March 2004 status new thread

update!

I had discussed with my lawyer. The same day after I talked to him, I got FP notice to do in Charlotte on 2/25/04. I did early FP's on 2/23/05. Also, the I-140 LUD changed on 2/23/05 indicating that an RFE was requested on 2/21/05. The RFE is for educational qualification. I am not sure why, but we had sent this with the original packet, but are now sending it again.

I think what triggered activity on my case was sending in application for renewal of the EAD. Before that nothing was happening. Hopefully, TSC will approve the 140 soon.

I know of a few cases

KGY,

I know of atleast 3 cases that got approved at the end of Jan early Feb (all EB3). All of these guys had their FPs done in November and their PDs were current. Their 140 was approved about 2-3 weeks before the 485 got approved. Since early Feb I have not seen to many 485 approvals from 03-04. I have noticed a lot of 2002 filers getting their 485 approved in the past few weeks. Maybe they have started concentrating on old cases with current PDs (atleast for EB3 category) and will eventually get to us. Another interesting thing that I have noted is that most approvals this year have been for people whose FP was completed in the latter part of 04. I have not seen very many cases with FPs in 05 being approved.

Spending as much time as I do on this forum, I have noted that TSC is currently busy approving 140s for 04 filers (all EB categories) and approving 485s for 02 filers. Most of these 02 filers had their 2nd or 3rd FPs done at the end of 04. Everyone else is being neglected for the time being.

I think my case is in limbo. It does not fall under any usual pattern because of all the messed up transfers. I have resigned to the fact that they will get to it eventually. Senators and Congressman will come next for me but I hope I don't have to get into all that.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are right about your observation. I wonder how many % cases are still left from 2002 and when they will come back to 2003/2004 cases. Good luck to your case, after so much of mess they might correct there mistake and approved your cases soon.

No idea how many 02s are still there !!

KGY,

I have no idea of how many 02s are still pending. For that matter I am not sure how many 03s are still out there. Another scary thing is the PERM regulation for LC that will be implemented later this month. It is going to make the LC process very quick and then there will be a flood of 140-485s at the service centers. I hope and pray that our cases do not get bogged down by that mess.

On a personal level, TSC expediting my case because of their error would be to logical and fair on their part. They will get to it when they want to. I am just happy that they have gotten it back to TSC atleast.

saras

They are working on concurrent 02s

KGY,

It looks like a lot of concurrent 02 cases are getting approved. I think they are going in order and 03 will be next. Lets hope they work fast.

saras

485 Approved!

My 485 got approved today before I-140 did (see my signature) Very interesting! Maybe I-140 will follow soon? Or maybe it's already approved, with no online update or approval notice. :)