March 2011 Filers

I can't believe how fast your case is trackable! that's amazing! I wish I would have known about that form to fill out to get the sms notifications..

Hi Everyone,
As I said, I sent in my wife's application on 03/21. She is currently on a visiting visa to the USA and her six months will be up 03/24/2011. I understand that as I have now filed for her, she is able to stay on in the US until her GC is approved, no problems. She is booked to go on a cruise to the Bahamas (travelling from Miami) in April (for 3 nights). Now my question is this, will she have a problem with re-entry back into the US at the port of entry? Her US visa does not expire until Nov 2012.

Hey!

I was in a similar situation.

If her I-94 expires on 24th March I would not recommend she make that cruise trip.

You get a re-entry permit for a GC holder as far as I can understand, however make an info pass appt and ensure she is in the valid category to get back into the country if she makes the cruise.

Travel within the US would not be an issue, however if you can update her timeline then I may be able to look something up for you.

All the best!

(Day 0) 03/16 Mailed I130,I-485,I-765,I-693 to Chicago
(Day 1) 03/17 Received and signed for by J.Chyba @9.21am

i am still waiting on my text/email NOA.

I have a question.
On the online status it says that I will have my biometrics scheduled within 30 days of submitting your application.
So which date is it on NOA? The received date or the notice date?
As for Maral probably the patience in your case is the key :(
In mine too :(

MSC Washington DC

03/03 Applications I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 send to Chicago
03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed
03/17 NOA1 for all 4 forms
03/18 Status online for all 4 notifications initial review

The notice date.

The notice date is the day they accepted your application to process it further.

So within 30 days from that date is when you will get your biometrics NOA.

Hope this helps, all the best :)

Nothing today either guys! The poor mail man is anticipating it with me..he said if he sees it in my box and if i'm not out there waiting for it he will personally deliver to my house:) Ughhhhhhhh

Hi Noella, thanks for responding. Her Timeline is as follows:

09/25/10 - Came into the country on a B-2 non-immigrant visa (visa is for multiple entry and expires 11/2012). I-94 stamped 03/24/2011
03/21/2011 - sent I-485 to Chicago Lockbox, unfortunately did not apply for Advance Parole
04/29 - 05/02 - she is booked to go on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Please enlighten me on how Infopass works. Also given her timeline, do you reckon she might still be able to obtain AP on time, if required and make the trip?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
09/25/10 - Came into the country on a B-2 non-immigrant visa (visa is for multiple entry and expires 11/2012). I-94 stamped 03/24/2011
Please enlighten me on how Infopass works. Also given her timeline, do you reckon she might still be able to obtain AP on time, if required and make the trip?

Heavy,

From a legal source I spoke with:

If her I94 stamp expires on 03/24/11 she has to leave the country by then EVEN if she has a valid visa until 11/12. Techinically, 1 day over the I94 is an overstay.

I would not do the cruise...you can keep her here on the application but can't guarantee her entrance from the cruise.

I have a relative that's an immigration attorney and I called and asked..just wante to share with you..

Maria

just wanted to add to the above post...My relative couldn't help with my case since we are related and it would be conflict of interest. ALthough, if anyone has any questions for me to ask her. Let me know, would love to help anyone on here!!!

Thank you all!

The notice date is the day they accepted your application to process it further.

Thank you soooo much,
At least I know I can start bother those people from April 9.
My husband doesn't even know how much I am panicking about this AP ;/
I bought us the tickets for June 5 and I really hope to get the approved AP till then
Does anyone know if you can pick up AP yourself?
Thank you good luck to us all :)

MSC Washington DC

03/10 Email notification of received applications stated that they received all documentation on march 6
03/10 checks cashed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Noella, thanks for responding. Her Timeline is as follows:

03/21/2011 - sent I-485 to Chicago Lockbox, unfortunately did not apply for Advance Parole
04/29 - 05/02 - she is booked to go on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Thanks.

Hey!

OK I can now confidently say I was in the exact same situation :)

Alright, this is how it works. As long as you guys have your I-485 application pending, she is fine inspite of her I-94 running out of time. It is a positive that you guys applied for her I-485 before the validy expires.

However, having said that, she can not travel outside the US on an expired I-94 even though she has a valid US visit visa. This is so because she is married to you and has her I-485 pending.

When she tries to enter at any port of authority to get back in she will not be given the permission to do so.

You guys can try for an expedited AP however I doubt they will issue it as expidited AP's are usually handed by the USCIS for emergency travel reasons, but it still can be worth a shot.

When you make an info pass appt, an immigration officer will agree to see you to answer your questions.

You need to ensure that you carry all documentation like I-485 copy, her passport in original, your ID document, marriage lisence etc to provide him with if he/she needs to take a look at it.

Explain your situation to the officer and see what they advice you to do.

Just one last question; if she came here on a B1 visa did she come here with the intention of getting married to you or did the wedding just happen. How you answer that question will make a big difference too :)

BTW here is the link from the USCIS website to schedule an info pass appt close to where you live.

Hope all this blabbering helped, all the best buddy!

Thank you soooo much,
At least I know I can start bother those people from April 9.
My husband doesn't even know how much I am panicking about this AP ;/
I bought us the tickets for June 5 and I really hope to get the approved AP till then
Does anyone know if you can pick up AP yourself?
Thank you good luck to us all :)

MSC Washington DC

03/10 checks cashed

:)

Well looking at your timeline Anet and seeing as how you are wanting to travel in June, look at the date on your NOA that says 'Notice Date' and exactly 30 days from that date, call the NCSC and request them that you need to travel in June to see family etc and was hoping that the AP could be expedited....

One point though - DO NOT mention to them that you have already booked your tickets, that does not go down well with them as they expect us to wait the 60-90 days before any such action is taken o_O

Anyhow, be patient, the best comes to those who wait and this is true atleast with the USCIS cases ;)

All the best!

Heavy,

From a legal source I spoke with:

If her I94 stamp expires on 03/24/11 she has to leave the country by then EVEN if she has a valid visa until 11/12. Techinically, 1 day over the I94 is an overstay.

I would not do the cruise...you can keep her here on the application but can't guarantee her entrance from the cruise.

I have a relative that's an immigration attorney and I called and asked..just wante to share with you..

Maria

I agree with what maraL said however, remember, she can not leave teh country otherwise her I-485 will be considered as abandoned.

She can overstay her I-94 as long as her I-485 is with the USCIS, she will legally not be liable as she is married.

I overstayed my I-94 almost 175 days and consulted an immigration attorney who confirmed for me as long as I submit my papers before I touch the 180 day overstay limit I will be fine.

But yes, again, the cruise is not advisable at the moment.

So Noella this question is for you...

I called the customer service number today and asked if they could get me a supervisor to see why I haven't gotten a NOA. She told me to wait 4-6 months..what the hell? Have you ever heard of that? She was like if something was misfiled we would have sent you a letter,then she read my address and asked how old my son was because he was babbling in the background.

DO you think they aare holding my case since my husband was in removal proceedings last year? Even though they dropped it & approved our I130 on 04/29/2010? SOmething is just not adding up. When I made a mistake the first time I sent in, they gave me A NOA within 8 days. I just have an awful feeling that they are holding the file for some reason. My cousin thinks that they are following us---that would be great news since we are happily married...I just don't have any logical reasons for the hold...any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,

Maria

maraL

Do not give yourself high blood pressure. Your hubby's case will be processed but in due time. Remember that he is/was in removal proceedings. That is an application that needs to be processed specially to rule out fraud. That requires time.

Goodluck!

Update. Email acknowledgement received.

21 March 2011 - Package Sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
22 March 2011 - Delivered. Signed for by S.BUSH
25 March 2011 - 3 Emails received for (I-130, I-485, I-765)

I am very nervous March filer. I sent my 485, 130, 765, 131 together to Chicago Lockbox and it arrived March 14, 2011. I have not heard anything from them and today is march 25th.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I sent mine to Chicago Lockbox and it arrived March 14. I still havn't heard anything and they have not cashed the checks.