!!!!march Chennai Interviews!!!!

Shynee/GC kHoj

Guys,
 I have asked the US consulate in Chennai to send P4 to the US.
I was reading the website and it tells me that I need to have the original appointment letter to go for medical examination.

1) Do you know if I would get P4 before the first week of march
2) If I dont get P4, then can I get the appointment letter at the consulate like a few days before I go for the itnerview.

Questions to Indian Guy..

India Guy..
I am combining marriage with CP.. I think marriage after my CP
interview & will be filing "Follow to Join" for my wife..

I wanted to know if U got married before U\'r interview or after
U\'r CP interview.. & also please keep posted about U\'r wife\'s
interview process

to nimbus2000

Follow-to-join is when you have done a I-485 in the US and obtained your GC and your wife can apply on the same priority date and category (EB-3). Since my wife could not join me in the US before my GC approval she opted for CP.

to cp2001

I did not do CP for myself i went thru I-485 and i hold a GC. I think in your case your should get married before your CP interview so that you can file pkt3 at the time of your interview.

I was married before my I-485 was approved.

Oops! My interview is in March 19

Sent P3 on Jan 17. Mucst have reached them on Jan 22.
But I got interview on Mar 19.

cp2001: I am in the same boat as you do

I also have to combine marriage and CP in the
same trip.

I sent on jan 17, so I thought I would get in April.
But I got on Mar 19.

Padaiyappa

I think you should not have any problem. Even if you donot receive the packet 4, you can always download the forms and take the web printout of the appointment. I understand that it is something which some people have done. You can also go to the consulate and collect the packet 4 when you are there. But some cpers seem have received the pkt 4 in the U.S. address too.

CP Plans as of date...

Guys,

Here are my efforts so far.. Inteview Mar\'19th

- Travel- Still looking.Lufthansa, BA approx $1425 - Most of the flights for the month of Mar are booked. Put in waiting list, AI too many stops and would probably the best alternative.. Any thoughts ??
- Hotel Accom - Booked at New Woodlands, Rs1,100 per day - They accepts amex travellers cheques.Hotel Maris wouldn\'t accepts bookings until March, Rs 900-950 approx and is probably best as far as proximity to consulate is concerned.
- Chennai airport has SBI branch for Forex if you need cash in Rs/- as soon as you land.
- Planning to do Lab/Medicals on Saturday.
- P4 preperation- collected,photocopied most of the docs as per Srifix/Superman and others have suggested. DS-Part II,I-134,IRS9003,Empl Auth Letter - lawyers need to provide.

- Collected the complete addresses and details to get to Lister/Dr V but could only gather that Konica is Opp to Chola(Is it Chola Sheraton hotel or college) I don\'t know. Guys let me know.

CP\'ers please add your efforts..

Konica lab is opposite Chola Sheraton hotel

BTW it is not "exactly" opposite. It is bang opposite a petrol bunk on the side of Chola Sheraton. You will need passport size photos (not necessarily immigration style, although that will do too) at lister lab / doc, so be sure to take some.

Padyappa, CPRocks, CP2001

Some answers since I did things similar to what you were asking.

a) Web page printout of appointment is good enough, although they do raise eyebrows as if they have never seen it before. It worked for my wife as well.

b) CPRocks and CP2001. I combined CP and marriage too and had posted the details on another thread. You guys can take a look at that, if you like.

Dandelion

Yes, it is Chola Sheraton Hotel. The college there is Stella Maris College.

The flight bookings look to be quite difficult. Have you tried Kuwait Airways. Is it Ok? Singapore Airlines and Air India seem to be taking forever to reach Chennai. Lufthansa - looks to be totally booked especially that week. British Airways, I have not tried. As of now I thought we will take Kuwait Airlines - but not sure. Has anybody got any feedback on this - please reply.

No Title

Actually i am trying for AirIndia, it starts from dallas Thursday noon and reaching Chennai Saturday early morning 2.00 a.m. I think it is good time. What is your opinion? (total travel time is around 28 hrs) and the price is around $1250.