Maine SESA Tracker

OCT PD filers. Please Update the thread

If not all, at least EB2/RIR filers, please update this thread about your case.
I did not hear anything from anybody about our case being processed or dumped into BEC.
I did read on this trail of thread that maine was processing OCT 27th RIR case back in last week of january. I am not sure, if they touched mine.

I think, i started getting nervous about whole halla-gulla of speeding up GC process.

This sppeding up of cases should have been a parallel process with that of regular/old style.

As far as i know - all cases are supposed to be sent to respective SESA until 3/27/05. The SESA office will then assign a PD and forward it to BRC (or NPC) - not sure. After 3/28/05 you can only file in PERM and you case should be mailed to NPC.

My LC was filed from Maine and I got PD = 12/31/2004. Does it mean that now I will not have any advantage of filing from Maine ? I was expecting my LC to be cleared by end of June but will it take long-long time ?
Anybody any ideas?

My papers were supposedly submitted around last week of Dec '04. My lawyer told that Maine office did not send any notice with case number etc. Till date I have no official document that my papers have been filed for Labor Petition. She mentioned that there has been no communication from the Maine office regarding my papers. Is there an alternate way to confirm that my papers were really submitted?

By when do you think will I come to know something definite i.e. if my papers were sent to BEC or not?

very true

ajayjt said:
My LC was filed from Maine and I got PD = 12/31/2004. Does it mean that now I will not have any advantage of filing from Maine ? I was expecting my LC to be cleared by end of June but will it take long-long time ?
Anybody any ideas?

I am, or should I say "was", in the exactly the same boat as you. I did whatever it took to file GC thru Maine before the year 2004 ends. I finally did at 12/31. Last I needed to know, all my efforts for making it happen before 01/01/05 now seem to be useless. All applications will be going to BEC. I thought I got away with it and will get it done by June 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maine SESA Labor Certification Information Read this

Hi Just receive this information from Main SESA......
This is 100% true and I have only this information from her email.

At this time, the State of Maine is in the processing of pulling out of the
Permanent Labor Certification process. We are currently accepting permanent
applications, however upon reciept we have been instructed to priority date
stamp them and hold them. We are waiting further instructions from the
Philadelphia backlog processing center as to when the files from January 1,
2005-March 28, 2005 should be shipped. I have already shipped the cases with
priorities dates of November 1, 2004-December 31, 2004 to the Philadelphia
backlog processing center.

If you have any other questions regarding any cases prior to January 1, 2005
you should contact the Philadelphia backlog processing center directly at
(484) 270-1500.

Thank you.
Migrant & Immigrant Services
Bureau of Labor Standards

Last edited by a moderator:
from whom did you get this email? Did you contact someone at the MAINE office? What email address did you contact?

Hi Rupa,
In the email it is mentioned that :
I have already shipped the cases with
priorities dates of November 1, 2005-December 31, 2005 to the Philadelphia
Is 2005 a typo, does he/she mean Nov 1, 2004 to Dec 31, 2004??? :confused:

Rupa_K said:
Hi Just receive this information from Main SESA......
This is 100% true and I have only this information from her email.

At this time, the State of Maine is in the processing of pulling out of the
Permanent Labor Certification process. We are currently accepting permanent
applications, however upon reciept we have been instructed to priority date
stamp them and hold them. We are waiting further instructions from the
Philadelphia backlog processing center as to when the files from January 1,
2005-March 28, 2005 should be shipped. I have already shipped the cases with

If you have any other questions regarding any cases prior to January 1, 2005
you should contact the Philadelphia backlog processing center directly at
(484) 270-1500.

Thank you.
Migrant & Immigrant Services
Bureau of Labor Standards

Maine SESA Labor Certification Information Read this

DSLstart said:
Hi Rupa,
In the email it is mentioned that :
I have already shipped the cases with
Is 2005 a typo, does he/she mean Nov 1, 2004 to Dec 31, 2004??? :confused:

Its a typo mistake. I found email from their Maine SESA website.

Rupa's Update and some hope

atleast for OCT filers.
I really don't know, if i have to smile for some hope on my case (OCT 29/2004) or feel sorry for those whose PD's are beyond OCT 31.

When does this mushrooming cloud disappear?

Did OCT cases finished processing?
Did they pushed those cases to Boston?
Is Boston going to handle cases beyond March?
Do i have any chances to stay legally in this country?
Should i start submitting my resumes on Monster-India website?

Quote:
"Go straight and get hit, start again, get hit again"
Conclusiion : Go illegal

Lets Poll

Guys,
Just for our knowledge can we have a poll conducted here wherein everyone can have a choice to select whether they'll be continuing with their BRC/BPC processing or will they be opting for PERM?
If polling is not possible, then lets just eveyone post a single line message about their intent. Atleast we'll have an idea of what the trend is.

thanks,
DS

Why Silent????

Hi Guys,
Any one got the 45 days notice from the BCS?. Then we can know that something is happening to our cases.

Wake Up

Hi Except our group, all other groups are active and exchanging the news related to 45 days letter and the other process from the backlog reduction centers. Please update if any one called the backlog center. What happend with our applications?? Is it like a fall of a stone in the well???? :confused:

Well. MAINE had already processed everything until middle or more of 2004. Other states have pending cases since 2001. So, I dont think BEC will even care about MAINE cases right now. They will probably add the cases into their system and you will receive your 45-day letter then. BEC is supposed to enter all the cases into their system by summer 2005. So, I would say expect to get 45 day letter sometime in the middle of summer 2005. But again - I dont think they will process MAINE cases until they clear the backlogs from 2001, 2002 and 2003.

The voice msg on MAINE SESA telephone system says that they have transferred all cases to BEC.

Maine SESA v/s New PERM

Haven't seen much activity in this group lately.

My labor was submitted to Maine SESA on 31st DEC 2004. The general impression I get is that all the labor petitions from Maine SESA have been moved to Philly BRC and it should take at least another 15 to 20 months before they even start processing my papers.

I am considering the following options:
Option 1:- Apply for a fresh Labor under PERM and let the current application continue in the BRC
Option 2:- Convert the current application (gone to BRC) into a PERM application. Is something like this possible?

Has anyone already done any of the above options? Would appreciate if you can provide your inputs on this matter

- Thanks

LCA from Maine

Any one having LCA filed from Maine with PD November 2004?
My PD is 11/20/2004 and I have not received the 45 days letter yet.
My employer or lawyer are unable to give me the status(Whether it has gone to BEC)
If any one has any info on this.Please share.

Thanks

Labor Oct 2001

Hi My LC is from Maine Dec 6th 2004 RIR,
Till today i don't have any information, my lawyer saying it went to BEC.
:)