Maine SESA Tracker

I also spoke to Ron @ Maine today.
He said, they are processing Sept 29th. He doesn't know how many cases he has on sept 29th.

Mine filed in first week of Oct. He said, it would take couple of weeks to reach Oct first week. Also said, in this time of the year, temporary cases would take more prority than permanent case.

Let's hope for the best.

Need some help

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I like to apply my Labor from Main and looking for a reliable employer. Currently I am on project with good billing rate. Can any one advice me whome do I contact/approach? If you come across a good employer please share with me.

Thanks for your advice

when was the last time someone got instructions to start their advertising. i filed under regular processing and am wondering if i have a chance before dec 31st

Give me a mail at uppalapatius@yahoo.com or reach me at 708-227-1027.
If you are interested to join with us. we will process your Labor through mine.
Give me a call we will discuss regarding this.

ok.

LKFGC said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I like to apply my Labor from Main and looking for a reliable employer. Currently I am on project with good billing rate. Can any one advice me whome do I contact/approach? If you come across a good employer please share with me.

Thanks for your advice

State Approved

Helo Everyone,

My state has been approved and forwarded to Boston DOL for Regional.

So see ya all in Boston DOL group.

All the best!

Congrats MaineGC ! Thanks for sharing your success. Others should also promptly post any new updates here...

MainGC said:
Helo Everyone,

My state has been approved and forwarded to Boston DOL for Regional.

So see ya all in Boston DOL group.

All the best!

Thank you everyone for your best wishes!

Here are the details:

Priority Date: Sept 29, 2004

Approved date : 12/01/2004

Employment : RIR /EB2

Congrats MainGC

Congrats my friend for the good news. Hope ours get approved too very soon and then follow you in the Boston DOL.

Mine priority date is 12th October 2004, RIR/EB2. I suppose shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks from now for the state approval.

Good Luck to everybody and lets try our luck little harder.

HowLongForLC.

Anyone Who Filed Non-rir, Please Reply !!!

1) Anyone who has filed a non-RIR case from Maine in the September/October time frame (and I am sure there are a lot of us on this thread), can you please reply and let me know how long it took the State dept. to contact your lawyer instructing them to start the advertising ?

2) Is the non-RIR case considered "open" as soon as the state department instructs you to advertise, or is it considered open once they recieve the responses from advertising? I am asking because with the DOL changes coming up on 01/01/2005, I want to know if I have any chance of getting the application "opened" by Maine state before that cutoff.

My Info:
Regular/Non-RIR - RD 11/02/04

Maine GC - RIR

Hi,
I am joining the group from today. My GC labor was filed in Maine on November 18th in RIR Case.
Saralayar.

Priority Date

Hi HowLongforGC,

I am joing the forum today after going through the archives. My priority date is Oct 15th RIR. Does EB2/EB3 matter in LC process ?

Filed on 3rd Dec

HI All,
my case was filed in maine on 12/03. If my case is not opened till end of the year, does it mean that my case is going to be transferred to NPC's ?

New Labor Process

krk321 said:
HI All,
my case was filed in maine on 12/03. If my case is not opened till end of the year, does it mean that my case is going to be transferred to NPC's ?

Someone please answer this question.. I am in exactly same situation. Mine was filed in non-RIR EB2 category. Thanks for your time

New labor rules

If the new labor rules are implemented..(which it looks like it is), your application will probably be sent to the BEC in atlanta, where it is going to land in the end of the queue. I dont think maine will catch upto dec 12th priority date by the end of this year. its holiday time, and the guys in the swa are already partying ..they dont give a shit anymore i guess.

read http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html for more.

I changed jobs and moved to another state purely because i felt i have a good shot at getting the GC thru maine as I have less than 2 yrs left. I am wondering if there is any way to sue DOL for this spin they did without supplying in advance any prior information to hundreds of thousands of labor applicants..

please write in your comments..

Why Maine moving ????

Will Maine too move to Atlanta BEC ? I don't see any reason for it to move to BEC. It is already functioning without much backlog. So whats the reason behind diverting all the cases to a backloged center...
As mentioned by GC_dreams some logal experts should really try to explore if we can sue DOL for taking this abrupt decision.

GC_Dreams18 said:
If the new labor rules are implemented..(which it looks like it is), your application will probably be sent to the BEC in atlanta, where it is going to land in the end of the queue. I dont think maine will catch upto dec 12th priority date by the end of this year. its holiday time, and the guys in the swa are already partying ..they dont give a shit anymore i guess.

read http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html for more.

I changed jobs and moved to another state purely because i felt i have a good shot at getting the GC thru maine as I have less than 2 yrs left. I am wondering if there is any way to sue DOL for this spin they did without supplying in advance any prior information to hundreds of thousands of labor applicants..

please write in your comments..

yes..thanks to the DOL govt employed idiots with an IQ of -20

It is going to happen.

All applications will be affected retroactively.
Small states will see employers and employees and taxes move out because no foreign worker in his right mind will work in iowa when he is getting a 30% higher paying job in california, and when there is no advantage of filing thru iowa over california now.. (im leaving the weather out ...how many asians dyou know who love snow??)

guys like me (priority date oct 27th/maine RIR) will be maximum affected. It is just fate. I left my california based company to join a company with headqtrs in maine for a lower pay on sept 20th 2004 (9 days before these idiots came out with the new law).. My previous application was an EB3 from california with a priority date of nov 2003.

The worst thing is that its going to happen retroactively. If you made your choice in the late 2003/2004 to file from a faster state, you can do nothing about it now. you will be affected.

It is going to slow down things in my opinion rather than speed it up. new employees will have a big learning curve ahead of them. different states had different rules and idiosyncracies. new employees will need to be trained.

current activity at the SESA has been slow for over 6 months because they knew they would be laid off and hence didnt give a shit about speed. and they are currently busy packaging the pending applications to ship them out to the new offices in atlanta and god knows where..

and we can do nothing about it. hopefuly the states who will have their business affected can do something...to prevent this. lets see!!

Really going to be a dream

Yes true. Why they are considering all states which are having less number of applications and almost current?. Many DOL guys will lose jobs due to it. They can fight for this. :mad: :confused:

that sucks

Also this means that those applications filed from 2003 till date won't move an inch for next three and half months i.e. March 31st as thats the deadline to ship them to the so called BPC.
Still I've one more doubt; once after reaching to the backlof processing center, will they still be processed statewise or they'll mix up all the applications as per their receipt date and start processing ?
Can anyone wildly predict how long it'll to take for BPC to start processing applications filed in November 2004?

GC_Dreams18 said:
It is going to happen.

All applications will be affected retroactively.
Small states will see employers and employees and taxes move out because no foreign worker in his right mind will work in iowa when he is getting a 30% higher paying job in california, and when there is no advantage of filing thru iowa over california now.. (im leaving the weather out ...how many asians dyou know who love snow??)

guys like me (priority date oct 27th/maine RIR) will be maximum affected. It is just fate. I left my california based company to join a company with headqtrs in maine for a lower pay on sept 20th 2004 (9 days before these idiots came out with the new law).. My previous application was an EB3 from california with a priority date of nov 2003.

The worst thing is that its going to happen retroactively. If you made your choice in the late 2003/2004 to file from a faster state, you can do nothing about it now. you will be affected.

It is going to slow down things in my opinion rather than speed it up. new employees will have a big learning curve ahead of them. different states had different rules and idiosyncracies. new employees will need to be trained.

current activity at the SESA has been slow for over 6 months because they knew they would be laid off and hence didnt give a shit about speed. and they are currently busy packaging the pending applications to ship them out to the new offices in atlanta and god knows where..

and we can do nothing about it. hopefuly the states who will have their business affected can do something...to prevent this. lets see!!