Maintain Green Card

jimmy1968

Registered Users (C)
Dears,

Could you please help?

mY WIFE,MY SON AND I have visited the States in November 2005 with an immigrant visa.

Port of Entry San Francisco 12 November 2005.
Green Card was emailed to me in my adress in San Francisco End of November...forwarded to me.

All the Family left the States the 24 November 2005.

Could you please advise when I should return to maintain residency ?I have been told maximum 24 May 2006.?

As I have a good job currently in a multinational company and trying to be relocated in USA,would it be possible to leave the states one more time if I go back in May for one week only?

Can I stay abroad another 5 months?

Hello,

You could face a thorough inspection at the border, because the officer may think you are not a permanent resident .

You could apply for a reentry permit : it would give you more time to finish some business where you are now, but it would protect your GC.

You have to be very careful with " trips to the US to maintain GC status " : now, officers pay closer attention to this matter.
You are supposed to be a Legal Permanent Resident ( LRR ), not a constant traveller/visitor !

Catseyes said:
Hello,

You could apply for a reentry permit : it would give you more time to finish some business where you are now, but it would protect your GC. AND you need to apply for Reentry Permit when you ARE IN US
]