March Filers, let's get together !!

My I485 was approved!!!

Thanks, Unixtmusa. I was just back to office. It was a pleasant experience. My interview was scheduled at 10AM and we arrived at about 9:30. After waiting about 30 minutes, my name was called and my husband and I were guided into a small office. The interviewer is a nice American lady. The total conversation lasted only 15 minutes.

Since we've been married for more than 5 years. The IO really believes the marriage is real. But as a procedure, she still asked me when we got married and asked my husband when is my birthday and what's my mom's name. She also checked the originals of my birth certificate and marriage certificate. She took a few copies of the things we brought, such as joint account bank statement, home, car and health insurance, phone bills, which have both our names on it. Finally she took my EAD card and said they will send me a new card. I was a little surprised and asked, does that mean my background check is completed? She said with a smile, " Yes, you don't need this EAD card anymore." What a relief! She also mentioned she will do something in the computer today and order a new card for me. It might take 3-5 weeks, but for most cases, I will receive it in two weeks. ( The Chicago disctrict office used to stamp on the passport, but they don't do that anymore )

After I walked out the building, I suddenly remember the IO didn't return my I94 card to me after she checked my passport. My husband said that's right, you don't need I94 when leaving the States after you get the green card. Is that true? Anyone knows that? Thanks.

Good luck to all the March filers with upcoming interviews.

Hey RWDW, your interview sometime today. Good luck and we hope you get your passport stamped today. Let us know of your experience if you don't mind. Hope to hear from you...

So the following March filers are up for interview:

Handle -------ID------------Result

RWDW -------6/19
Espoman-----7/13
JBH-----------7/18
Unixtmusa----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27
Wtnginatl-----7/30

Congrats RWDW! I am so happy to hear your interview was a success. Another one for the 03/07 filers!

Thanks, Unixtmusa. I was just back to office. It was a pleasant experience. My interview was scheduled at 10AM and we arrived at about 9:30. After waiting about 30 minutes, my name was called and my husband and I were guided into a small office. The interviewer is a nice American lady. The total conversation lasted only 15 minutes.

Since we've been married for more than 5 years. The IO really believes the marriage is real. But as a procedure, she still asked me when we got married and asked my husband when is my birthday and what's my mom's name. She also checked the originals of my birth certificate and marriage certificate. She took a few copies of the things we brought, such as joint account bank statement, home, car and health insurance, phone bills, which have both our names on it. Finally she took my EAD card and said they will send me a new card. I was a little surprised and asked, does that mean my background check is completed? She said with a smile, " Yes, you don't need this EAD card anymore." What a relief! She also mentioned she will do something in the computer today and order a new card for me. It might take 3-5 weeks, but for most cases, I will receive it in two weeks. ( The Chicago disctrict office used to stamp on the passport, but they don't do that anymore )

After I walked out the building, I suddenly remember the IO didn't return my I94 card to me after she checked my passport. My husband said that's right, you don't need I94 when leaving the States after you get the green card. Is that true? Anyone knows that? Thanks.

Ok. We have RWDW's AOS approved today. Thanks for sharing your interview experience RWDW and again, congrats to you! Below is the update:

So the following March filers are up for interview:

Handle -------ID------Result---------Interview Link

RWDW--------6/19----Apprv'd-------http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1702687#post1702687
Espoman-----7/13
JBH-----------7/18
Unixtmusa----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27
Wtnginatl-----7/30

Interview for I485

Hi,

I have a interview scheduled in month of Aug for I485, I am wondering if someone can guide me about the documents, proofs which I need to take with me..

Thxs for the help in advance

Rahul

CONGRATS RWDW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Thank you everybody. I'll hang in here for a little while until I receive the green card in the mail box.

Good luck everyone :)