Made an error in online I-130 petition & send an extra personal check for I-131 in AOS package

BelRed

Hi,

I am US citizen over 21 years and have filed for Green card for my Mom who is in US on B1/B2 visa.
My Mom is a widow who was married once to my biological father.
I filed I-130 petition for her online 2 weeks back (1st week of March 2023).

While filling I-130 online I made a mistake. I missed adding details of my father (in the prior spouse section).
USCIS has received my I-130 application and have send in Receipt Notice.

How do I correct the mistake in I-130 and add my father's details :
1. Do I call USCIS phone line and tell them to add them omitted details (It's difficult to connect to a live person on USCIS phone)
2. Write a letter explaining the mistake and upload the document online for USCIS to review.
3. Correct the omitted details some other way.

Also, I posted AOS package after receiving I-130 Receipt Notice.
In AOS package I have send I-485, I-864 and I-131 for Advance parole with required documents and fees.
I have send a personal check for I-485 and biometric fees (1140 + 85 = $1225) and a personal check for I-131 ($545).
I realized later that I-131 is free if applied together with I-485 in same AOS package.
The package was picked up from Lockbox yesterday but I have not received any notice.

Do I need to notify USCIS somehow about extra check I send?
Would they ignore the extra check or would they encash it?

Thanks
BelRed

Additional information :
When I filled I-485 for Regestiring Permanent Residence I did include details of my father (Mom's only spouse) and my father's death certificate.
So USCIS would have information of my Mom's prior spouse (when they start processing I-485) but should I correct it in I-130 also before they start processing I-130.

What would be best way to do it?

Also, I posted AOS package after receiving I-130 Receipt Notice.
In AOS package I have send I-485, I-864 and I-131 for Advance parole with required documents and fees.
I have send a personal check for I-485 and biometric fees (1140 + 85 = $1225) and a personal check for I-131 ($545).
I realized later that I-131 is free if applied together with I-485 in same AOS package.
The package was picked up from Lockbox yesterday but I have not received any notice.

Do I need to notify USCIS somehow about extra check I send?
Would they ignore the extra check or would they encash it?

Thanks
BelRed
USCIS will not ignore or cash the extra check. Your AOS package will be rejected and returned due to incorrect fee.

USCIS will not ignore or cash the extra check. Your AOS package will be rejected and returned due to incorrect fee.
Hi @Sm1smom, an update.

When I talked to USCIS customer service they said the check with correct amount that covers both the apps (I-485 & I-131) would be used and other check would be discarded.

Today I noticed my bank is processing the check with correct amount ($1225), which I had paper-clipped to I-485 form.
I don't see any activity on other check ($575) that I had clipped to I-131 form.

Hi @Sm1smom, an update.

When I talked to USCIS customer service they said the check with correct amount that covers both the apps (I-485 & I-131) would be used and other check would be discarded.

Today I noticed my bank is processing the check with correct amount ($1225), which I had paper-clipped to I-485 form.
I don't see any activity on other check ($575) that I had clipped to I-131 form.
Thanks for the update.

@Sm1smom, received Receipt Notice for both I-485 and I-131.
It's official now. For I-485 the fee is listed as ($1225) and for I-131 the fee is 0.
There is no activity on extra check ($575) I had attached to I-131 app. I presume it is destroyed.

Now with I-485 Receipt # I am going to apply for EAD online for my parent with 0 fees.