Low amount in W2 form

saipodal

Overview of the Situation :

I arrived in UnitedStates in May 2002.Initailly for 4 months I was in bench and I didn't get pay during my bench period .I got project in Sept 2002 from then I'm continously in project with same client till date.I got complete paystubs and W2 forms from then.

I got married in Aug 2004.My Wife got query for H4 visa asking for explaination of employement history in 2002 as 2002 W2 form reflects less amount compared to 2003 W2 form.Provided the expalination as "unpaid of leave of absence" for bench period due to the health problems.Now the consulate is asking for Medical evidence.

Please help me out.At this point how do I convince the consulate without medical certificate.

Thankx for ur time & help

You are in the real world

US embassy or POE always beleive what you say. If they ask proof ,you have to produce. You can not escape.

try to get a medical certificate. ( do you think it is easy to get one in US)

great guru said:
US embassy or POE always beleive what you say. If they ask proof ,you have to produce. You can not escape.

try to get a medical certificate. ( do you think it is easy to get one in US)
What type of evidence do they need. Will a doctor certiificate be ok or a person has to be hospitalised for long illness. Can he also take plea that wife has been pregnant and needed complete attention at home rather than any medical services.

nidhuakash said:
What type of evidence do they need. Will a doctor certiificate be ok or a person has to be hospitalised for long illness. Can he also take plea that wife has been pregnant and needed complete attention at home rather than any medical services.

You told consulate , health problem. So you have to produce doctor certificate for the period absence, certifying you are unfit to work during the period.

Hi saipodal,
I knew of someone who had similar problem. She got it resolved by getting a letter form the employer.

now did the consulate guy asked to see all the W2s or volunteered the info?? which consulate did your wife go to?

saipodal said:
Overview of the Situation :

I arrived in UnitedStates in May 2002.Initailly for 4 months I was in bench and I didn't get pay during my bench period .I got project in Sept 2002 from then I'm continously in project with same client till date.I got complete paystubs and W2 forms from then.

I got married in Aug 2004.My Wife got query for H4 visa asking for explaination of employement history in 2002 as 2002 W2 form reflects less amount compared to 2003 W2 form.Provided the expalination as "unpaid of leave of absence" for bench period due to the health problems.Now the consulate is asking for Medical evidence.

Please help me out.At this point how do I convince the consulate without medical certificate.

Thankx for ur time & help

h4 very urgent help!-please help me!

h4 urgent help!-please help me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my wife is going to h4 stamping jan 2005 ..

I want to know chennai cosulate asking all the year W2 ..if they ask i can produce current 2004 but
i have cap in my w2 other then 2004(like 2003,2002)..

please let me know if you have answer...

please try to help me if you can.

h4 urgent help!-please help me! -very very urgent

h4 very urgent help!-please help me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

h4 urgent help!-please help me!

my wife is going to h4 stamping jan 2005 ..

I want to know chennai cosulate asking all the year W2 ..if they ask i can produce current 2004 but
i have cap in my w2 other then 2004(like 2003,2002)..

please let me know if you have answer...

please try to help me if you can.

In the Same Boat

Dear Guys,

I am also in the same boat. My wife is attending for H4 visa interview (Chennai consulate) next month. 2003 W2 amount of mine is less than than the mandated in LCA, but 2004 W2 amount is okay.
Friends, who got stamped H4 recently, can share their experience, whether it is better to submit both W2s or the latest one is sufficient.

Thanks in Advance,
LavaRami

urgent

Could u please help me to over come the situation on h4 visa query on low income in w2 form.

This is my husband details

My husband entered into USA country on 22 jan 2003 and he got ssn around mid of February 2003 then he was started looking for a job. So he was in bench from Jan 2003 to March 2003(no salary)
and I was in job from Apr 2003.

He is having W2 for 2003 and it was 28K but it was less than LCA.(In LCA sal was mentioned that 46k). I did not crossed the country in 2003 year.

He has 2004 year w2-form which was good ( salary earned greater than LCA)

He came to India on January 2005 and I got married i came back to USA on Feb. He has latest 2005 year pay stubs till date.

Please suggest me with your past experience with Chennai consulate.

Please share your experience or advice me to proceed further

Last edited by a moderator: