March 2011 Filers

hi all,
i successfully completed my walk-in Bio today. it took all of 8-10mins. my ASC was so not busy, i was the only one in the building. my number was called before i even completed my forms. Everything is moving right along, now waiting for IL and EAD production email. I wish us all Goodluck.

hello every one

had a question for all if any one can help me out.

my wife applied for a me as a spouse of usc in october 2010 and she is in states and i am outside.

question is my i 130 is not approved yet, my piority date is on the 17th of april and my 5 months end on the 17the of april and now on uscis it says that it is in NBC for additional processing.

can some one help me out

thanks

On April 7, 2011, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

ASC: Naperville, IL; DO: Chicago, IL; anyone?

Thank you Noella for your nice comments! I'll try to be patient...
Does anybody share my same ASC/DO?

Thanks!

ASC: Naperville, IL
DO: Chicago, IL
Forms: i485, i-130, i-864 together with i-131 and i-765
(Day 0) 2011 March 30: Package sent by Fedex overnight to Chicago location
(Day 1) 2011 March 31st: Package received and signed by S. BUSH
(Day 15) 2011 April 14th:no news yet....

Thanks Noella, I'm on day 28 of no notification (text/email). I guess I'll call on Monday and try and get to the bottom of it since that will be day 31. Do you have an idea for how long it takes on average to receive the advance parole travel document after the first NOA is received? Thanks!

neologizm

Normally, you receive your advance parole/EAD in 4-6weeks after your biometrics have been taken.

Goodluck!

Thanks Noella, I'm on day 28 of no notification (text/email). I guess I'll call on Monday and try and get to the bottom of it since that will be day 31. Do you have an idea for how long it takes on average to receive the advance parole travel document after the first NOA is received? Thanks!

The general processing time for an AP is 60-90 days from the date your NOA say's USCIS received your application, however, having said that, if you notice my AP was sent was too soon - almost made me feel like they wanted me out of here lol!

Anyhow, my travel date was 20th May 2011 and I am guessin gthat is why they sent mine so quickly, look at my signature...that should help.

All the best!

@Andypaul

My biometrics was a breeze, just an update for you, Dallas ASC confirmed yesterday that they allow walk-ins as long as they are not busy.

Morning time is busy for them, as per the sweet lady who did my biometrics.

If you are interested in trying a walk-in you should around 3pm I must say...just thought you would like to know :)

All the best!

Hi all,

It has been three weeks since I mailed out my package. I got nothing from USCIS and feel a little nervous.

@Andypaul

My biometrics was a breeze, just an update for you, Dallas ASC confirmed yesterday that they allow walk-ins as long as they are not busy.

Morning time is busy for them, as per the sweet lady who did my biometrics.

If you are interested in trying a walk-in you should around 3pm I must say...just thought you would like to know :)

All the best!
TY Noella, i guess i am planning to attend on the scheduled time..

Allright folks, here's another update. I'm on day 31 with no notification via email/text/snailmail. I spoke to USCIS today and they transferred me to another customer service agent who took my info and looked on his computer. He couldn't find anything but told me to wait another 2 weeks before contacting them. He said the AOS packets can take longer than usual. I asked him if there was a chance that the packet was lost and he said that chance was minimal since I received confirmation through UPS. Blah! The last thing I want to do is wait 45 days and then start from scratch again.

Update: I got one more (this is the third so far) NOA for I-485 stating that I have been assigned wrong A# before, seriously. I hope this wont in anyway affect my processing. I also received my Bio letter for May 6th in Houston. I will try to do it early in Nashville. I read before on this forum that we can do our bio at different location. let me know if this is still true...

Thanks Everyone

HI Guys, haven't been on in awhile but I am SO happy to see everyone's progress! Sent back my package for the 3RD time...hoping that it just goes through this time. Definitely not gonna freak out like the last 2 times. No sense in causing all that stress upon myself. WHat is this i'm reading about ppl getting the wrong A #'s? What the heck is going on over there ay USCIS?

Hi MaraL, could you give me some information on what is the infopass appointment and how you make it? I haven't received any notification 32 days after my application was received and I'm thinking of writing a letter. Do you address it to someone specific? Any info would help! Thanks.

Hey NEPlogizm,

Just go to USCIS.gov anf on the left hand side click on "Make Infopass Appointment"..fill in all the info you have..I left alot of fields blank like A# and so on. Choose your time ang print the appointment letter. I would also write a letter to the Chicago Lockbox requesting that they send you a NOA. That helped me..they sent it within 2 days. I addresses it: Dear Sir/Ma'am!

I'm hoping that this time it goes problem free for me!

can some one help me at all

my wife is a usc and she filled it for me 5 months back i 130 and on april 7th they have transfered it to NBC for furthur processing. can any one tell me what it means and also how long will it take before the approval..

Thanks

Day33: Talk about irony. I wrote up a letter complaining about my lack of NOAs and mailed it to USCIS via priority mail. 15 minutes later, I get four NOAs via text and email. Here you have it folks, you might get an NOA in 3 days, or it might take 33 days. Depends which juggling monkey gets a hold of your application. Ridiculous!

After waiting 31 days exact and receiving no confirmation/NOA, I called USCIS. The good news is: I sent off the package Saturday 03/19/2011 & they received it on Monday 03/21/2011 (Makes mental note to include delivery confirmation next time). Now the bad news is: According to the rep I spoke to on the phone, the packet was rejected due to incorrect filing fee and they sent the notice 4 or 5 days ago, so I should be receiving it pretty soon.

Now comes the baffling part. I went to the uscis.gov website to check to make sure the fees that I submitted with the package were correct. After checking the carbon copies of the checks I submitted, I do not see how I submitted the incorrect fees.

I submitted for the I-485 + Biometrics - $1,070.00
I submitted for the I-130 - $420.00
I submitted for the I-765 - Well, nothing. Since it was filed concurrently with the I-485.

Although I wish I had known sooner, I must say that I am very relieved to know that they received the pkg and that the only thing that was "wrong" were the filing fees. Oh well, I shall see when I receive the rejection notice. In any case, can somebody breathe a sigh of relief with me? Lol.