• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

March 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

SA really moving slowly as compared to previous years. OC is a little step a head but SA at this point won't pass 1500 until Aug and thats looking at it nicely. I can see them picking up the speed coming down to the end. Britsimon what do you think?

I would not expect a big increase in pace. There might be some already current DS260s that finish processing - and that will take a little edge of the pace.

Assuming you submitted your DS260 early enough then you would get your 2NL in a week to 2 weeks.

They will probably be taking DS260s submitted up to late September and before.
Yes, I submitted it on late june...thank you very much excited to appear in the interview..

Hey guys!
I've been reading the forum for a while now and I'd like to thank you all for the insightful info you've offered, it's been really helpful in getting my head wrapped around this whole thing :) Till now i thought it was too early to join in the discussion seen how I have a rather high case number (just north of EU 39500) but the pace at which things are developing it's all starting to become real. I was wondering what is your opinion on my case number taking in consideration that i submitted at the end of October? I was thinking it might become current somewhere around august maybe? Looking forward to your insight :)

Hey guys!
I've been reading the forum for a while now and I'd like to thank you all for the insightful info you've offered, it's been really helpful in getting my head wrapped around this whole thing :) Till now i thought it was too early to join in the discussion seen how I have a rather high case number (just north of EU 39500) but the pace at which things are developing it's all starting to become real. I was wondering what is your opinion on my case number taking in consideration that i submitted at the end of October? I was thinking it might become current somewhere around august maybe? Looking forward to your insight :)
For EU, numbers this year are ahead than where they were the same period last year. I think your number will become current in July. Submitting your forms end of October means that your forms should be done processing around March, two months ahead of the release of July visa bulletin. So, you should be alright.

For EU, numbers this year are ahead than where they were the same period last year. I think your number will become current in July. Submitting your forms end of October means that your forms should be done processing around March, two months ahead of the release of July visa bulletin. So, you should be alright.

I disagree a little. Good call on when the DS260 will be processed, but the prediction of July is too optimistic I think.

They try and spread the numbers over the full time - perhaps not doing much (or any) in September. I think we are ahead of where we should be not because the numbers are going to end up much higher than last year, but more because the DS260 backlog means KCC have been forced to make current more case numbers to make up for the ones that are already current but their forms are not yet processed. So - as those get processed the VB progress could slow down.

Other factors in play include the increased quota for EU this year (positive for high numbers) and the likelihood that some people will submit their DS260 too late (positive for high numbers).

So I think EU39500 has a good chance, but the estimate of July is too early - I expect August (possibly September).

I disagree a little. Good call on when the DS260 will be processed, but the prediction of July is too optimistic I think.

They try and spread the numbers over the full time - perhaps not doing much (or any) in September. I think we are ahead of where we should be not because the numbers are going to end up much higher than last year, but more because the DS260 backlog means KCC have been forced to make current more case numbers to make up for the ones that are already current but their forms are not yet processed. So - as those get processed the VB progress could slow down.

Other factors in play include the increased quota for EU this year (positive for high numbers) and the likelihood that some people will submit their DS260 too late (positive for high numbers).

So I think EU39500 has a good chance, but the estimate of July is too early - I expect August (possibly September).
Interesting! Does that apply to all regions, or just EU?

Interesting! Does that apply to all regions, or just EU?

They will each behave a little differently based on cultural stuff/internet access, but it is clear that this effect is already in play - as we have seen in the last few weeks. The AF progress for example is the clearest. They went faster than they needed to get to 26000 for Feb and then slammed on the brakes to go to 27800 in March and then 30700 for April as backlogged DS260 cases came through. We saw the same thing in AS region although that is also because of one single embassy doing all the work.

They will each behave a little differently based on cultural stuff/internet access, but it is clear that this effect is already in play - as we have seen in the last few weeks. The AF progress for example is the clearest. They went faster than they needed to get to 26000 for Feb and then slammed on the brakes to go to 27800 in March and then 30700 for April as backlogged DS260 cases came through. We saw the same thing in AS region although that is also because of one single embassy doing all the work.
Makes sense.
This whole visa bulletin progression is indeed a roller coaster, particularly for those with high case numbers. I'm just very thankful that I got lucky with a very low number!

Nepal and iran should be excluded in the next fiscal year, they take up too many visas at the expense of other Asian countries. Had they been excluded the number would go much faster.

Really though, 4700 is much slower than last year, i don't think they can catch up with last year number again.. Probably end around 10-11000

I am all ready to not go current, waiting for dv2016 result

I think there are too many variables that may change between now and July/August to be too pessimistic or too optimistic for people with the numbers similar to last year final numbers. That is for Asia.

I think there are too many variables that may change between now and July/August to be too pessimistic or too optimistic for people with the numbers similar to last year final numbers. That is for Asia.

Agreed - more time is needed....

Hi all,
Britsimon, do you similar comment for a number closer to EU39600 as for EU39500? Do you expect EU39600 also to become current in Aug.?

Hi all,

My CN is EU25xxx which means I just became current. I originally submitted the DS-260 in June so I would expect an April interview, however, I unlocked and re-submitted my husband's DS-260 in November because we noticed his surnames weren't being displayed in the correct order (we have two first names and 3 surnames and made a mistake filling out the DS-260).

@Britsimon do you think this will affect our interview date?

Thanks once again for all the time you put in helping everyone out through this process. I have learned a great deal reading your posts.

Thank you Britsimon for the helpful information, but what do you mean by "We saw the same thing in AS region although that is also because of one single embassy doing all the work" ?

Hi all,

My CN is EU25xxx which means I just became current. I originally submitted the DS-260 in June so I would expect an April interview, however, I unlocked and re-submitted my husband's DS-260 in November because we noticed his surnames weren't being displayed in the correct order (we have two first names and 3 surnames and made a mistake filling out the DS-260).

@Britsimon do you think this will affect our interview date?

Thanks once again for all the time you put in helping everyone out through this process. I have learned a great deal reading your posts.

I think you'll get your interview based on the June submission, not the November correction (in other words April interview). They seem to deal with corrections pretty fast and they have been through the initial waiting period.

Thank you Britsimon for the helpful information, but what do you mean by "We saw the same thing in AS region although that is also because of one single embassy doing all the work" ?

Nepal and Iran take about 80% of the early case numbers between them. They both cause extensive workload of course, but whilst Iran selectees are distributed between three embassies, Nepal cases are all handled in KDU embassy. So - with 40% of the cases the Nepal embassy processing speed sets the pace for the whole of Asia - and given the very high approval rate they have lots of post interview work to do also.

My husband is a DV selectee...SA16xx, borderline 1500 hundreds. Do we have a chance? If yes...when? Really appreciate your response!