March 2006 Visa Bulletin is out

For 245(i) cases should come under per-country quota?

I have a serious doubt. For 245(i) cases that were filed around April 2001, should they not come under per-country quota? since most of the illlegal aliens might be from Mexico, Central America, Carribean or South America (my guess. I might be wrong). I do not believe that illegal aliens can cross oceans and come from Asia or Europe (which is still a remote possibility but may not account for 200,000 odd people). Then why should the whole world's EB3 numbers get stuck in May 2001?

asd2005 said:
I have a serious doubt. For 245(i) cases that were filed around April 2001, should they not come under per-country quota? since most of the illlegal aliens might be from Mexico, Central America, Carribean or South America (my guess. I might be wrong). I do not believe that illegal aliens can cross oceans and come from Asia or Europe (which is still a remote possibility but may not account for 200,000 odd people). Then why should the whole world's EB3 numbers get stuck in May 2001?
Agreed that many might not be from Asia or Europe. But there are people who come here legally from these far-off countries using Visitor Visa or so and many dont go back and become illegal..

Still it may not be an equal distribution of illegal aliens across all the 200 countries. It should be according to the ratio of the country to the total number. In that case even though lot of people from Asia might have stayed back on visitor visa but may not account for more than say 20,000 or 30,000 out of the 200,000. However, country like Mexico might have may be around 100,000. All these numbers may not be correct but just estimates. Dept. of Labor knows exact count of the people from each country (Mexico, India, China, etc.,) Then, why should the whole world wait for it. Shouldn't these be accounted in the PD for the country.

245 i impact

Here is what I posted couple of times earlier but everything seems to be crazy now after march 2006 VB.
I dont understand why we are so much anxious about the visa numbers because of 245(i)cases. I dont see any big impact.
Here is my analysis. Please let me know if I am wrong.

1) There is an estimate of 300,000 cases of 245(i) out of which it is estimated that 90% or more are mexicans that have their own quota. So around 30,000 Principal visa numbers will be needed besides mexicans.
2) There were two options for the 245(i) applicants.. either they can go with the family based or the emplyment based. Family based is easy to apply rather than employment based as USCIS needs a lot of stuff for verification if someone is applying on employment basis. I would say fewer people applied for employment based. This will reduce the number of applicants in employment based category.
3) I know personally some people who filed 245(i) and they approved way back and lot of them are still pending at the backlog centers. So there is no estimate how many dont need the visa numbers. They are out of 245(i) applicants list so dont affect anything.
4) The retrogression takes effect in July. Until July everything was current. So whatever the cases were there in USCIS for AOS until july 2005 is done. Now the PD is at April 2001. I would hardly imagine that anyone can have PD before that date within the past 6 months and waiting to apply for I-485. The BEC is not working that good to finalize cases that fast yet.
5) Based on the above facts I would say less than 15,000 visa numbers would be needed for the employment based and they are further sub divided in India, China, Phillipines and all others.

This doesnt seem much to me. I would say that all others chargebility (in EB3) to which I belong to will become current in 2-3 months. India might take 4-5 months.

Please comment and let me know.

gc_aug_05 said:
Agreed that many might not be from Asia or Europe. But there are people who come here legally from these far-off countries using Visitor Visa or so and many dont go back and become illegal..

Question on Visa Bulletin Table for EB3

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

In Employment Based Category Table, for India there is 01JAN01 date for 3rd Category and there is 01OCT01 for other workers. My priority date is 18NOV03 and I am an Indian Citizen applied under EB3.

So, which date applies for me?

01JAN01

beam2006 said:
Hello,

Thanks for the update.

In Employment Based Category Table, for India there is 01JAN01 date for 3rd Category and there is 01OCT01 for other workers. My priority date is 18NOV03 and I am an Indian Citizen applied under EB3.

So, which date applies for me?

No False Hopes Here!

Sorry Kamrans,

Don't take it personally, but I have no regard for idle speculation. I learnt this long time ago that all your theory, calculation, prediction can go out the window when it comes to the indiscretion of the USCIS. They have no logic, clear policy or principle based on which they take action.

However hard and difficult to believe this simple fact, it is indeed been proven true time and time again. So, when I see hopes in the disguise of predictions, calculations, guesswork, I usually skip them as I know that none of this applies to USCIS and their mode of operation.

I guess one has to either swallow hard and live with the outcome of these VBs or get involved with some organisation in raising their voices. At least, then it seems we are not altogether victims or babe in the woods, but are doing something (regardless of the outcome). It boosts you psychologically to being involved, taking part in some movement.

No logic for the cutoff dates

kamrans said:
Here is what I posted couple of times earlier but everything seems to be crazy now after march 2006 VB.
I dont understand why we are so much anxious about the visa numbers because of 245(i)cases. I dont see any big impact.
............. I would say that all others chargebility (in EB3) to which I belong to will become current in 2-3 months. India might take 4-5 months.

Please comment and let me know.

The cutoff dates for EB3 India was June 2002 in July 2005 when the annual quota had been used up. 245i cases were pending at that time too. I don't see any rhyme or reason why the cutoff dates for EB3 India was taken back to historical dates when the fiscal year began in October 2005 :mad:

If DOS had any logic, EB3 India should have moved atleast to June 2002.

Looking at the EB3 world wide dates, I have a strong feeling the anti-immigration lobby has a strong hold in DOS. They want to make sure that the annual quota of employment based green cards are not used up this year :mad:

According to your signature - you are almost there....be happy :)
even if God forbid you loose a job - you can port and not loose your GC...
Im trying not to loose hope but regardless of my hope - I may never see GC :(

Dallas03096 said:
The cutoff dates for EB3 India was June 2002 in July 2005 when the annual quota had been used up. 245i cases were pending at that time too. I don't see any rhyme or reason why the cutoff dates for EB3 India was taken back to historical dates when the fiscal year began in October 2005 :mad:

If DOS had any logic, EB3 India should have moved atleast to June 2002.

Looking at the EB3 world wide dates, I have a strong feeling the anti-immigration lobby has a strong hold in DOS. They want to make sure that the annual quota of employment based green cards are not used up this year :mad:

Totally agree.

There is no logic with USCIS or DOL. There is no data. There is no accountability. Thanks.

GC_TRAP said:
Sorry Kamrans,

Don't take it personally, but I have no regard for idle speculation. I learnt this long time ago that all your theory, calculation, prediction can go out the window when it comes to the indiscretion of the USCIS. They have no logic, clear policy or principle based on which they take action.

However hard and difficult to believe this simple fact, it is indeed been proven true time and time again. So, when I see hopes in the disguise of predictions, calculations, guesswork, I usually skip them as I know that none of this applies to USCIS and their mode of operation.

I guess one has to either swallow hard and live with the outcome of these VBs or get involved with some organisation in raising their voices. At least, then it seems we are not altogether victims or babe in the woods, but are doing something (regardless of the outcome). It boosts you psychologically to being involved, taking part in some movement.

Is it true that the March visa number dates does not become effective until 3/1/2006, although they are published it in advance, it's just for info--not for use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see some movement. Really want EB3 to continue movement beyond April'01 soon..just like EB2. Know its wishful thinking..but hey...will try to remain an optimist! :)

coowboy said:
Is it true that the March visa number dates does not become effective until 3/1/2006, although they are published it in advance, it's just for info--not for use?

Correct. Sounds like your PD is current. Waiting two more weeks won't kill you.

Question..... ?

We all know there is no logic or justification for anything which USICS does but.... Is it possible that EB3 India can surpase China, Mexico and Philipines ? Are there any dependency between the retrogress countries and the rest of the world?

The concern is after reaching May01, will all countries advancement will be more or less the same or there can be exceptions ?

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

That's the million dollar question.
Everybody is breaking their heads to know the answer.
Nobody has the answer for that :D :D

I can tell that more than 70% of the 245i people are from Mexico, for that reason the Eb3 dates for them are in March 2001. I think that Rest of the World will remain in may 01, 2001 for at least 6 months and then will advance at a faster pace.

I think that there are not so many illegals from India who are in 245i, maybe 10%.

Rest of the world probably 20% of 245i illegals.

I think that the people in 245i must have a separate processing order because it is unfair with most of us who are in this country legally.

dmbronner said:
I can tell that more than 70% of the 245i people are from Mexico, for that reason the Eb3 dates for them are in March 2001. I think that Rest of the World will remain in may 01, 2001 for at least 6 months and then will advance at a faster pace.

I think that there are not so many illegals from India who are in 245i, maybe 10%.

Rest of the world probably 20% of 245i illegals.

I think that the people in 245i must have a separate processing order because it is unfair with most of us who are in this country legally.

you think too much. hopefully you will not get a headache!