Maine SESA Tracker

Hello San24,

Oh yeah for sure we can share each others experience and any update Re: Maine LC.

Mine was filed in RIR in the 2nd week of October 2004. Spoke with the attorney then (end week of Oct), his opinion is around 3 months to get the LC which includes State and DOL certification. Hope its 3 months and not much longer. I think beyond 31st December 2004, i.e starting January the DOL LC part won't be taken care by Boston but will be handled centralized by BEC(Backlog Elimination Center). I really hope the case should not go to BEC because then it will be another delay as they will start processing according to the oldest priority dates.

Hope for the best.

HowLongForLC

Hello HLFLC (sorry for abbreviating your id!),
I read the recently published DOL memo quite thoroughly and unless I
thoroughly misunderstood it, this is what I understand. If (thatz a BIG if!)
the local SWAs finish certifying our cases before Dec.31,04, the case
must be transferred to the Regional Certifying Office (which I guess is Boston) as they did before. However, if the case has been "opened" but not finished until
Dec.31, SWA will finish the case and then transfer it to the National Processing
Center (in our case it should be Atlanta). I guess based on the processing
times at Maine, only one of these 2 scenarios will be applicable to us.
What is however, giving me the creeps is the possibility of our cases
being transferred to New York DOL instead of Boston DOL in the event that
the latter is closed! Anything is possible and I am only pretending to be
optimistic & bold :) So lets keep our fingers crossed and keep each other posted
of all developments. Please feel free to let me know if you have other thoughts
or if you disagree with my above mentioned scenarios.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thats correct San24, if SWAs finishes certifying our cases before Dec.31,04, the case will be transferred to the Regional Certifying office, otherwise its NPC. I suppose NPC will relatively take longer time as compared to the existing Boston office due to the fact of FIFO logic in NPC.Thanks for the update.

Like others I am too hoping for the best.

As for the receipt number issuance, according to the attorney the Maine office doesnot issue it, however the office do update the attorneys of any changes applied to our cases.

Well it seems the SWA are processing September cases, if you now of any October cases getting cleared, please do let me know.

Good Luck and be in touch.

Bye

Maine Labor

Hello Everyone,

Well my labor was also filed from Maine in Sepetember and am waiting to hear from these guyz. I haven't received any receipt for my labor and looks like, this is a common thing with maine office.

Cheers,
:)

Hi MainGC,
Thanks for sharing your info! If you filed in September, you should
have received your approval now. Do you know if they have slowed down?
I thought they were only a month behind. Why don't you call them and check your
case status? Just a friendly suggestion...

Thanks!

I also filed in Sept first week (RIR) from Maine. I did not hear anything. I
talked my lawyer and she said that it depends upon officer to officer about processing time and Maine does not send any receipt.

Even on http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp , it's showing August for Maine.

Any person who got approval filed in Sept?

MainGC said:
Hello Everyone,

Well my labor was also filed from Maine in Sepetember and am waiting to hear from these guyz. I haven't received any receipt for my labor and looks like, this is a common thing with maine office.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Thanks for updating and sharing the info friends. Silent watchers, would appreciate if you could please update this forum with your concern/info/approval-news.
Need to know how fast Maine is processing the LCs. Though the web site says Aug/Sep time frame, would be more helpful if we know of certain cases being approved and when can we expect the October ones to get processed.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

Rahul,

I called Maine Department of Labor today and they told me that - they were processing all the cases received on Sept 28th. I am just wondering - if thatz the case why haven't u still heard anything from them.

Cheers,

Receipt and Officer

My lawyer had told me that there is just one officer processing LCs in Maine office. If that's the case, time taken should not be different. My lawyer may not be updated though.

Regarding receipt, I did get a receipt from Maine within couple of weeks of filing. My lawyer sent it to me. I am pretty sure your lawyers should also be having one.

rahul_singh said:
I also filed in Sept first week (RIR) from Maine. I did not hear anything. I
talked my lawyer and she said that it depends upon officer to officer about processing time and Maine does not send any receipt.

Even on http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp , it's showing August for Maine.

Any person who got approval filed in Sept?

Hi MainGC,
Can you please give the number where you called to check current processing date for Maine SESA.

Thank you ,
Help4lc

MainGC said:
Rahul,

I called Maine Department of Labor today and they told me that - they were processing all the cases received on Sept 28th. I am just wondering - if thatz the case why haven't u still heard anything from them.

Cheers,

HELP4LC,

Here is the Maine Tel Number : 207-624-6487.

Between I have not received any receipt from Maine. So is it just me or anyone else also had the same experience?

Cheers

Hi MainGC,
Thanks very much for sharing the phone number. Just wanted to let you know that I did not receive a receipt from Maine either. desp2002 is the first person to let us know that he got a receipt from Maine.
The person calling the Maine SESA office the next time can perhaps, check with the officer if they do send out receipts.
MainGC, when was your application filed and under what category?

Also, my attorney placed an ad for my RIR case for 3yrs experience (minimum)+Bachelor's degree (required). Does this mean during the I140 stage, I cannot file under EB2 category, since I can show 5yrs of experience or my Master's degree (which I plan to get by Jan2005)? Can one of you please clarify?

Thanks,
san24

SAN24,

My application was filed on Sept 29th in RIR category. Actually I did talk to my attorney and according to him Maine office does not send a receipt always. So I don't know if I should be worried about that.......
Other day I saw a message from someone whoz labor was filed in July 2004 and still hasn't heard anything from Maine office. These kind of news really makes me think - If they go by the priority date.

And answering your question regarding EB2 - I think at the time of filing labor they have to mention if that particular position requires a masters degree or not. But if you go as per the current processing time, both EB2 and EB3 are same.

Between when was your Labor filed ?

Cheers

MainGC,
My case was filed exactly a month after your's. I agree with you
regarding case approval timings from the Maine office. It is quite haphazard over
there. Good luck to you!

--san24

Rahul,

Since yours was filed in first week of Sept, Have you heard anything from the Maine Office ?

It would be great if you can update us...

Thanks,

Also, does anyone of you know whether people at the Maine SWA can give information
about a particular case? Say if I want to call and ask them what happened
to my case by providing my employer name and my last name, will they
give me a case status like what Boston DOL does?

Thanks,
san24

Maine LC question

Hi,

I am planning to start my LC process from Maine in the next week.

The Transition Plan sent to SWA reads:

"Prior to January 1, 2005, SWAs are directed to continue accepting and processing labor certification cases. Cases still "open" on that date will be processed as normal until they are ready to be forwarded to the applicable NPC. Cases not open will go to one of the BECs or to foreign labor certification staff in New York, Boston, or San Francisco."

Does this mean if my application even if received before Jan 1st 2005 if not opened, it will be transferred to BEC or foreign Labor certification centers?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Maine_LCQuery said:
Hi,

I am planning to start my LC process from Maine in the next week.

The Transition Plan sent to SWA reads:

"Prior to January 1, 2005, SWAs are directed to continue accepting and processing labor certification cases. Cases still "open" on that date will be processed as normal until they are ready to be forwarded to the applicable NPC. Cases not open will go to one of the BECs or to foreign labor certification staff in New York, Boston, or San Francisco."

Does this mean if my application even if received before Jan 1st 2005 if not opened, it will be transferred to BEC or foreign Labor certification centers?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, even received before Jan 1st, 2005 and not opened will go to BEC.

I had another question on the same lines - What happens if your case is cleared at the state level but unopened at Regional Level i.e Boston ?

GC_DJ said:
Yes, even received before Jan 1st, 2005 and not opened will go to BEC.

According to my lawyer, Jan 1st 2005 is not a date set in stone. DOL is still working on updating guidelines and they are also in the process of hiring staff for the new BECs. I think things will get clearer after we get more updates from the DOL.