cancellations by mistake. People sometimes go anyways and still get their interview. Lets see what happens. Further on this, I have an InfoPass appointment for tomorrow at 9:45am, lets see what they say. Wish me luck

Are you going there to find out why they sent a cancellation? If I were you, I would not do that..just go straight to the USCIS office on the day of the interview and pretend for as long as you can that you didn't get a cancellation notice.
Good luck!

Are you going there to find out why they sent a cancellation? If I were you, I would not do that..just go straight to the USCIS office on the day of the interview and pretend for as long as you can that you didn't get a cancellation notice.
Good luck!
I not going to mention the cancellation notice, Im going to ask if A: my files are there, B: my name check is complete and C: if they see an interview for me in their system for the 13th. For C they might say YES, NO, or it was cancelled. I just hope these can give me some good information. And no it wouldn't be lieing unless they ask me "did you get a cancellation notice and I say NO.
:cool:

I am not sure if I am approved because IO did not stamp anything neither she said I am approved. Do you get any kind of proof that it's been approved but name check is pending? Can I just take an infopass and ask them to stamp my passport?

And what happens with 130? She said its been approved but no change of status online.

Reply would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
my I-130 was approved at the interview,online next day and letter within a week.
I-485 still pending.

I received lot of PM asking my experience and questions being asked. So I just wrote the whole experience so it would be helpful to everyone.

Here is my interview experience.

My interview was scheduled on Monday 25th, 2007 at 9:30AM. We drove from west suburbs and parked near depaul parking lot and walked towards congress park way. We reached before time thinking incase we get stuck in traffic. We killed time for half an hour at Panera Bread. We were really nervous. We started walking towards building around 8:50 and reached there around 9:00. Passed the security, didn’t take cell phones with us but I noticed people were using it. We were directed to go to second floor but when we reached there it said floor 3rd. Weird. Then I showed my interview letter to the receptionist and she stamped it and gave it back to me since I was waiting for my attorney to come. As soon as she came, we check in interview letter. Then we were waiting almost till 10. Then my name was called by I/O. She called my FULL name twice. When we approached here, she smiled so I asked ‘how are you’ she smiled and answered well. We followed her till her office. Then we put our 2 full bags of stuff in her office. She was conscious that her office was small. She asked to remain standing and raise right hand and took oath. I took the left seat and my husband took right. She started by saying, so till you guys take your documents out, let me tell you something that your name check is pending and there is nothing we can do about it. We check once a month our database and if it’s cleared we will notify you. Now let me see your documents. She asked one by one

1. Passports of both of you
2. social security card both of you
3. driver’s license both of you
4. EAD
5. Birth certificate (mine)
Note: She wasn’t happy with my birth certificate because all the handwritings were faded. I recommended everyone to check this before they go for the interview. Since it seems it is very important document.

She checked my passports and I-94. She took the original I-94 which was attached. She looked at other I-94s but didn’t take it.

Then she started asking me questions from 485 form.

1. What is my name
2. What is my father’s name
3. Date of birth
4. Marital status
5. Husband’s name
6. Husband’s father’s name
7. Which visa you came on?
8. So did you change your status?
9. Which status you are now on?
10. What do you do for living?
11. Which company do you work for? (me and my husband)
12. When did you come to USA?
13. Show me proof of your legal status (so we showed 797 approvals)
14. Do you have any expired passport? I said No. I don’t know why but she still asked me 2 more times.

She then turned to my husband and asked
1. Are you supporting anyone else?
2. Where do you work? (we gave her employment letter and she took it)

She didn’t say anything else. She went to copy all the documents we provided, came back and said we are done. Everything happened so quickly, I didn’t get a chance to even think what just happened. So we are still confused if she will call us for second interview because of 2 reasons. 1. She did not ask single question about our marriage and 2. She did not say that I am approved.

Also, no LUD or update on my 485 and 130.

Guess we just have to wait and watch.

Please feel free to ask me any question.

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was scheduled on Monday 25th, 2007 at 9:30AM. We drove from west suburbs and parked near depaul parking lot and walked towards congress park way. We reached before time thinking incase we get stuck in traffic. We killed time for half an hour at Panera Bread. .

Lady from Chi-town, I was laughing my ass out when reading your post, there is no need to be nervous.

Ey my advice to people is to visit their interview place before the date it helps to calm you down. Create an INFOPASS and go ask some dumb questions, so the next time you go there you have an idea about where to park, the building, and the type of people you are dealing with. It shouldn't be that bad at all. Especially if you have all the required information.

I would laugh too

I agree with you when i was reading other's post and thinking why people are really nervous? It's just an interview. But when it was my time, then I realized. I work pretty close to where the office was and familiar with the area but still :eek:

I think it would happen to only ones who are really hoping to get through this immigration and move on with their life. Nervousness is not about the new place but it's about the whole experience that important decision about your life will be made in the next hour or two.

But I liked your idea about making yourself familiarize with the area.

Lady from Chi-town, I was laughing my ass out when reading your post, there is no need to be nervous.

Ey my advice to people is to visit their interview place before the date it helps to calm you down. Create an INFOPASS and go ask some dumb questions, so the next time you go there you have an idea about where to park, the building, and the type of people you are dealing with. It shouldn't be that bad at all. Especially if you have all the required information.

I received lot of PM asking my experience and questions being asked. So I just wrote the whole experience so it would be helpful to everyone.

Here is my interview experience.

My interview was scheduled on Monday 25th, 2007 at 9:30AM. We drove from west suburbs and parked near depaul parking lot and walked towards congress park way. We reached before time thinking incase we get stuck in traffic. We killed time for half an hour at Panera Bread. We were really nervous. We started walking towards building around 8:50 and reached there around 9:00. Passed the security, didn’t take cell phones with us but I noticed people were using it. We were directed to go to second floor but when we reached there it said floor 3rd. Weird. Then I showed my interview letter to the receptionist and she stamped it and gave it back to me since I was waiting for my attorney to come. As soon as she came, we check in interview letter. Then we were waiting almost till 10. Then my name was called by I/O. She called my FULL name twice. When we approached here, she smiled so I asked ‘how are you’ she smiled and answered well. We followed her till her office. Then we put our 2 full bags of stuff in her office. She was conscious that her office was small. She asked to remain standing and raise right hand and took oath. I took the left seat and my husband took right. She started by saying, so till you guys take your documents out, let me tell you something that your name check is pending and there is nothing we can do about it. We check once a month our database and if it’s cleared we will notify you. Now let me see your documents. She asked one by one

1. Passports of both of you
2. social security card both of you
3. driver’s license both of you
4. EAD
5. Birth certificate (mine)
Note: She wasn’t happy with my birth certificate because all the handwritings were faded. I recommended everyone to check this before they go for the interview. Since it seems it is very important document.

She checked my passports and I-94. She took the original I-94 which was attached. She looked at other I-94s but didn’t take it.

Then she started asking me questions from 485 form.

1. What is my name
2. What is my father’s name
3. Date of birth
4. Marital status
5. Husband’s name
6. Husband’s father’s name
7. Which visa you came on?
8. So did you change your status?
9. Which status you are now on?
10. What do you do for living?
11. Which company do you work for? (me and my husband)
12. When did you come to USA?
13. Show me proof of your legal status (so we showed 797 approvals)
14. Do you have any expired passport? I said No. I don’t know why but she still asked me 2 more times.

She then turned to my husband and asked
1. Are you supporting anyone else?
2. Where do you work? (we gave her employment letter and she took it)

She didn’t say anything else. She went to copy all the documents we provided, came back and said we are done. Everything happened so quickly, I didn’t get a chance to even think what just happened. So we are still confused if she will call us for second interview because of 2 reasons. 1. She did not ask single question about our marriage and 2. She did not say that I am approved.

Also, no LUD or update on my 485 and 130.

Guess we just have to wait and watch.

Please feel free to ask me any question.

was yor lawyer present during the interview?