Maine SESA Tracker

Brc, Bec, Npc ?????

I am confused. What is going on?

If Maine cleared my case and forwarded to Boston, will not boston process my case? Offcourse the case was forwarded to boston after Dec 31st 2004.

So, there is no incentive for my case being crossed from Maine?
How will my case be treated in one of those processing centers?
mine is Eb2/RIR with 4 yrs of experience.

Thanks

maine->npc

if cleared from maine, it will be sent to the NPC. since you are cleared from maine, your case will probably go to the NPC at chicago. Thereafter only federal labor clearence will remain.

I assume that should take approximately the same amount of time it used to take in the Regional DOLs, if not earlier.

Your major part is done. state clearence is almost over..

Mine was filed approximately around oct end too... so im keeping my fingers crossed :)

take care,
S.

GC_Dreams

To keep the record straight, i have not said that mine state is cleared. I said i got a query and my employer filed a response to it. All other cases filed during my time got cleared. So, assumption was, mine too will be cleared.

In any case, if my case was forwarded to NPC, how can we come at approximate time it takes to clear?
Region DOL processing times are different for different DOL's.
Instead of NPC's, they should have processed at regional DOL's and washed their hands. I don't see any logic here in pushing the DUMPS around and then spraying some air freshners on it and then taking a look at it?

GC_Dreams18 said:
if cleared from maine, it will be sent to the NPC. since you are cleared from maine, your case will probably go to the NPC at chicago. Thereafter only federal labor clearence will remain.

I assume that should take approximately the same amount of time it used to take in the Regional DOLs, if not earlier.

Your major part is done. state clearence is almost over..

Mine was filed approximately around oct end too... so im keeping my fingers crossed :)

take care,
S.
Is your case RIR or Non-RIR? What is the priority Date?

longing_long said:
To keep the record straight, i have not said that mine state is cleared. I said i got a query and my employer filed a response to it. All other cases filed during my time got cleared. So, assumption was, mine too will be cleared.

In any case, if my case was forwarded to NPC, how can we come at approximate time it takes to clear?
Region DOL processing times are different for different DOL's.
Instead of NPC's, they should have processed at regional DOL's and washed their hands. I don't see any logic here in pushing the DUMPS around and then spraying some air freshners on it and then taking a look at it?

Thats why i said 'your state work is almost over.. atleast look at the positive side.. its jan 18th, and cases till oct end have been touched. the office has till mar 28th to work on the cases. In that case, it looks vprobable that the maine office is capable of finishing off all cases till december 04, in which case there wont be any backlog for the cases submitted till dec 04.. most of us fall under that category i believe.

mine was submitted in RIR around the same time..oct last week i should assume. the company / lawyer wont give / dont have the priority date.
lets see what happens.

GC_dreams

I hope and pray that good news is really a good news. But after reading some posts from ithis forum, i came to know that they pushed all cases between Dec 2003 to Nov 2004 to BEC's. Even i didnot understand why?
In any case, i feel, we are running into serious bad luck.

Why would Boston DOL

:rolleyes: Even I doubt if boston DOL would be shipping cases to NPC or whatever. Firstly Boston does not have a heavy backlog like Phili or other DOLs.
Secondly even the recent DOL website shows that currently its processing Oct 04 cases while last month it was Sept 04. That means they are still processing the cases....
Any suggestion / corrections ???

longing_long said:
I hope and pray that good news is really a good news. But after reading some posts from ithis forum, i came to know that they pushed all cases between Dec 2003 to Nov 2004 to BEC's. Even i didnot understand why?
In any case, i feel, we are running into serious bad luck.

Can anybody?

Can anybody explain the processing approcahes of NPC's and BRC's?
Which one is faster?

If i read the messages correctly NPC's have already swung into action. right?

Shocking news.. Rir And Regular applications will be in one FIFO queue in BRCs.

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!
Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.
Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

Second term speech of President BUSH

If he stressed on GC aspirers problems in his speech, America would have been in better shape, but instead stressed on democracy in oil rich countries. What a clueless president. I still wonder to this day, how did this guy got elected.

May God save America and this world.

EB3 - NonRIR cases

Hi,
Just now called the maine labor office and he told that he has stopped processing the EB3 and Non-RIR cases and is processing the EB2 and RIR cases with PR Oct 14th. All other cases are going to Backlog center.
:confused:

what if EB2 and Non RIR

Mine is EB2 category and Non RIR. Will that be going to BEC ?

saralayar said:
Hi,
Just now called the maine labor office and he told that he has stopped processing the EB3 and Non-RIR cases and is processing the EB2 and RIR cases with PR Oct 14th. All other cases are going to Backlog center.

Holly Molly

Does that mean, my employer/lawyer was lying on my case?
If you guys remember, i told that i got a query and employer submitted a response. My case is EB2 RIR PD OCT 29th.
If Maine is still processing OCT 14th RIR EB2 case, then how could my case get a query?

Does this also mean, that all cases beyong OCT 14th will go to BEC?

sincerely hoping for a blam on my labor pains.

saralayar said:
Hi,

strange!

Is'nt it contradictory with what was told to you last time?. I remember you saying that someone from Maine office told you that they'll be processing RIR cases recd till Dec 31 2004.
Also another thhing is that longing_long's case was filled on oct 29 and he was sent some query that means they were already on oct 29 a week ago???

whats going on here???

saralayar said:
Hi,

Last edited by a moderator:
DSLstart said:
Is'nt it contradictory with what was told to you last time?. I remember you saying that someone from Maine office told you that they'll be processing RIR cases recd till Dec 31 2004.
Also another thhing is that longing_long's case was filled on oct 29 and he was sent some query that means they were already on oct 29 a week ago???

whats going on here???
That guy in Maine is always giving different answers. Around the beginning of January he said that he is going to process only the RIR cases till Oct 31st.

2 weeks ago he said all OCT cases RIR and NON-RIR.

Last Friday he said that he HAS FINISHED RIR and is going to start OCT NON-RIR cases.

Today he told me he is going to finish only till OCT 14th NON-RIR and sending all the remaining on the '1st of March' to either BEC or NPC (he is not sure where).
--Naveen Oshos

may be he is pissed

Looks like that guy is pissed for the fact that he has to complete the work, which he was postponing with the hope that they will be transfered.
Now that he is on noose to complete within a fixed time and still will be laid off.
Ummmm. Very bad.
In any case, we hope that everyone is employed and getting paid.
Let us sincerely do our job and let that guy do his.
I think, we should stop making calls and help speedup our chances of getting GC.
In this contradictory phone responses, one thing is emerging to be consistent. That they are processing RIR cases. Atleast this is a relief for some.

noshs said:
That guy in Maine is always giving different answers. Around the beginning of January he said that he is going to process only the RIR cases till Oct 31st.

2 weeks ago he said all OCT cases RIR and NON-RIR.

Last Friday he said that he HAS FINISHED RIR and is going to start OCT NON-RIR cases.

Today he told me he is going to finish only till OCT 14th NON-RIR and sending all the remaining on the '1st of March' to either BEC or NPC (he is not sure where).
--Naveen Oshos

Will PERM have categories ?

Guys,
I've a question. Is perm going to have categories like EB2, EB3 while applying?
Also while converting from SESA to PERM can one change the category?

Thanks,

DSLstart said:
Guys,
I've a question. Is perm going to have categories like EB2, EB3 while applying?
Also while converting from SESA to PERM can one change the category?

Thanks,
I dont think Labor ever has any categories. The determination of EB2 or EB3 is made at 1-140 stage; but it depends on Labor.

is perm going to have categories like EB2, EB3 while applying ?

I think justdoit .. is right....

When my lawyer is applying my labour in maine i asked him whether it is a EB2 case or EB3 case.. then he said.. In labour there are only RIR or NON-RIR cases.. EB2 Or EB3 factor will come only when we are applying I-140 and 485.

Even in the PERM regulations no body specified regarding EB2 or EB3 ... .. As everybody know i am not a Prof.. Lawyer.. so please consider your attorney before u take any step...

Cheers....
Venu2000