• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2018 Visa Bulletin

Britsimon

Super Moderator
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 21,100 Except:
Egypt: 14,500
Ethiopia: 20,100
ASIA 5,300 Except:
Nepal: 4,550
EUROPE 15,950
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 10
OCEANIA 875
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 925

AFRICA: 21,100
Except:
Egypt: 14,500
Ethiopia: 20,100

ASIA: 5,300
Except:
Nepal: 4,550

EUROPE: 15,950

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 10

OCEANIA: 875

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 925

I think I beat you to it, but yours is neater - so I will delete/lock my thread.

I think they made you wait an extra month - right?

Thanks for posting it! EU is lower than expected... I am so not patient lol
Our case number is EU292XX, I am the secondary applicant, not the main one.

I discussed it a few days a go but just to make sure, if anyone has some spare time to advise me: I have now stopped my job (still me, the secondary applicant, not the main one) due to the company being shut down. I am not too sure what to do, I may work a bit temporary and try some freelance as I have a bigger, longer term project to set up a business (probably in the US is all goes well with our visa process!); that means my information on the DS 260 is not up to date anymore as I do not work there anymore: is it mandatory to re-open the case? I do not specifically want to delay it and that is the only information that is not up to date so do you think it is worth taking the risk to delay our processing (in case the EU region goes current for example!)? Could this be something (as a secondary applicant) that could jeopardise our whole visa process? Many thanks in advance for your advice!

I discussed it a few days a go but just to make sure, if anyone has some spare time to advise me: I have now stopped my job (still me, the secondary applicant, not the main one) due to the company being shut down. I am not too sure what to do, I may work a bit temporary and try some freelance as I have a bigger, longer term project to set up a business (probably in the US is all goes well with our visa process!); that means my information on the DS 260 is not up to date anymore as I do not work there anymore: is it mandatory to re-open the case? I do not specifically want to delay it and that is the only information that is not up to date so do you think it is worth taking the risk to delay our processing (in case the EU region goes current for example!)? Could this be something (as a secondary applicant) that could jeopardise our whole visa process? Many thanks in advance for your advice!

That change is not mandatory, but if you did make the change it would not cause ANY delay.

That change is not mandatory, but if you did make the change it would not cause ANY delay.

Oh Ok! I thought there was some king of processing delay - like 3/4 months they take to process the case before you can actually get interviewed, whether your number is current or not.

Great, thanks for your help! Will see if there is a point to update if something very clear prompts job side otherwise I'll just probably explain during the interview this in-between phase, only if they ask though :)

As a derivative they won't ask. And anyway - they don't really care about your job in the UK as you will be moving to the USA soon!

Why is that amazing? It's just about the same or a little less than every other year for the last 12 years.

Thanks for pointing that out Brit. I was not really aware of that fact and I was under the impression that cases were moving faster for this region.

Its always good to have your years of expertise in the forum.

Hi! Same here. Our number is EU32XXX and I am also the secondary applicant. Great stress to see these numbers go so slow.

Monthly visa issuances for 01/2018 have been released. 3556 visas were issued this month, and 12452 in total.

AF 1297
AS 389
EU 1725
NA 0
OC 59
SA 86

Updated charts are available at https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/

Side note: Do you remember that one selectee from North Korea affected by the travel ban? Good news, I guess they had more than one nationality, cause they were issued GC in January :)