Mails not being opened in the Delhi Consulate! Delay?

sonu kumar

Registered Users (C)
I called the U.S. Embassy in Delhi, 2 days ago. The person on the other end told me that they still haven\'t opened the mails due to the anthrax scare! I had mailed packet 3 the last week of october! Now it is Dec!
Can I stay on the phone and request someone there to input my entry while I am on the phone? Plz help me with this!!

Also does anyone know that the interview date is given depending upon when the mail was RECEIVED or when it was OPENED! I wanted to get a mid january date rather than late January!

Also, just as a note for anyone calling the U.S. Embassy in India -- When I called at the number 419-0106, it directed me to call 419-8062 b/n 10-12 pm IST if I wanted to know about a certain case. So, that is where I think ppl should call rather than 419-0106.

Thanx

Call them up and insist that u have proof that embassy recd. the P3 in October.

They will check "recd. P3" in their system so u can be scheduled for appt.
LOTS OF PEOPLE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT THIS WAY. ITS STANDARD. U ARE NOT NEW TO THIS.
Hurry and make sure u insist to get a Jan date as u\'r P3 reached in Oct.
If not u will get a Feb date.

No Title

Hi,
   Thanks. But can you tell me what proof I can tell them that the embassy recd my P3 in October.. cuz my lawyer sent the mail through Air Mail and his parallegal guy was claiming that there is not a way to track it.. (unlike the Fedex mails).
  And as I understand from your input, I could ask them to put my information into the system while I stay on the Phone? Will they do that?
  When I called them and gave them my case number and asked them if they recvd my packet 3, he said "NO". I said that I sent it in the last week of October. He knew my name through the case number, but he said he hasn\'t recvd it and then he added that so many mails have not been opened so i should call in 1 week! What does this mean?!
  Pls help! :(

Sonu.

It is a tough one if you dont have any tracking no. But if your P3 reached there for sure , just tell them you have the tracking no. and it was definitely delivered in Oct.

They basically take your word that P3 is received. And put a check on P3 received against your name on their system. This way they schedule u for Appt. That is all they do on phone.

They will put your P3 info on the system whenever they open your P3.

I CALLED UP DEC\'07 AND THE ANTHRAX SCARE IS STILL THERE

Hi guys I was going thru the transcript of ur msgs. Delhi Embassy is still scared of Anthrax. My packet P3 was received on Nov\'14 but the embassy did not open becoz of Anthrax. I was suggested by the Embassy to send someone to the Embassy with Photocopy of P3. When I sent the same I was told to expect the interview in Feb first week. So go ahead send someone to Embassy with ur P3 photocopies or FAX them the same.

No Title

Thanks guys, I think I will fax them and also call them and try to see if they can put my entry in computer while i stay on the phone!
What is their fax number?

No Title

Also sjain, what time did the person you sent, went to the embasy? Meaning b/n what time should the person go, and where should he go and should he wait till the put the entry into the computer?

This anthrax scare is getting too much out of hands, I think! Now i can\'t even call them till Monday!

Thanks in advance. :)

This is the Consulte timings - courtesy Sudhir

The hand delivery in Delhi can be done only between 2-4 PM
Sonu, pls keep us informed, cos i might have to opt for hand delivery in a week or two...but if P3 documents can be faxed, that\'ll be great ..Good Luck :)

No Title

I think this anthrax thing is issue for many embassies. I was told the same by Prague that they are not opening any mail from abroad. Moreover, at the end of November they were still waiting for instructions from the Department of State when to restart accepting their mail.
I was lucky that I knew this before mailing my Packet 3. At the same time I was scheduled to go to Prague, so I was able to hand deliver it to them.

my packet 3 reached delhi on 11/20.....FEDEX tracking info......

my father checked with them on 12/6 and it\'s still not in the system!!!

mail room fiasco i guess.
so i am faxing packet 3 to my father and he\'ll hand deliver it on 12/10 and have them enter the info. on the system the same day.

can i request them for an early feb. interview?

dudeap

Plz let us know how the hand delivery goes, cuz I might have to opt for the same thing. But before that, I will try to call them and try to ask them if they can enter it over the phone. I\'ll post my experience after that.

And by hand delivering it, your interview date will now depend on Dec 10 rather than 11/20? That is a whole month\'s difference..?!!

If you are going for the hand delivery, then I think you can request them for a early feb interview even with your 12/10 date...
hey no harm trying, right?!!! :)

No Title

Thanks guyz for all your input and help! I would update after talking to someone tonight.

Thanks a gazillion!

Interview Date depends on when they open mails

Hi,
   I called them yesterday and spoke to a Ms. Shiksha. She told me that my packet 3 was entered into the system today. And then she says that my interview date will depend on Dec 6 meaning I should get an interview in 2 months from dec 6 which will be in february! Then I said to her that I mailed my letter on oct 30th and she got it in Nov, I should get an interview date depending upon the recieval of mail. She said no that is not the case, they didn\'t open the mail till just recently and so things have been delayed for everyone. Then I requested for a january date and she said that all slots for january have been filled!!!!
   So, it looks like it is going to be a february interview..
   Does anyone / Sudhir advise me to stop here, or should I call again and speak to mr. swami and get an earlier interview date? Is it still possible? Any ideas.. plz help!

Thanks

Sonu

Did she enter packet 3 over the phone or it was entered before your call. Which number did you call?

sonu.......i have asked my parents to request for a late january interview when they hand deliver P3

but i have a feeling i\'ll get a feb. 10 interview. will post details tomorrow after i speak to my parents tonight. in any case a feb. interview is a blessing in disguise cos i\'ll definitely get my PCC by then.

Chuck

Chuck, she said that she had entered pkt3 that same day before I called. And I called 419-8062. It took me 1 and 1/2 hours to get through! And you have to call b/n 10 am to 12 pm IST.

Are you sailing on the same boat? grrr.. :(