March Bulletin

India EB3 and EB2

I have not seen the bulletin (it will probably come out sometime today) but we need to be a little realisitic about our expectations. I do not forsee any movement for India EB3 or EB2 in the near term. We will have to wait till FY'08 (beginning in Oct '07) for any sort of movement. This is the most likely scenario given all the information we have right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just check Feb07 buletin for dates.

USCIS is saving money, there is no change so they didn't take efforts to put up Mar07 page. Did anybody call the Tel Number?

mamamiax >>>> (Obviously, it's 2002 bulletin)

Hey, let's all go back to March 8th 2002

all EB categories CURRENT...

I love this dream...DONT WAKE ME UP!

E. Employment Third Preference Visa Availability During The Coming Months

E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

Little if any forward movement in the Employment Third preference category is expected in the near future. Recent discussions with both Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) and the Department of Labor indicate that the demand for numbers with pre-August 2002 priority dates is likely to be extremely high in the coming months as both agencies continue to work on their backlogs. This could easily cause a retrogression of the current Employment Third preference cut-off dates should that demand begin to materialize at CIS offices during the spring and summer months.

It is so pathetic,that everyone is trying hard to make light of this retro mess :)
But it is what it is !!

Why next year?

Let me ask you why would there be a movement next year. The demand is so high it might not move at all for few years. They are clearing thosands of labors and on top of that they have a huge pile of subsititution going on....so why will they move next year. All this while there are only few visas available each year.

Trying to be realistic here.

saras76 said:
I have not seen the bulletin (it will probably come out sometime today) but we need to be a little realisitic about our expectations. I do not forsee any movement for India EB3 or EB2 in the near term. We will have to wait till FY'08 (beginning in Oct '07) for any sort of movement. This is the most likely scenario given all the information we have right now.

Face Up To The Reality!!

gc_retrogress said:
Let me ask you why would there be a movement next year. The demand is so high it might not move at all for few years. They are clearing thosands of labors and on top of that they have a huge pile of subsititution going on....so why will they move next year. All this while there are only few visas available each year.

You are right! Without a change in the laws, there will not be any movement next year, or the next, or the next........
It is what it is! As hard as it may seem the best bet for everybody is to keep the GC out of the equation and make your decisions. You will have PLENTY OF TIME to figure out your GC! Its no use worrying about in on a monthly basis.

Yes ..

gc_retrogress said:

gc_retrogress,

Yes, the worst case scenario is that there will be no movement for a few years but I was talking from the perspective of a '01 filer that I am. I do expect some sort of resolution to my case by the end of '08 because it is two fiscal years from now and I expect EB3 ROW to become current by then and the extra visas spilling over to India EB3. I might be wrong on that account as well but something will happen (either law change or some other development). If it doesn't then so be it. As cooltiger said, we need to make decisions that are independent of the GC process (if we can).

Also, there is nothing wrong in checking the monthly bulletin or looking forward to it.

cheers,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who mistakenly think that they Have to move dates - I respectfully point them in the same bulletin to F4 family category for Brothers and Sisters of US citizens. That date is currently 1st Sep 1984 for Phillipines.

Yes folks 9/1/84 so 23 yrs waiting.

DOS goes by demand and supply. Not Emotion. DOS cant do jack if congress doesnt approve more quota.