M-477 Document Ckecklist - Do I have to mail it along with N-400?

DreamyBunny45

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am getting ready to mail out my application on Monday. I was wondering if I have to print out a M-477 Document Checklist to mail it along with the N-400 Application? Thank you.

Do I have to send the 5 year Tax Transcripts along with N-400?

I am legally divorced. I was wondering if I should mail my 5 year transcript along with the N-400 Application?

YES? It would be nice if you also supported your answer with some explanation. I don't believe that being legally divorced has anything to do with sending transcripts for tax returns. According to N-400 documents checklist, transcripts are required only when you've stayed out of US more than 6 months in a year or if you are applying based on marriage with USC.

YES? It would be nice if you also supported your answer with some explanation. I don't believe that being legally divorced has anything to do with sending transcripts for tax returns. According to N-400 documents checklist, transcripts are required only when you've stayed out of US more than 6 months in a year or if you are applying based on marriage with USC.

Seadull, thank you for the useful answer. I am going to send the application out on Monday. Good luck to me!

I am legally divorced. I was wondering if I should mail my 5 year transcript along with the N-400 Application?

There's no requirement to send in 5 year tax transcript with application.
However, if you ever failed to pay taxes, need to prove residency ties or marital union then bring tax transcript to interview.