Maine SESA Tracker

MainGC said:
I had another question on the same lines - What happens if your case is cleared at the state level but unopened at Regional Level i.e Boston ?

I had called the lawyer for the exact same question. He said it's not totally clear yet. DOL will need to give more clarifications regarding that. These changes are really frustrating for all of us filing through Maine.

I filed my labor in RIR from Maine in Sept.
My employer told me that Maine does not send any receipt. I called Maine office and that officer asked my company name. He can not find out my company in his record. After that I called my lawyer and want to make sure they filed my labor or not. Laywer told me that she filed my labor.

Any idea, what may be possible?

MainGC said:
HELP4LC,

Here is the Maine Tel Number : 207-624-6487.

Between I have not received any receipt from Maine. So is it just me or anyone else also had the same experience?

Cheers

Ads for RIR in Maine

MainGC, Rahul and other folks who filed their RIR cases recently from Maine,
how long did you place your ads for? My attorney wanted me to place ads
for 4 consecutive weekends..so I would like to know if this is ok.
Please let me know how long you placed your ads for...

Thanks..

San24,

I think my attorney also placed ads for 4 consecutive weekends and after that you need to review the resumes receivwed and provide a feedback for it in your labor application.

Cheers,

MainGC,
Thanks for clarifying! I was wondering if 4 weeks of advertising would actually be
sufficient. Any way, my employer told me he did not get ANY responses for the ad.
Not sure if the DOL will believe this :) But I know for sure that there were
no responses.

Thanks...

New Regulations - gurus please respond

HI Guys, after 4 years in NY and 2 and a 1/2 years waiting for labor (plus one year appl process) I am succumbing to my job. Our unit is shutting down in Dec. I am on my 7th yr extn (11 months remaining). My lawyer is trying to transfer my H1 to a company in Maine. This company also agreed to file for my GC in about a week (Nov 15).

My question is if I file labor from Maine now are there any chances to go through the state labor process in Maine and get it approved in about 4-5 months or will it be transferred to the new BECs and rot there for a while.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx

longwait95 said:
HI Guys, after 4 years in NY and 2 and a 1/2 years waiting for labor (plus one year appl process) I am succumbing to my job. Our unit is shutting down in Dec. I am on my 7th yr extn (11 months remaining). My lawyer is trying to transfer my H1 to a company in Maine. This company also agreed to file for my GC in about a week (Nov 15).

My question is if I file labor from Maine now are there any chances to go through the state labor process in Maine and get it approved in about 4-5 months or will it be transferred to the new BECs and rot there for a while.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx
My company lawyer is advising everyone to file it in Maine by end of this year. In Maine, the cases are opened pretty quickly so yours will most likely be open by year end. And in that case there is high probability that it won't get stuck in the BEC. According to the DOL guidelines, an "open" case won't be going to the BECs but to one of the National Processing Centers in Atlanta and Chicago. It's not clear yet how they are going to prioritize the cases.

In your case, since you already have previous LC filed, your priority date must be pretty back. So even if it's transferred to one of the BECs, your's should be processed ahead of most. This is my understanding. Your lawyer surely knows better.

Question for you. Can you tarnsfer your H1 in your 7th year? Never heard of that.

Tracking a case in Maine SWA?

Rahul, MainGC and other folks who recently called the Maine SWA...can you
please let me know how you were able to get your individual case updates
given the fact that Maine SWA does not send a receipt or tracking number?
When we call the office, what do they ask for? THe company name or the applicant's last & first names to track the case? Please advise...

Thanks!

Tacking cases

Well I just ask them what date they are processing right now. And based on that you can know how long more would it take to open your case.
Can we call and ask them our status based on company name or last name ?

MainGC, thanks for your response. I guess providing the company name and/or
applicant's name is the only way an application's status can be checked with
Maine SWA. This is just my guess. Folks, if you have any other suggestions,
please share..

Thanks..

Tracking case

Hello folks,
I tried to track mine using company name and last name and they said, they can't locate my file. Mine was filed around Sept. 27th and I am concerned, does this mean it moved to DOL or is it wishful thinking on my side? My employer never got the receipt, though! :confused:

Question for you. Can you tarnsfer your H1 in your 7th year? Never heard of that.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right. There is a bleak chance of transferring in the 7th year. Its tricky. Since the labor is based on future employment and that the labor is pending > 365 days it seems that it can be transferred. I guess the assumption is that you will be joining the company which applied for GC once it is approved. This is something new to me also and just trying as a last option.

In the 7th year can I convert to H4 ?? Has anyone heard of cases as such?

Hi, I applied my labor at Maine through Non-RIR on 26th October,2004.
My lawyer received a letter from maine, that says they received my application on October 30th.

My lawyer informed to my employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processing Dates

Folks,
My lawyer says Maine SESA is still processing cases from Aug. Can that be true? Mine was filed on Sep 27th and I don't even have the receipt.

Same thing my laywer told me. I filed on in RIR Sept 1st and I did not get any receipt.

Did you get any receipt? your case is rir or non-rir?

thissux said:
Folks,
My lawyer says Maine SESA is still processing cases from Aug. Can that be true? Mine was filed on Sep 27th and I don't even have the receipt.

Hey Guyz

I am not sure about the Processing dates on the DOL website, because when I called Maine Labor Office - they said that, they were processing Sept 29th cases.
And if you check Immigration.com , it has Sept 17th as processing date for Maine ( last updated on Oct 15th )

No receipt and mine is RIR

rahul_singh said:
Same thing my laywer told me. I filed on in RIR Sept 1st and I did not get any receipt.

Did you get any receipt? your case is rir or non-rir?

puzzling at best!!

To summarize my concerns and that of some other's:
SESA processing times:
1. http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp says Aug 2004
2. immigration.com says Sep 17th
3. If you call the number posted in this forum and ask the sweet lady, she says Sep 29th
4. My lawyer says Jul/Aug 2004

I know that they don't have same reference point in time, but this is a large variance to explain normally.
Is there a superior being, who can explain this to mere mortals?

thissux said:
To summarize my concerns and that of some other's:
SESA processing times:
1. http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp says Aug 2004
2. immigration.com says Sep 17th
3. If you call the number posted in this forum and ask the sweet lady, she says Sep 29th
4. My lawyer says Jul/Aug 2004

I know that they don't have same reference point in time, but this is a large variance to explain normally.
Is there a superior being, who can explain this to mere mortals?

My case is non-RIR and RD is Sep 29th. SWA has sent the letter for recruitment procedures. This means the cases filed around that date are in process. And being on non-RIR, the recruitment process and the reply by my lawyer is going to take atleast a month. So maybe the sweet lady is telling about start of te case process, while the lawyer may be talking about approval dates.

NON RIR Recruitment

Hi,
This is for those who applied from Maine under NON- RIR .

In your experience :-

1) Within how many months of sending application to Maine , do you get a letter for Recruitment from Maine SESA ?

2) Within how many months of submitting Recruitment Results, does the case get forwarded to Boston DOL ?