Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

ocworker said:
did you request name changed?
if not, you can go ahead to do the passport in the oath cereomny. i requested to have my name changed, so i will apply my SSN and DL first before passport
If you apply at the ceremony you won't have a chance to make a copy of your certificate. It is safer to apply after making a copy for yourself. If you still decide to do at the ceremony, at least write down the number of your certificate.
Good luck!

Anahit said:
If you apply at the ceremony you won't have a chance to make a copy of your certificate. It is safer to apply after making a copy for yourself. If you still decide to do at the ceremony, at least write down the number of your certificate.
Good luck!

thanks. good tip.

i plan to apply the passport after i got a new SSN and new DL because of the name change

Anybody out there who filed in April? SOme Questions on Message changing.

ANybody out there whom filed in April 2005 and have received interviews for the LA District Office. Can you please post your details. My details are in my signature.

Also, when the message changes in the online , what does it say? What kind of message one sees? Can you please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help in advance.

ocworker said:
thanks. good tip.

i plan to apply the passport after i got a new SSN and new DL because of the name change
You're welcome!
SSN and DL have nothing to do with your passport. You will have your new name on the certificate. And, that's all it matters. Why wait?

Anahit said:
You're welcome!
SSN and DL have nothing to do with your passport. You will have your new name on the certificate. And, that's all it matters. Why wait?

i know it has nothing to do to my passport. since i need to send the cert out for my passport, and won't get back till 5-10 days (if i go with the express service). I just want to get my SSN and DL done first. then I can use my DL and SSN to change my cc / banks / payroll acct names while my passport is being processed. :)

parekh said:
My PD was approx Feb 14 and I got the oath letter for the Jul 23 ceremony at Pomona.

Parekh super cool, I applied 1/6/05 and also made it into the 7/22 ceremony. However, going to Pomona from the Valley and be there by 8:00 a.m. should be interesting.

Thanks to everyone for all the info shared. Your posts were very helpful.

Regards to all.

Mushka said:
Parekh super cool, I applied 1/6/05 and also made it into the 7/22 ceremony. However, going to Pomona from the Valley and be there by 8:00 a.m. should be interesting.

Thanks to everyone for all the info shared. Your posts were very helpful.

Regards to all.

may be you could stay in the motel6 or super 8 around oath ceremony area. at least, save time in driving during traffic in the morning. :)

hello all :)

Anyone had Interview in Los Angeles, Could you please share with us if the questions were multiple-choice questions?

fchan100

My journey of N-400 starts today:

My Time Line
District Office - Los Angeles (or Santa Ana? - I work in OC)
Service Center - CSC

N-400 Mailed - 08/03/2005
N-400 received -
Check cashed -
Priority Date -
Notice Date -
Finger Print Notice Date -
Finger Print Date -
Interview Date - :confused:
Oath Date - :)

Will keep you all posted.

-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome

hello fchan100,
Welcome to the family, just set back and relax.... everything will be ok, and fast, i wish to you and everyone looking for good live ...

Processing times moved backward?

I will be ready to submit my N-400 in Dec 2005. I live in arcadia, so my DO will be Los Angeles. I was tracking the timelines in the USCIS website for quite sometime and suddenly, it seems like they have back-dated their processing time? It used to be 6 months, but as of July 19th, it is 15 months (march 2004)!! Is this really true, I see some applications submitted after March 2004 are moving. What does this timeline mean? Am I interpreting it wrong or something? Should I assume that when I submit my application in Dec 2005, I would have to wait 15 months or more to get my certification? I have to plan a lot in my life based on this certification, so any insight will help.

Thanks!

Message Changed

My message both online and tel sytem has changed as following
Case Status - The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

I am hoping to see my interview letter in the next few days ( as was the case with most of the people on this forum).
I have few questions.
1) what is the time lag between interview letter and actual date of interview?
2) assuming the officer recommends for approval at the time interview ( assuming back ground check etc etc) is complete, what is the time lag between interview and oath.
I am hoping if I am done with interview by 2 nd week of Sep, do you see any probability of me making it to the 10/23/2005 oath ceremony in Fairplex, Pomona? Can anybody post the link to Naturalization ceremony schedule for the LA office area?

Any pointers for the interview are really appreciated. I have already collected IRS trancripts for the last 3 yrs, DMV records for last 10(? or is it 5) years from CA DMV, and waiting on a letter from SSA. I mailed letter to SSA one week back. Anything else I need to worry about. I have already kept copies of I-20s, H-1s, old passports etc. Any thing more I need to look for? Please let me know. Thanks to all of you in advance. Bye and regards - Simi Dude

simidude said:
My message both online and tel sytem has changed as following
Case Status - The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

I am hoping to see my interview letter in the next few days ( as was the case with most of the people on this forum).
I have few questions.
1) what is the time lag between interview letter and actual date of interview?
2) assuming the officer recommends for approval at the time interview ( assuming back ground check etc etc) is complete, what is the time lag between interview and oath.
I am hoping if I am done with interview by 2 nd week of Sep, do you see any probability of me making it to the 10/23/2005 oath ceremony in Fairplex, Pomona? Can anybody post the link to Naturalization ceremony schedule for the LA office area?

Any pointers for the interview are really appreciated. I have already collected IRS trancripts for the last 3 yrs, DMV records for last 10(? or is it 5) years from CA DMV, and waiting on a letter from SSA. I mailed letter to SSA one week back. Anything else I need to worry about. I have already kept copies of I-20s, H-1s, old passports etc. Any thing more I need to look for? Please let me know. Thanks to all of you in advance. Bye and regards - Simi Dude

sound like a good indication you are getting the letter soon.

the time between the letter received till the actual interview day should be around 1-2 months. it really depends thou.

good luck :)

My journey of N-400 updated:

My Time Line
Service Center - CSC

N-400 received - 08/04/2005
Check cashed -
Priority Date -
Notice Date -
Finger Print Date -

Mr LA said:
Anyone had Interview in Los Angeles, Could you please share with us if the questions were multiple-choice questions?

not sure if it really makes a big different if hte questions are going to be asked as multiple-choice, orally answer, or read the questions and answer by you.

:confused:

unless someone worries about he/she can't speak the questions well? or afarid to say it loud for the last of the CA Governor? :D

fchan100 said:
My journey of N-400 updated:

My Time Line
Service Center - CSC

N-400 received - 08/04/2005
Check cashed -
Priority Date -
Notice Date -
Finger Print Date -

enter your zip code in uscis.gov website and you will know you shall belong to LA DO or Santa Ana Sub office. working in OC does not really an issue. you could work in NY but your DO is based on your home address.

where to input my zip code

Hi ocworker -

Where in the uscis.gov page I can enter the zip code to get to which district office I belong?

Thanks,
-fchan100-

Thanks OCWorker and Anahit - Interview Letter Received

Please see my post of this afternoon. In my last post, I requested for the web link of Oath Cermony dates. Thanks to Anahit for the information.

I went home and there was the Interview Letter in the mailbox. Really a nice surprise. Interview is on Sep 09, 2005 at 09.30 AM for my spouse and 10.00 AM for me at Elmonte, CA

Thanks for all of you.

ocworker said:
sound like a good indication you are getting the letter soon.

the time between the letter received till the actual interview day should be around 1-2 months. it really depends thou.

good luck :)

My Timeline

Los Angeles

PD: 06/10/2005
FP notice: 07/16/2005
FP appointment:08/10/2005
FP done : 07/26/2005
Online status disappeared: 09/02/2005
Interview letter in the mail:09/03/2005
Interview appointment : 10/24/2005 (EL Monte)
Oath : ???

Last edited by a moderator: