Maine SESA Tracker

GC_Ph and others

Hi GC_Ph and others in NON RIR category,

For the benefit of all membes of this tracker ,please respond :

How long did it take to receive a letter for Recruitment after sending your labor application to Maine ?

help4lc said:
Hi,
This is for those who applied from Maine under NON- RIR .

In your experience :-

1) Within how many months of sending application to Maine , do you get a letter for Recruitment from Maine SESA ?

2) Within how many months of submitting Recruitment Results, does the case get forwarded to Boston DOL ?

Maine Labor

Hey Guyz,

I just checked Immigration.com and it says that Maine is processing Cases received on Sept 30th and even DOLETA also has Sept out there. So I guess whatever the "sweet lady" was saying is true.
ANd now with Thanksgiving & X'Mas coming up, these guyz would be already in the holiday mood.

Cheers

Labor Certification Update: Department of Labor’s FY 2005 Transition Guidance

Hi All,
Found this link on another tracker.

Department of Labor’s FY 2005 Transition Guidance

Labor Certification Update: Department of Labor’s FY 2005 Transition Guidance

Immigration News(http://www.usavisanow.com/11-10-04.html)

November 10, 2004

It is contradictory at some point ( or may be I didn't understand it properly ) .

It says " After January 1, 2005, cases at SWAs that are in the process of SWA review should be completed and then forwarded to Atlanta or Chicago. "
BUT it also says " SWA cases that are under review up until January 1, 2005, will be sent to the currently assigned DOL regional office "

What is your understanding ?

What are they saying ? Will cases that are opened at SWA before Jan 2005 be sent to Regional DOL or Atlanta / Chicago

Can someone decode this and explain it ? This is soooo confusing.

Lately itz been quite here. Is everyone in the holiday mood :)

Does anyone have any updates or any other information?

Cheers,

EB2 or EB3?? Please advise

Hi folks,
I have a question regarding the EB category I would fit in.
When my labor ads were the requirements included where a Bachelor's degree
with a minimum of 3yrs experience. My labor is still pending at Maine SWA.
I will get my Master's degree in about 1 or 2 months. But my attorney
is saying that I still can't file under EB2 category. Can one of you
please advise? I am worried that if this is true, then I'd have to file
under EB3 :( :(

Thanks!

letter for Recruitment / advertisement - NON RIR Maine

How long did it take to receive a letter for Recruitment / advertisement after sending NON RIR labor application to Maine ?

Rahul, Thissux and Others

Did you guyz hear anything from the Maine Office, as the Immigration Portal website says that they are processing cases recieved on Sept 30th.

No one in this tracker seems to be interested in active participation and sharing info !!
I posted this question 2 times but didn't get ANY response from this tracker.
Someone from Boston DOL tracker responded even thought this question is pertaining more to MAINE STATE.
Come on guys - we all need to share info more actively to help each other.

help4lc said:
How long did it take to receive a letter for Recruitment / advertisement after sending NON RIR labor application to Maine ?

san24 said:
Hi folks,
I have a question regarding the EB category I would fit in.
When my labor ads were the requirements included where a Bachelor's degree
with a minimum of 3yrs experience. My labor is still pending at Maine SWA.
I will get my Master's degree in about 1 or 2 months. But my attorney
is saying that I still can't file under EB2 category. Can one of you
please advise? I am worried that if this is true, then I'd have to file
under EB3 :( :(

Thanks!
From what I understand, you have to meet the requirements (Masters or Bachelors + 5yrs) at the time of filing for labor. So your completing of masters after that won't matter. You will have to file new labor (after getting your masters) to be eligible for EB2.

Same with me. I tried to call the 207 number given here and I was told that my company has never filed it. I tried to search using firstname/lastmane/company and also with firstname/lastname . Later on the contact person, Sara, also mentioned that she tried to seach the files and she could not find my name. Was anyone else able to get the status like that ? I talked to the employer and he mentioned that he has filed several applications like me.

Thanks,
Rahul

Rahul,

Can you please tell me the Tel# ? And can you give your details and find out the status of the case ?

Maine Status Update

Hey Guyz,

Today I talked to Ron in Maine Dept of labor and he said that they were processing cases received on Sept 28th.
These guyz have been sitting on Sept last week cases since a month. Now I am wondering if too many people have filed during that period or if those guyz are just taking it easy.

Anyways thought would update you with this info.

Happy ThanksGiving!

Adios

Rahul,
I had called about 10 days back and Sarah was able to track my case based on my employer name and my last name. This was about 2 weeks after I submitted my case. So I am surprised she could not track your case! Check with your employer to see if he has received any acknowledgement from the postal department/Fedex.

Maine_GC, thanks very much for checking the processing dates with the Maine SWA. I was only shocked to hear that they are processing Sept.28th cases!! I called 10 days back and they said Sept.30th!!!! I think those guys are taking it easy.

Thanks.

Maine SESA number

Hi,

I tried to call the number 207-624-6487 and it going to voice message of some person (male) and not sarah.

Do I have the correct number?. Appreciate the updated number if that is the case.

Thanks
Siva

Dormant

Guys...what's up....seems like lot of people suddenly became dormant. Maine SESA Group used to be very active few weeks back.
Is everyone on vacation? I know we are not able to get proper info from Maine...But keep posting messages and what's happening so that we keep our hopes alive.

Cheerup guys....

Advice

I am not sure if this is right place to post my qns.

I am currently employed in kansas state and my qns is suppose if i apply my state labor from kansas , can my company apply for the federal labor from boston? I do not wish to apply my fed labor from Chicago as the date is somewhere around dec'2003.

Note :My company has an office in maine.

Can someone please post your suggestion ?

Thanks

I agree. We really need to keep each other updated on Maine SESA through this forum. If you have any updates please post it here...

QUOTE=wantedgc2003]Guys...what's up....seems like lot of people suddenly became dormant. Maine SESA Group used to be very active few weeks back.
Is everyone on vacation? I know we are not able to get proper info from Maine...But keep posting messages and what's happening so that we keep our hopes alive.

Cheerup guys....[/QUOTE]

Hello Everyone,

I just talked to Ron with Maine Dept of labor and he said that they were processing cases received on Sept 30th. He did mention that there is a backlog with prevailing wages part of Labor Certification, as the concerned lady is on vacation.
I believe that things will be slow because of the holiday season around.

Cheers,