Making concurrent H1 my primary

amarwadi

Hello,
I currently have a concurrent H1-B filed under a company and it is valid till July 2010 which is the date my 6yrs of my H1 come to an end.

I also currently have a primary H1B with a different employer, which expires in Sept,2009. I also have an approved I-140 from my current employer. however, due to issues with my employer's practices, I would like to make my concurrent H1-B my primary H1-B.

I understand that this will automatically invalidate my I-140. I would be OK with that.

My question's are:
- what steps can I take/or are needed to make my concurrent H1 my primary H1?
- Can I seek a 3yr extension on my concurrent H1-B as my I-140 has been approved? Will it be a problem if I seek this 3yr extension on my concurrent H1-B.

I would highly appreciate any help any one can offer related to this. I have tried to contact the immigration offices of Rajiv Khanna, but haven't heard any feedback yet. I will keep trying to contact them, but I would love it if someone here could shed some light on this issue.

Thank You,
Anup Marwadi

At least your employer has to file new LCA with new employment conditions if working hour gets changed to go for primary.

Last edited by a moderator: