• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2021 Visa Bulletin

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
AFRICA: 22,000
Except:
Egypt: 13,000

ASIA: 9,000
Except:
Iran: 4,700
Nepal: 4,500

EUROPE: 12,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 7

OCEANIA: 1,100

SOUTH AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN: 1,400

Feb. 2021 VB for Reference:

AFRICA: 14,000
Except:
Egypt: 10,000

ASIA: 6,200
Except:
Iran: 3,800
Nepal: 4,200

EUROPE: 9,400

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 6

OCEANIA: 900

SOUTH AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN: 1,175

Last edited:
AFRICA: 22,000
Except:
Egypt: 13,000

ASIA: 9,000
Except:
Iran: 4,700
Nepal: 4,500

EUROPE: 12,000

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 7

OCEANIA: 1,100

SOUTH AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN: 1,400

Feb. 2021 VB for Reference:

AFRICA: 14,000
Except:
Egypt: 10,000

ASIA: 6,200
Except:
Iran: 3,800
Nepal: 4,200

EUROPE: 9,400

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 6

OCEANIA: 900

SOUTH AMERICA and the CARIBBEAN: 1,175

Hi simon, there is thousands of posts here so im sure you much have answered these uestions somewhere else, so my apologies.
My case number is 2021OC0000105X
I still have not received my 2NL
The status on CEAC is still "at NVC"

I had sent all the required ducuments last year in August and received the KCC email saying that they are happy with the documents.

I am married and my husband is a British Army veteran, we sent his certificate confrming he left in good standing, unsure if they require so other sort of paperwork? I wonder if that is relevant?

Since we are current for april, does not receiving yhe 2nl yet mean we wont be interviewed for April?
Do some 2nls come the month before the month you are current?
If we dont get a 2nl by april.do we lose our ability to obtain a visa?
Really appreciate your response and advice, Thank you.

Hi simon, there is thousands of posts here so im sure you much have answered these uestions somewhere else, so my apologies.
My case number is 2021OC0000105X
I still have not received my 2NL
The status on CEAC is still "at NVC"

I had sent all the required ducuments last year in August and received the KCC email saying that they are happy with the documents.

I am married and my husband is a British Army veteran, we sent his certificate confrming he left in good standing, unsure if they require so other sort of paperwork? I wonder if that is relevant?

Since we are current for april, does not receiving yhe 2nl yet mean we wont be interviewed for April?
Do some 2nls come the month before the month you are current?
If we dont get a 2nl by april.do we lose our ability to obtain a visa?
Really appreciate your response and advice, Thank you.
Firstiy, that wasn’t Simon ;)

second, DV visa issuance has been banned this entire FY until a few days ago so no one has had any consular interviews yet. It may take a while before you get an interview notice. No you do not “miss out” if your interview is later than the month you become current - it indicates the earliest, not latest, time a visa is available. The hard deadline is 30 Sept.

1) Any idea on how they even calculate the cut-offs? There's been no interviews, covid, proclamations, and historical data is no useful for this crazy year.

2) In case 55k are reserved to be used after Sept 30th (or any number, if any, we can get with the Anunciato lawsuit).
Can the cut-off increase (if necessary) after Sept 30th to make sure all available visas are issued? Or you're kinda stuck to whatever cut-off number of the last visa bulletin of the fical year informs?

Last edited:
1) Any idea on how they even calculate the cut-offs? There's been no interviews, covid, proclamations, and historical data is no useful for this crazy year.

2) In case 55k are reserved to be used after Sept 30th (or any number, if any, we can get with the Anunciato lawsuit).
Can the cut-off increase (if necessary) after Sept 30th to make sure all available visas are issued? Or you're kinda stuck to whatever cut-off number of the last visa bulletin of the fical year informs?

Not an expert, but I think they normally calculate cut-off numbers based on how many cases they think they can process in the upcoming month, with the limiting factor probably being the capacity of the embassies. I doubt KCC wants to get too far ahead of the embassies because that would lead to a lot of people calling, emailing, suing etc. The cut-off number is a great way for them to control the flow, because if you're not current, they don't have to entertain any complaints from you.

I don't know how the cut-offs will be handled if we get what we want in Anunciato. That's an interesting question. The lawyers have always said that what they're asking for is for the judge to order them to use up all the visas. I think it's pretty clear that they can't be forced to raise the cut-off number for the benefit of a winning plaintiff - it wouldn't be fair to people with lower numbers. But if they're ordered to use up all the visas, then the cut-off number has to go up one way or another. If they don't want to go current or estimate the highest number required to use up all visas, then they'd have to maintain the month-to-month cut-off numbers even after the deadline if the visas are not all used up by that time (which is now a near certainty). That might be preferable to them, since they don't want to be swamped with applications. Maybe they will add a section to the FY22 VB for that every month until the FY21 visas are all issued.

I doubt KCC wants to get too far ahead of the embassies because that would lead to a lot of people calling, emailing, suing etc. The cut-off number is a great way for them to control the flow, because if you're not current, they don't have to entertain any complaints from you.

I.

I think this is pretty accurate in the concept but, no one sues on this basis, and they don’t have to entertain complaints anyway. although not that common historically we have seen cases where CP applicants do not get scheduled immediately in the month they are current. Also rare and I think not seen since the first few years of DV when they were still figuring things out, is the possibility to retrogress numbers if embassies can’t handle capacity of everyone who is current.

Btw the question could apply equally to the progression seen in priority dates of family based applications that had also been banned, so i suspect the decision of how to approach this has been part of a general directive that came from higher up in DoS than just KCC.