• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Lottery Winner with overstaying in the past.

Pardon my lack of knowledge but according to what I have read on the official requirements (and I may be mistaken) but isn't selection based on country of birth? If it's country of birth then I believe that is the country of chargeability (however the hell its spelt lol) and based on that if someone overstayed on their original country of chargeability then they'd be disqualified.

As I said I'm not sure but what I've stated above is from what I remember vaguely so don't quote me on it.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania - SUCCESS!!!
Visa Pick up - August 14th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013 - booked already on Emirates!
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Pardon my lack of knowledge but according to what I have read on the official requirements (and I may be mistaken) but isn't selection based on country of birth? If it's country of birth then I believe that is the country of chargeability (however the hell its spelt lol) and based on that if someone overstayed on their original country of chargeability then they'd be disqualified.

As I said I'm not sure but what I've stated above is from what I remember vaguely so don't quote me on it.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania - SUCCESS!!!
Visa Pick up - August 14th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013 - booked already on Emirates!
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Sorry Momo, I don't understand what you are saying - can you give an example/rephrase?

I just hope you haven't followed your own advice...

dear britsimon...pls no need to be withering!!
I prefer when people like the one from burundi(thanks you my dear for having me cleared!) said what thy had lives than when people like you are arguing as though we don't know how to read!
anyway... this man from france his in the cut off of september,let waits and see!

dear britsimon...pls no need to be withering!!
I prefer when people like the one from burundi(thanks you my dear for having me cleared!) said what thy had lives than when people like you are arguing as though we don't know how to read!
anyway... this man from france his in the cut off of september,let waits and see!

Whilst I pointed out clearly that you were wrong (as you were), I was not argumentative nor rude as you have been to me. You've been a forum member for 5 minutes and already you are insulting well intentioned people who put a lot of effort in to trying to help people out. Nice attitude buddy. Good luck to you.

Camerboy,

You are being rude and are way out of line. I didn't and still don't see anything rude or argumentative in britsimon's responses to you. You need to can that attitude please!

Hello Guys

Just cool down. We are all in this forum for the same reason: learning from experiences of others.

Camerboy told a story about a friend who was in the same situation than cobert in 2010. Why this guy did not get the visa ???? (i don't know, and probably nobody here in this forum will know). However I do think this story was worth to be told. At least we know it has happened before. Cobert will be the one to evaluate the risk and to continue (or not) the process.
Not agreed with what others are posting is normal (obviously some of us have more experience than others). However the way to show the disargument has to be done in total respect of each other (we all are coming from different culture and we all have different personality)

After getting (or not) the GC, most of us will forget about this forum and pursue other interest. For now, let's try to work together in order to ease the process of getting what we all wish for.

Thanks all of you for your contributions and let's hope we can continue to help others out.

Anecdotal evidence is great, but when it contradicts the official position of the Department of State it has to be called into question. The advice he gave was wrong according to official guidelines, and that had to be pointed out.

Anecdotal evidence is great, but when it contradicts the official position of the Department of State it has to be called into question. The advice he gave was wrong according to official guidelines, and that had to be pointed out.

Precisely. Bad, incorrect information, if left unchallenged, weakens the value of the forum.

My responses were totally respectful and even encouraging, so I don't think I deserved the rude response he gave. But then he is CamerBOY not CamerMAN.... so that might explain it. :p

By the way - I am TOTALLY cool. :cool: