lost EAD

kumar_EAD

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

i lost my wallet and with it my EAD card while visiting india. my current card has still 4months to expire.

is it better to apply for replacement or renewal? i believe the replacement also takes the same amount of time.

i have my AP document safe with me. i hope it is ok for me return to US without any problems.

will my current employer create any problems with the lost EAD card.

please reply

thanks,
kumar.

kumar_EAD said:
hi guys,

i lost my wallet and with it my EAD card while visiting india. my current card has still 4months to expire.

is it better to apply for replacement or renewal?
--- better apply the renewal
i believe the replacement also takes the same amount of time.

i have my AP document safe with me. i hope it is ok for me return to US without any problems.
---- that is OK
will my current employer create any problems with the lost EAD card.
----- if it was valid and you have copy then it is not a problem
please reply

thanks,
kumar.

hi ginnu,

thanks for your reply.

right now i have two applications at BCIS one for my lost EAD card and one for my renewal which is due in November '04.

Just wondering; what if I do not get renewal card within 90days?
if I go to boston office will they ask me to produce the originally issued EAD card to give me a new interim EAD?

thanks,

best regards.

kumar_EAD said:
hi ginnu,

thanks for your reply.

right now i have two applications at BCIS one for my lost EAD card and one for my renewal which is due in November '04.

Just wondering; what if I do not get renewal card within 90days?
if I go to boston office will they ask me to produce the originally issued EAD card to give me a new interim EAD?
--No they will ask for EAD filing reciept and it should hit 90 days and your EAD should not have any RFE , check online status before you go or take print out on 91 day
thanks,

best regards.