March 2011 Filers

i am new to the post but reading it carefully every day and following the post here is my status
(1) my i485,i130,i131,i765 mailed on 03/07/2011
(2) notice date of 03/10/2011
(3) received all my notices on 03/18/2011
(4) received bio metrics for 05/02/2011 0n 04/07/2011
(5) did successful walk in on 04/07/2011
(6) received e-mail notification on approval of ead/advance parole on 04/27/2011

expectingmy ead to receive by next week i don't know what next step would be i hope it is the interview and then the greencard
but not sure how long to wait for interview letter?

@hardikhp...

ASC: where you got your biometrics
DO: your local district office where you will interview
Also if you go to settings; then edit signature and add that info it will always be there when you post. That is helpful to others especially those who may have the same ASC and DO as you.

my biometrics was done at raleigh-durham north carolina on 04/07/2011

my biometrics was done at raleigh-durham in north carolina

Hi everyone,

I have just received an email from USCIS that my EAD card was ordered for production :)
I am so relieved...
Just what wonders me is that I also received another email about Travel Document and it says "Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

So I assume it will come with my EAD card right?
It is so important for me to able to travel on June 5, so probably I am overreacting that something will happen to this travel document.
Anyway, I am so happy for this notifications.
I am sure all of the March fillers will hear something soon from USCIS.
at Maral Hang in there. I really admire your patience and I really keep my fingers crossed for you.

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)
04/07 Awesome walk in biometrics done. Alexandria, VA
04/27 email from USCIS about EAD card production and Post-Decision for I-131 Travel Documnet

@Anet...congrats. That's great news! mine should be coming soon too:) I would think your Advance Parole is with the EAD since they are now one card.

Last edited by a moderator:
@hardikhp...again I advise you to go to settings at the top of this page; then go to edit signature and add the information so that you could get further support especially from those in your area. It really helps. If you look at other posts you would see we all have our ASC and DO information. After the EAD you should receive a notice for the interview. Of course it varies from one location to another and from one individual to another.

Thanks Anet! I am patiently waiting....I can;t believe the first time I sent my package was 02/23 and today i'm still at step one..my poor hubby:(

I have filed in march. Interview scheduled for 5/23. Since we've been maried for almost 5 years, will my interview be harder?

We will present: lease agreement, joint bank account, joint paypal mastercard account, electric bill (wife's name), cable bill (my name), photos (some from when we met and current and some from our small civil cerimony back in '06), Joint Costco membership, some exchanged anniversary cards, 2 affidavit letters from friends
--------------------------------------------
Timeline:
AOS forms received 3/3/11
Biometrics 3/24/11
Interview app. letter 4/15/11
EAD approval notice 4/22/11

Can anyone answer a question for me? Does anyone know if we will have to have a 2nd interview for our I485? We had one last year for our I130 since we filed that first and now our I485...that is the big question!

Thank you everyone for all your support through this roller coaster ride!!

I have filed in march. Interview scheduled for 5/23. Since we've been maried for almost 5 years, will my interview be harder?

We will present: lease agreement, joint bank account, joint paypal mastercard account, electric bill (wife's name), cable bill (my name), photos (some from when we met and current and some from our small civil cerimony back in '06), Joint Costco membership, some exchanged anniversary cards, 2 affidavit letters from friends
--------------------------------------------
Timeline:
AOS forms received 3/3/11
Biometrics 3/24/11
Interview app. letter 4/15/11
EAD approval notice 4/22/11

Vox,

I think it would be easier to know everything about each other! Also, after you've been married to a US Citizen for 5 years you can immediately file for Citizenship and that's great news;)

Thanks Mara!

We will certainly know everything about each other. :D

So you DO think that it's a different type of interview, in my case? More detailed?

I just hear a great majority of "How did you meet?/How was the wedding?"-type of interviews that I just want to know if mine could be different than that...

Btw, it will take place in Kansas City.

Thanks!

Hey Vox! I honestly don't think they will "grill" you guys! 5 years is a long time! You know what they say in America...the 7 year marriage changed now to 4 years! So if you can make it past 4 years-your golden:) Just bring everything you have together in your name and lots of pics! You will do fine!!

voxbruno

Its not a crime being married for 5 years ;) so they wont grill you based on that fact however, having said that, they will ask you a couple of obvious questions like:

1) Why did you wait 5 years before filing your papers?
2) Trips that you both may have taken together
3) Details of the family, yours and each others - they would expect you to know each others families well by now.
4) Also questions about each other that we normally do not expect being asked, which side of the bed does ur wife sleep on/ what time did ur husband wake up today/ who made breakfast/ what did you have for dinner yesterday night.

Again, keep in mind you may breeze through the interview without any of the above being asked but this has happened in the past where people forget to remember these small details.

All the best for your interview, just carry all the documents & as MalaL said, you will do fine ;)

Our timeline

I've been tracking for a while as there was a hold up/delay in receipting for my husband's app. Thought I would update everyone here on our progress

03/15/2011: Petition mailed Express to Chicago
03/16/2011: Petition Rcvd, signed for
04/14/2011: Email inquiry sent to Chicago for delay of receipts
04/15/2011: Checks cashed, receipts issued
04/18/2011: Receipts received in mail
04/22/2011: Biometrics Appt. Notice received in Mail
04/26/2011: Biometrics Completed at Buena Park, CA ASC

@ngvuanh

Have you spoken with your ASC or called the NCSC to see what is the latest update on your case?

Its been over 30 days since you last saw any movement on your case so you should be able to call them and let them know of the same, giving them a chance to look into it and maybe sort this endless waiting game for you!

All the best!