March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Waiting For EAD

I can't find my case status online either. Hopefully I will get some type of documentation in the mail soon. I hope that the RFE hasn't slowed down my case too much.

Immigration status

Please advice Guys---

My current status is H1b and my H1b (I-797A) approval Notice is valid till April 15, 2009. and on my I-94 ( Arrival/ departure) card , its showing H1b status till April 10, 2009. I already applied for h1b extension in feburary and My H1b extension petition is pending with USCIS.

I am sending my complete AOS Package(I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131) on May 1 since my wife is becoming citizen on April 30. I am also attaching H1b extension Receipt with I-485/ I-130 application as proof of my current status.

Is my current situation gonna create any problem for my family based AOS application ?? Is i am overstarying in this country ??

thanks in advance

Punjabi1

Punjabi1: You won't have a problem because overstays are "forgiven" in cases where AOS is through marriage to a USC.
How long have you been married?
The main thing is to prove that the marriage is genuine.

BornintheRSA :: thanks for your resposne. We got married in August 2007 and since then we are living together. for I-130,to Prove ongoing marraige, i am sending Marraige certificate, joint bank statement, joint cell phone bill, joint house rental aggrement, last 2 years joint income tax return.

I asked my friend couple of months ago regarding my h1b extension thing....he said since your h1b extension petition is pending with USCIS, you are still in status even though your h1b is expring.
Let see what will happen......i am sending my application of May 1.

Punjabi1

Punjabi1: You won't have a problem because overstays are "forgiven" in cases where AOS is through marriage to a USC.
How long have you been married?
The main thing is to prove that the marriage is genuine.

I had my Biometrics done on 04/10, but on the 03/20 i received RFE. My i-94 expired 2 years ago and since then i was working without authorization. so when we submitted all the paperwork i included my income as well, because my husband's income is not enough, well, the RFE says i need to submit documentation, that allows me to work...and ofcourse i dont have it..
i knew i should've used a joint sponsor-my parents -in-law-they wanted to help. i hope it is not too late to use their income now. just today we we received the IRS transcripts, so tomorrow i will mail all the copies for the joint sponsor.

any ideas, if this should work?

thank you in advance.

Location-Tulsa
DO-Oklahoma City

03/03/2009-Mailed I-130,ans i-485 package
03/05/2009-Received at Chicago
03/13/2009-NOA received
03/16/2009-Biometric Scheduled for 04/10
Biometrics-04/10/2009
03/20/2009-RFE

G325A Question

your thoughts please

In G325-A form they are asking for my Last Employment abroad.
but my last employment abroad is around 8 years ago.I worked there before coming to US (1998 to 2001). do i sill need to give that employer name and address?? I dont know whether that company is still in business or not ?? maybe company is closed now ??
Is USCIS gonna verify this employment in my home country ???

Punjabi1

Waiting for Interview Letter

Here is my time line:
Current Permit: TN-1
GC thru marriage
March 2, 2009 – Sent 130, 485, 693, 765 and 864W to Chicago overnight
March 3, 2009 – Package received
March 11, 2009 – Checks cashed
March 10, 2009 – Notices received
March 12, 2009 – Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 2, 2009 – Biometrics
April 20, 2009 – EAD Card Production Ordered (765 status showed up online)

just back from biometrics, had first appointment time of the day so was through quickly, the journey back home was more stressful tho, we managed to get lost. lol. now will wait and see what happens.

Online Status

Status update.

Los Angeles
3/2/09 Package(I-130, I-485, G325A, I-765, I-131, I-864) sent to Chicago via USPS priority mail.
3/11/09 $355 and $1010 checks cashed. Not $70 check yet.
3/13/09 Received Rejection Notice for the $70 check. Now have Receipt Number!!
3/14/09 Received NOAs for 131,130,765, and 485.
3/16/09 ASC Appointment Notice received (Case type 485, 765). Biometrics scheduled on 4/2/09.
4/2/09 Biometrics done at El Monte Immigration Service Center
Around 4/13/09 Online Status for I-130 & I-765 started to show up.
4/17/09 According to the online status, I-130 has been approved and the notice was sent.

Wow - SUNLAND!!!

Wow, Sunland! Your case is going so fast!!! Since we sent the application on the same day, I hope my interview date will be set as soon as yours~!!!

Maybe I should have put my local office as Sunland. I live in LA... and it's not that far to Sunland. Is it? Where do you live?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you! I hope that your cases will be moving forward as well. I just hope everything will be smooth and there will be no RFEs!

@ Justiceapple - I live in Sunland (near Burbank) but my DO is still Los Angeles.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you! I hope that your cases will be moving forward as well. I just hope everything will be smooth and there will be no RFEs!

@ Justiceapple - I live in Sunland (near Burbank) but my DO is still Los Angeles.

you are scaring me now, Is it very bad to get an RFE?:eek:

I got one and my case is pending now

chelo_7: sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!
its just that when you get RFEs, it adds to the time that you have to wait...
but everything will be fine. It will still depend on how fast your DOs process the paperwork.... Best of luck to us all! :) Cheer up!

G325A form ( Last Residence and Employment Abroad)

your thoughts Please :
Question 1:: before coming to US in 2001........i was studying BTech from Bombay from 1997 to 2001. but my permanent address was Delhi.
So in this G325A form, where they are asking Applicant Last Address Abroad ....should i put my Bombay address where i was studying for 4 years from 1997 to 2001 or should i put my delhi address where i was born and which was my permanent address?????

Question 2:: In G325-A form they are asking for my Last Employment abroad.
but my last employment abroad is around 8 years ago.I worked in india before coming to US (1998 to 2001). do i sill need to give that employer name and address?? I dont know whether that company is still in business or not ?? maybe company is closed now ?? should i just put "None" in that row ??

Sorry...I asked this question before but no response..so i am asking again....as my AOS applying date is coming......

Punjabi1

your thoughts Please :
Question 1:: before coming to US in 2001........i was studying BTech from Bombay from 1997 to 2001. but my permanent address was Delhi.
So in this G325A form, where they are asking Applicant Last Address Abroad ....should i put my Bombay address where i was studying for 4 years from 1997 to 2001 or should i put my delhi address where i was born and which was my permanent address?????Punjabi1

I was in the same situation in the UK and to be on the safe side listed both permanent and temporary addresses. (my permanent address was in Manchester but i lived in Preston for during the week whilst at uni between 2003 & 2007, i put the manchester one as last addresss and put the preston below in the previous address area.)

but my last employment abroad is around 8 years ago.I worked in india before coming to US (1998 to 2001). do i sill need to give that employer name and address?? I dont know whether that company is still in business or not ?? maybe company is closed now ?? should i just put "None" in that row ??
Is USCIS gonna verify this employment in my home country ??? Punjabi1

Put it down to be on the safe side, i know for a fact one of the company i listed in England are no longer around.

As for question 1, you should put your address in Delhi which was your parmanent address at that time because the address in Bombay was just temporary one because of studying reason in there.

For question 2, you cannot put none because if you do then it's lying and giving misleading information and misrepresenting yourself. You should write the truth as it was. It's not your problem if company where you worked might have closed down or not in the bussiness anymore. And just because company doesn't exit anymore or you don't know if it's there or not, that doesn't wipe out the fact that you did work there. USCIS is not asking you not to put down those companies that don't exit anymore; instead USCIS is asking you to answer where did you work and they are expecting your honest answer than you are trying to conceal something from them.

"Is USCIS gonna verify this employment in my home country ???"

Why do you care whether govt. verifies it or not? Form G-325 is the least noticable document for USCIS. They don't care about this form or the information on this form that much unless someone tries to adjust status within one year of entering into the US. Because then USCIS sends the copy of it to US consulate/embassy to verify all the information.

your thoughts Please :
So in this G325A form, where they are asking Applicant Last Address Abroad ....should i put my Bombay address where i was studying for 4 years from 1997 to 2001 or should i put my delhi address where i was born and which was my permanent address?????

Sorry...I asked this question before but no response..so i am asking again....as my AOS applying date is coming......

Punjabi1

Thank you JohnnyCash. I got my Answer.

Punjabi1

As for question 1, you should put your address in Delhi which was your parmanent address at that time because the address in Bombay was just temporary one because of studying reason in there.

For question 2, you cannot put none because if you do then it's lying and giving misleading information and misrepresenting yourself. You should write the truth as it was. It's not your problem if company where you worked might have closed down or not in the bussiness anymore. And just because company doesn't exit anymore or you don't know if it's there or not, that doesn't wipe out the fact that you did work there. USCIS is not asking you not to put down those companies that don't exit anymore; instead USCIS is asking you to answer where did you work and they are expecting your honest answer than you are trying to conceal something from them.

"Is USCIS gonna verify this employment in my home country ???"

Why do you care whether govt. verifies it or not? Form G-325 is the least noticable document for USCIS. They don't care about this form or the information on this form that much unless someone tries to adjust status within one year of entering into the US. Because then USCIS sends the copy of it to US consulate/embassy to verify all the information.

Fees for I-485/ I-130/I-131/I-765

one last thing regarding AOS fees:
1. I know that we need 2 checks. one of $1010 for I-485 payable to U.S. Department of homeland security.
2. another one for $355 for I-130.
3. No fees for I-765 and I-131.

Now who should write these checks. Me (Beneficiary) or my wife ( Petitioner)?

thanks
Punjabi1