Lost I 94

chicagonatur

Registered Users (C)
I am not sure if this belongs here but since we started with a K1 figured this would be ok.

My fiancee came into the US yesterday on a approved K1 fiancee visa. Unfortunately, her bag with her foreign passport and I94 was stolen at the airport. While we can work through getting a new passport (we got a police report filed), she does not have a copy of the I94.

What gets tricky is we are getting married in the next couple of weeks. I know that we have to file for her adjustment of status within 90 days of her entry to maintain her status. But the processing time to get a new I94 is 2.5 months. If we wait for the I94 to come in before filing the I485, she could be out of status.

Does it make sense for us to file the I485 right after we get married without the I94 and with a detailed letter explaining why we don't have the I94 (we got the I94 number from US Customs) and a copy of the police report? Will that suffice?

Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks!! I'll probably file the I-102 to replace the lost I-194 and include a copy of the NOA for that with the AOS package.