Manchester, NH Time line

New to this forum.
Great information..

hi there,
yours goes fast, I have my Interview on 8/25 so Im bit nervous, but this forum is really helpful.

NH Manchester
Applied 5/21
received 5/26
FP 6/19
Interview letter received 7/14
Interview 8/25

Please let me know was your interview..
Yours is 9 days before mine..

I wish you the best.

So, how did your interview go?

I have mine next Thursday..
Any details you can share?

Thanks

Any update on Interviews in Manchester ?
I wish you the best.

08/01/09 : Mailed application
08/04/09 : Application received
08/07/09 : Check cashed
08/11/09 : NOA
08/13/09 : Received FP notice
08/25/09 : FP done
????????? : IL Notice received [Notice Date 07/24/09]
?????????: ID
????????? : OL Received
?????????: Oath date

Had Interview today..

I had a couple of arrests back in 1993 & 1995 ( DUI and Assault -misdemeanor- ).

The interview was quick, but the field officer told me that 'A decision can not be made at this time'.

He gave me a letter requesting Certified Court records of the arrests.. One month to provide them ..

So now, I need to figure out how to get those records ( I live in New Hampshire those arrests were in Arizona)..

the interesting thing is that he asked me to sign both pictures and also asked me to review all the information for the certificate..

Not sure what to expect now..

BTW, I have been married for 11 years..

It's a standard requirement to provide court certified documents of past arrests..Did you not read the documents checklist, N-400 instructions or naturalization guide which all state you must bring such documents to the interview?
You'll need to contact the Arizona court where the cases were handled. If they no longer have the records onfile, make sure to get a letter from them that says so and provide it to USCIS.

I don't remember which court handled the cases. .
I've called two of the three courts in Flagstaff, Az and they are sending me letters that state that they are no records available. .

Now my question is, since this was so long ago, can this have any affect on my case?
Why did the FO have me sign the photos and asked me to verify the information for the Certificate?

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello cisjua,

What questions were you asked during the interview ?

Civic and test.

Manchester, NH DO

08/01/09 : Mailed application
08/04/09 : Application received
08/07/09 : Check cashed
08/11/09 : NOA
08/13/09 : Received FP notice
08/25/09 : FP done
????????? : IL Notice received
?????????: ID
????????? : OL Received
?????????: Oath date

Update ...

The questions that they asked were:

Read "Who elects congress"

Write "We, the people elect Congress"

Test:

Name 3 of the original Colonies
Name one State that borders with Mexico
Who is in charge of the Executive branch
How many senators
The First President of the US
Name of the current President.

In other news..
To follow up on my last post.
I sent Court records ( or letters stating that records were not found) to the USCIS office last Friday.
I got a call from USCIS this morning:
"We want to knwo if you can come in NEXT TUESDAY 29th to take the OATH"
"We are sending you a letter today, but just wanted to let you know" ( I guess cause it is already Wednesday 23rd.

So I GOT APPROVED..

Next Tuesday the 29th is my OATH Ceremony..

Thanks to every one here..

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview in Manchester NH today. About 10 minutes total and then I was out the door, approval letter in hand. The IO was very courteous and cheerful, easily the nicest USCIS person I've encountered.

I was asked to write "We have fifty states". Can't remember what I was asked to read.

My civics questions:

1. Who was brought here as slaves?
2. Who is the Vice President?
3. What is the highest court in the land?
4. Why did the colonists fight the British?
5. Who makes federal laws?
6. How many amendments does the constitution have?

The only things that led to any discussion were:

1. I had incorrectly put my wife's info in part 8, section G rather than her ex-husband's info. No big deal, she corrected it with her pen (luckily I had his info on-hand)

2. I had made 2 international trips since applying originally. Thanks to this forum I was ready with my updated printout of the travel page from the N400 form. She said, "Well, this is *very* helpful!".

3. She asked about my two $50 traffic citations which were years old. Since I had successfully contested both tickets in court and my record was clean, the court had told me they couldn't produce documentation to that effect. Luckily this forum had prepped me enough, and I had been to the RMV and gotten a statement from them saying I had a clean record. After producing that I'm sure the officer figured out I had either researched this forum or had an attorney prep me beforehand :)

Thanks again for all the wonderful info on this forum. It made today go so much smoother and I really appreciate that. Hope the oath ceremony happens soon, I can't wait!

Hi everyone,
I've been following this thread for a while (silently)
any updates?
damon_boston - did you get your oath out of the way? how long did you wait for it?
I've had my interview over 3 weeks ago and still haven't received any letters or notices from USCIS
I'm getting a bit impatient..

Happy New Year!
Venus

Finally got my Oath Letter today! I'm scheduled for the ceremony on Jan 22nd in Concord NH :)

Been a long time coming but it's almost there. Hope I can get my passport in time for my trip out of the country on January 30th - only a week after the oath. I might have to use an expediting service, but it will be worth it.

damon_boston - did you get your oath out of the way? how long did you wait for it?

My interview was Oct 28th and my oath letter was sent Dec 18th. However I was travelling for the last few weeks and my mail was on hold, so I only received it today.

So in other words, give it time! It will come soon :)

Wow, From October till now? That's a long time...
I was hoping to get my oath soon so I can get my passport as well - going on vaca Jan 30th myself!
My mom got her oath letter a week after her interview and attended the ceremony a week after that (that was in Michigan)
I'm quite disappointed :(

Completed my oath today in Concord NH! I'm ALL DONE, finally! :)

The ceremony was really well organized and conducted with genuine emotion. Even Governor Lynch attended and spoke. Right afterwards I drove straight down to Boston for an expedited passport application, and I can pick it up on Tuesday. Phew! (I have to fly international next Friday).

Thanks beyond thanks to the helpful and wonderful members of this forum. You are all tremendous people and I have appreciated your help at every turn.

Best wishes to you all!

Wow, congrats damon_boston!
I'm glad it's over for you and that you enjoyed the ceremony.
I just received my Oath Letter in the mail yesteday - it's scheduled for February 19th in Concord.
Can't wait!

congratulations

Hi everyone,
I've been following this thread for a while (silently)
any updates?
I've had my interview over 3 weeks ago and still haven't received any letters or notices from USCIS
I'm getting a bit impatient..

Happy New Year!
Venus

I am glad you received your Oath letter letter. Congratulations ! I am really happy for you.

Thank you!
Too bad I won't get my passport it in time for my international trip, but it's ok.
As long as I get it by April. My old passport expires on April first and trying to renew it here in the US is close to impossible!

P.S. question for those of you who took the oath recently - how long did the ceremony last??
I will probably have to go back to work afterwards so need to plan accordingly.
Thanks!