March 2011 Filers

Our timeline seems to be similar too. I'm still waiting for notification of acceptance and I submitted my packet on March 19th.

hi, congrats to those who have recieved their NOAs and to those still waiting, have faith and it will come soon. i believe they are probably swamped with applications. i know how you guys feel.
i do have a question though, does anyone know if USCIS sends email notifications for Biometric appointments or the letters just show up in the mail. also will it be updated on the website or we should just wait for it.

hi, congrats to those who have recieved their NOAs and to those still waiting, have faith and it will come soon. i believe they are probably swamped with applications. i know how you guys feel.
i do have a question though, does anyone know if USCIS sends email notifications for Biometric appointments or the letters just show up in the mail. also will it be updated on the website or we should just wait for it.

@sexybaby

If you need electronic notification, you must send the G-1145 form along with all the other forms. I did not send mine so I never received e-notifications (email and text) until my cases started showing up online. If you did not submit the G-1145 form, you will need to wait for all notices in the mail or wait until your case shows up online and you can then sign up for notifications through email and text.
Are you able to track your cases online? Mine did not show up for many days. 485 was online when they sent me the interview letter and 765 and 131 were online once they were approved.
Good luck with the process.

@sexybaby

If you need electronic notification, you must send the G-1145 form along with all the other forms. I did not send mine so I never received e-notifications (email and text) until my cases started showing up online. If you did not submit the G-1145 form, you will need to wait for all notices in the mail or wait until your case shows up online and you can then sign up for notifications through email and text.
Are you able to track your cases online? Mine did not show up for many days. 485 was online when they sent me the interview letter and 765 and 131 were online once they were approved.
Good luck with the process.

Induz,
i did send G1145 and i got email reciept notifications. i was just wondering if they do email for Biometrics appintments too or we just have to wait for the paper copy in themail. i see tomorrow is ya interview, Goodluck with that and please be sure to share your interview experience with us all.

Induz,
i did send G1145 and i got email reciept notifications. i was just wondering if they do email for Biometrics appintments too or we just have to wait for the paper copy in themail. i see tomorrow is ya interview, Goodluck with that and please be sure to share your interview experience with us all.

You should receive both email notification about the appointment as well as a physical copy in the mail because you will need to take that when you go for your biometrics. As I see from your timelines, you should be receiving one anytime now.
And thank you for your wishes. I will keep posting about my experiences (I am tracking my case along with the folks in February filers' thread).

Update:

Got my NOA Finally after all these damn days and it's another FRICKEN REJECTION Notice. Now, the filing fees are wrong. I went over & over the website and it says $1010. So, I finally called and she told me they are $1070..well why didn't they tell me that in my first rejection letter...I mean seruiously, WTF...lol,sorry guys but I am really annoyed. How did you all know it changed to 1070 when it's not update online yet?

Ughhhhhhhhh

maraL: Sorry to hear that. Including biometrics fee its a total 1070. "http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD"
Update:

Got my NOA Finally after all these damn days and it's another FRICKEN REJECTION Notice. Now, the filing fees are wrong. I went over & over the website and it says $1010. So, I finally called and she told me they are $1070..well why didn't they tell me that in my first rejection letter...I mean seruiously, WTF...lol,sorry guys but I am really annoyed. How did you all know it changed to 1070 when it's not update online yet?

Ughhhhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that MaraL. The USCIS website has the fee as $1070, $985+$85.

Just write another check with the correct amount, and send right back to them. Don't give up!

Hey everyone!

I just logged onto my bank account and my check cleared yesterday!!!! Wow that was fast! I'll let ya know when I get my letter!!!

Hi everyone,

I am sorry Maral to hear about your case. hopefully everything will turn right.
I am very concerned about the Government shutdown, since it will delay everything :(
I am attempting a walk in for biometrics today in Alexandria, VA so keep your fingers crossed.
I will keep you posted.

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)

Hi everyone,

I am sorry Maral to hear about your case. hopefully everything will turn right.
I am very concerned about the Government shutdown, since it will delay everything :(
I am attempting a walk in for biometrics today in Alexandria, VA so keep your fingers crossed.
I will keep you posted.

USCIS will not be affected by the Govt shutdown because they are funded by filer fee. We pay these folks a fortune so that they can adjudicate our cases.
The only thing that I think will be affected is Biometrics since USCIS contracts the FBI to run our fingerprints. You should try a walk-in ASAP. The later part of the process is not affected at all by Govt shutdown.

update
called uscis told me that they issued NOA and i ll get it any of these days. got my receipt no too.starting with MSC. do you guys know which service center is this? added all three in my portfolio and activated emails and texts. they all are in initial review.

@maral- m sorry to hear that. i hope u ll send it again as soon as possible.u b optimistic..

USCIS will not be affected by the Govt shutdown because they are funded by filer fee. We pay these folks a fortune so that they can adjudicate our cases.
The only thing that I think will be affected is Biometrics since USCIS contracts the FBI to run our fingerprints. You should try a walk-in ASAP. The later part of the process is not affected at all by Govt shutdown.

Hi

I didn't even realize that the USCIS is paid by fillers. I admit that I was wondering what will happen to the security on the airports if USCIS goes on strike. However, you made me worried with FBI now. :(
I did a successful walk in today, no problems. No questions asked. Just an appointment letter and passport. I should have done it earlier :)
I don't know what next. Should i just wait patiently or should I send something ? any ideas?
By the way thomkip I am tracking your process and was just wondering if you received any notification about your I-765? i am also filling I -765 and I-131 and I am hoping to get it before June 4.
Good luck to us all

ASC Washington, DC
DO: Alexandria, VA
03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review
03/25 Appointment notice for biometrics received in the mail (scheduled for 04/18)
04/07 Awesome walk in biometrics done. Alexandria, VA

I am sorry to hear your issue, maraL.
I knew the new fees was changed on Nov 23 last year.
Is this the new fee for 2011?

Such torture...

Ten more days until it's reached the 30 day mark.
I hope everything is going to be okay. The wait is almost nerve wrecking...Ahhhh:confused:

Anet..Congrats! I received my biometric appt as well and was thinking I should do a walk in on Monday. How long did it take?

That's great!! Your timeline has given me a lot of hope, because I'm still waiting to receive notification from USCIS that they've accepted my packet.

Hi

I didn't even realize that the USCIS is paid by fillers. I admit that I was wondering what will happen to the security on the airports if USCIS goes on strike. However, you made me worried with FBI now. :(
I did a successful walk in today, no problems. No questions asked. Just an appointment letter and passport. I should have done it earlier :)
I don't know what next. Should i just wait patiently or should I send something ? any ideas?
By the way thomkip I am tracking your process and was just wondering if you received any notification about your I-765? i am also filling I -765 and I-131 and I am hoping to get it before June 4.
Good luck to us all

My EAD went into card production yesterday as you can see in my signature. Since you just did your biometrics, the next thing will depend on how busy your DO is. If your DO is busy, you will get an EAD approval before the IL. If your Do is not busy you will get the IL before the EAD.