• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

usamommy2015

AFRICA 30,700 Except:
Egypt: 18,200
Ethiopia: 22,550
ASIA 4,725
EUROPE 28,450
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 975
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,025

Numbers are pretty much where I expected (published on Jan 24).

I had said AF 31 to 33 (being optimistic, but secretly thinking even 31 was the most), EU 27 to 28). The AS number is lower than I expected (I said 1000 jump) - so that tells me Nepal DS260 backlog customers are a bit higher than I thought.

OC and SA are pretty much where I expected also - that is the rough pace for them....

@Britsimon Did you publish your predictions on your blog? Do you have the rest of the years "predictions" ;) You're pretty much spot on!!

Yes I published the prediction on Jan 24 in an explanation about what impact the DS260 backlog is having. http://britsimonsays.com/number-2nls-sent-per-region/

I am reluctant to publish month to month predictions, because it is a bit of a guessing game - however, as we have more data now it really isn't as inaccurate as in the past. I have made predictions for the end of the year and you can pretty much see where things are heading month to month based on the end predictions and the CEAC data.

Well that doesn't look good at all for Asia,we r behind last year visa bulletin.
What do you think @Britsimon ,will that lower the cutoff for this year for Asia ,although my CN isn't really in the danger zone for the last years but am starting to worry

Well that doesn't look good at all for Asia,we r behind last year visa bulletin.
What do you think @Britsimon ,will that lower the cutoff for this year for Asia ,although my CN isn't really in the danger zone for the last years but am starting to worry

As usual, Nepal is in the driving seat (with Iran as co-pilot). It all depends on Nepal cases (which are being issued very fast). I think Nepal will hit their wall around 8600, so once they are exhausted the VB can go faster, BUT what I am not certain about is how the Iran AP cases will be resolved. Iran AP is the key to the final number....

Thanks @Britsimon

Yes I published the prediction on Jan 24 in an explanation about what impact the DS260 backlog is having. http://britsimonsays.com/number-2nls-sent-per-region/

I am reluctant to publish month to month predictions, because it is a bit of a guessing game - however, as we have more data now it really isn't as inaccurate as in the past. I have made predictions for the end of the year and you can pretty much see where things are heading month to month based on the end predictions and the CEAC data.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I remember you saying it in the beginning of DV-2015.
I don't mean any disrespect, I was just trying to voice my frustration. :(

Trust me - I was screaming at the VBs last year wondering why they didn't limit Nepal - I finally came to peace with it and realized it is an understandable approach. The Nepalese cases have to go through and hit their max - it is the only fair thing...

SA really moving slowly as compared to previous years. OC is a little step a head but SA at this point won't pass 1500 until Aug and thats looking at it nicely. I can see them picking up the speed coming down to the end. Britsimon what do you think?