Make Your Contribution/Donation Today !! - A great day for Legal Immigrants

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
A great day for Legal Immigrants

Make Your Contribuion Today !!

Hi Every One,
We, the Core Team of this forum, are pleased to announce the arrival of immigrationportal.org, a new organization to fight for the causes of legal immigrants.
We anticipate our activities to include matters such as working with the United States Congress for improving the immigration laws, working with USCIS for reducing the backlog of all types of immigration applications, working with the state and federal agencies to fight the type of discrimination cases we have seen with New Jersey DMV, etc.. To achieve all these results, we need a strong organization with enough funds so that we can pay for the legal and other organizational expenses.

We believe, one of our first goals should be to hire a full time, professional employee/contractor to work for us. Having a professional person working for us 7/24 will help our cause a great deal. So we ask every one to go to our new website www.immigrationportal.org and donate money for this, your cause. Let us not passively tolerate injustice. We must act.

Let me add a little bit of background to this organization. For the past 9 months, we have been discussing ways to fight the I485 backlogs. About 4 months back, we decided to take a long term approach for this problem and started working towards forming an organization. Rajiv S. Khanna, our host, helped us in registering the organization and he has accepted to be present as a director in the board. The other members on the board of directors are : 140_takes_4ever, ayansgp, dsatish, Edison, frantic, kash777, Kashmir, MrCoolz, rajum, rk4gc, tr22 and yjay. The actual names of these people can be found on the website. All these people have been actively working in the VSC/CSC/NSC/TSC I485 forums for the past year and more. We (the board members) will not take any remuneration and we will not claim any reimbursement for the time we have spent on the activities. We are doing it as a service and what motivates us is our passion and excitement of starting perhaps the first organization to work for the rights of legal immigrants. This organization belongs to all the legal immigrants. The name and the URL of the organization have been licensed from Mr. Khanna at the fee of one dollar ($1.00) per annum. His office is providing the initial facilities such as phone, fax numbers and street address. Note that nobody owns this organization and every year, the board members will be elected by the registered members of this people�s organization.

We are ready to answer any questions. Please visit (y)our website and donate generously. Most of the core team members have donated $200 each, but there are no rules governing how much every one should donate. Please donate according to your wish and keep visiting the new forum for discussions about our activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImmigrationPortal.Org compliments immigrationportal.com. It is to give a face to all of us on the Internet. Its our organization and all of those behind ImmigrationPortal.Org are from this very forum as you see.

I believe the initiations by Kashmir and the support by 140_takes_4ever and others are major reasons making CIS notice our problems and pushing it to act towards reducing backlogs. There are many initiations in all the forums and we want to put them together at one place in an organized manner and hence the ImmigrationPortal.Org.

Its our organizations and I ask every member of this community to be a volunteer for ImmigrationPortal.Org and contribute in whatever way you can. If you can spare some time on drafting email, letters to congresspersons. and senators, join in a Core member of the Ocean group ( The Core member of Ocean group is expected to participate in each of the Ocean initiative and counted towards sending email/fax initiated as part of Ocean project). We have not yet formalized how we create the core Ocean group membership yet though, we will publish that info soon.

All the discussions about ImmigrationPortal.Org are disccussed in the ImmigrationPortal.Org forum at immigrationportal.com.

(The forum link http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=213 )

And not the least not only your time and wisdom in making ImmigrationPortal.Org a success, we need the money for many activities of ImmigrationPortal.Org, so please donate as much as you can.

sent my contribution....

I have sent my contribution by PayPal. I hope I will get a receipt.

sri

List of Contributions as of 4/13/2004

• wac-02-068
  • kashmir
  • rk4gc
  • sri3440
As I don't have an access to the fund right now,
please post here once you make a contribution
to encourage others.

Project Ocean Campaign #13a - Make your donation today !!

Here is dsatish's Fund Collection thread.

1) PayPal
Visit ImmigrationPortal.ORG web site and click PayPal icon.

2) Check
Sent your check to:
IMMIGRATIONPORTAL.ORG
Attn: Vijay B. Sharma
5225 N Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22205

• kashmir
  • rk4gc
  1. wac-02-068
  2. sri3440
to encourage others.

Kashmir - how much is enough? Just give me from-to numbers because I'd be feeling bad if I contribute too little and I'd also feel bad if I think that I'm giving too much, more than the others.

Originally posted by ruxrux
Kashmir - how much is enough? Just give me from-to numbers because I'd be feeling bad if I contribute too little and I'd also feel bad if I think that I'm giving too much, more than the others.
Hi, ruxrux,
It's totally up to you.

If you want some examples,
according to a couple of threads at VSC forum:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121175
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122531
most of people seem to donate $100 - $250.

Honestly speaking, I don't know how much each person has donated because I don't have any access to the fund.

Also, there are some discussions at the above threads in case you're interested.

1) PayPal

2) Check
Sent your check to:
IMMIGRATIONPORTAL.ORG
5225 N Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22205

• kashmir
  • rk4gc
  • 140_takes_4ever
  1. wac-02-068
  2. sri3440
  3. jeremy_polka
to encourage others.
Also, you may write the amount for others' reference.

1) PayPal

2) Check
Sent your check to:
IMMIGRATIONPORTAL.ORG
5225 N Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22205

• kashmir
  • rk4gc
  • 140_takes_4ever
  1. wac-02-068
  2. sri3440
  3. jeremy_polka
  4. wac098
to encourage others.
Also, you may write the amount for others' reference.

No More Campaign !!

1) PayPal

2) Check
Sent your check to:
IMMIGRATIONPORTAL.ORG
5225 N Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22205

• kashmir
  • rk4gc
  • 140_takes_4ever
  1. wac-02-068
  2. sri3440
  3. jeremy_polka