Lud: N-400

WACWSC

Registered Users (C)
Hey Friends. Few Questions:
a) Does LUD change on every action by Service Center like case transfer / transfer to national benefit center / Mailed Pink or yellow letter ( Interview checklist.
b) My case was pending with California Ser Cent for 14 months now recently they transferred to National Benefit Center, does it means I will get interview?

Thanks,

Hey Friends. Few Questions:
a) Does LUD change on every action by Service Center like case transfer / transfer to national benefit center / Mailed Pink or yellow letter ( Interview checklist.
b) My case was pending with California Ser Cent for 14 months now recently they transferred to National Benefit Center, does it means I will get interview?

Thanks,

a) No (at least, that was the case for me)

b) I wonder why it was pending for 14 months. Any way, NBC will pre-process it and send you an interview letter or fingerprint notice or ask for additional evidence whatever is the case (interview date depends upon which district office you belong to and its processing time).

b) I wonder why it was pending for 14 months. Any way, NBC will pre-process it and send you an interview letter or fingerprint notice or ask for additional evidence whatever is the case (interview date depends upon which district office you belong to and its processing time).
Before the centralization of applications at NBC, applications would remain at the service center until they were shipped to DO for interview. In OP's case, sounds like there was a pending name check that may have been cause of delay. A case transfer from service center to DO is a good indication that an interview is imminent. A case transfer from service center to NBC could mean that it is now awaiting interview spot at the DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, my file is at IO (Tampa Local office) desk but interview was descheduled twice because name check is pending. Somehow I do not believe the name check answer. I was among the first applicant who participated in the pilot program (the new two lockboxes) which makes me believe something went wrong with my application. I received two Notice of Action, the first was after 3 weeks with no information (priority, received date etc), and the second was more that two months from the date I filed.

I called they said they mailed out a letter on Monday 03/31/2009 and I should get it in a mail, i asked what is in that letter, they said they doesn't know. I will post what i get

I got the letter, there were 2 pages, One Duplicate NOA " Transfer Notice" from CSC to MSC and other letter says, that they are encl the NOA better, i may have lost in mail. BUT NO STATUS REPLY.

I applied for N-400 on 02/02/2008, FP. 03/01/2008, since then stuck in name check, recently after 13 months they transfer my case to National Benefit center, what does this mean??? Is I am getting interview letter, because my finger prints will expire on 05/01/2009