Lost AP a week before travelling !!!

Vish1348

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I lost all 3 original copies of my AP.My Tickets are booked for Dec 6th !!!
What do i do now ? Can i apply for a copy if so how do i do it ? Can i apply n leave and get back using those since technically my AP was already approved ?

Can i go to a local CIS office, the last time iwent there for my Fp they said they got nothing to do with AP

Let me know what to do, This sucks !!
Vish

Vish1348 said:
Guys,
I lost all 3 original copies of my AP.My Tickets are booked for Dec 6th !!!
What do i do now ?
--- you need AP to be filed when you are IN US and AP approved IN US before you depart. I think you need to apply again and get the approved AP in hand before you depart US if you want to enter on AP, if you have Valid Visa stamp in passport you may enter with Visa stamp(I dont know iof you are still on H4 or H1 or used EAD)

Can i apply for a copy if so how do i do it ?
----- talk to your lawyer I think you have to apply again as AP is lost by YOU not by USCIS or US postal department
Can i apply n leave and get back using those since technically my AP was already approved ?

Can i go to a local CIS office, the last time iwent there for my Fp they said they got nothing to do with AP
---- best option talk to your lawyer or search for lost AP
Let me know what to do, This sucks !!
Vish

Thanks Ginnu,
I cant belive i just threw it out in the recycle !! One more Q since its already approved is there a way just to get a replacement copy ?
Also i have one color copy of it, can i use that or would they know / ask for original ?

Vish1348 said:
Thanks Ginnu,
I cant belive i just threw it out in the recycle !! One more Q since its already approved is there a way just to get a replacement copy ?

---go to your lawyer he may try to get the replacement copy(chances are very less as it is your fault )
Also i have one color copy of it, can i use that or would they know / ask for original ?
------ you need Orignal AP and it is IMP document for entry to USA

Got Emergency AP from Chicago Local Office

Ginnu,
I got emergency AP from the chicago local office. Thanks for your answers man...