LPR kids with GC after parents get US citizenship?

kckfs

Registered Users (C)
I know that when us (the parents) take our oath we immediately hand in our green cards, get our Naturalization Certificates and have to apply for US passports to travel. However what about our kids who currently travel using non-US passports and their green cards. Do they also immediately require US passports i.e. are they automagically and immediately US citizens, or are they still non-US citizens until we apply via N600?

I was intending to apply for their citizenship via N-600 and then get them US passports. However reading the passport application it appears it is possible to get them US passports at the same time before applying for N600. So my question really is should I get them passports first then N600?

Advice/comments?

They become US citizens the moment one of the parents does. There is no compulsion with regards to getting a US passport. An N-600 will take time. So get them passports and then submit an N-600 if you so desire.

are they automagically and immediately US citizens, or are they still non-US citizens until we apply via N600?

I was intending to apply for their citizenship via N-600 and then get them US passports. However reading the passport application it appears it is possible to get them US passports at the same time before applying for N600. So my question really is should I get them passports first then N600?

Advice/comments?