Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

nl0922 said:
This question is for Anahit regarding the same day passport application.
Whould the passport applicants wait for their passports at the passport agency regional office when they apply for same day passport? Seems to me there is no need for the two way express mail service if I have to wait in the office. Can I save $30 express mail fee if I need passport the same day and also be able to provide air tickets as proof? Thanks in advance for any help.

priority date: 12/13
finger print:1/18
interview: 4/18
oath: 6/23 8:00 am

i believe if you have a travel need within next 14 days, you can get the passport within the same day from the regional office.

Fingerprint early

I finally received my fingerprint letter. It's scheduled for 06/27/05 at USCIS wilshire application support center.
Does anybody know if i can go to the fingerprint location before 06/27?
I'm planning to go to the fingerprint location this wednesday (06/08).

OCWorker, thanks for the information. I am going to make an appointment with the regional passport office today for the day I attend the oath ceremony so that I could go oversease during the weekend.

priority date: 12/13
finger print:1/18
interview: 4/18
oath: 6/23 8:00 am @ Los Angeles Convention Center

Fingerprint Done.

I did my fingerprint today at LA Wilshire support office.
It's 19 days before scheduled date (06/27/05).
It's very easy and i only wait for 30 minutes.
So , for all of you that are wondering whether you can do your fingerprint early, the answer is yes. :)

Oath Letter Received Today!!! Yeepee Yo Yeepee Yey!!

Hey guys,
Got my oath letter today in the mail. The oath will be for June 23d, 1:00pm.
Wish good luck to all of you, who are looking forward to closing their chapter with the INS (or whatever they're calling themselves these days!) once and for all. As for me, not quite done yet! I still have to figure out that K1/K3 business to bring my future wife from overseas..
For nl0922 and those of you who are scheduled for the same ceremony at LACC, check this link for directions and parking tips http://www.lacclink.com/general_directions_north.htm

Good evening..
Abdul

My time line:
PD 1/3/05
FP (missed) 1/31/05
2nd FP for 3/9/05
Interview 5/20/05
Oath 6/23/05 @ 1:00 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
abdullah1 said:
Hey guys,
Got my oath letter today in the mail. The oath will be for June 23d, 1:00pm.
Wish good luck to all of you, who are looking forward to closing their chapter with the INS (or whatever they're calling themselves these days!) once and for all. As for me, not quite done yet! I still have to figure out that K1/K3 business to bring my future wife from overseas..
For nl0922 and those of you who are scheduled for the same ceremony at LACC, check this link for directions and parking tips http://www.lacclink.com/general_directions_north.htm

Good evening..
Abdul

My time line:
PD 1/3/05
FP (missed) 1/31/05
2nd FP for 3/9/05
Interview 5/20/05
Oath 6/23/05 @ 1:00 pm.

hi, good luck and congrat. I am interested into the k1/k3 visa after I get my citizenship (who knows when.. hee hee). Pls keep us info of the k1/k3 visa on your side going.

LA District Office Timeline increased from 6 months to 12 months???

From theccheck of the followingweb site, Los Angeles district office used to take only 5 to 6 months all these time for N400 but for last two months I am noticing that it is taking 12-14 months for N-400 processing?
I am confused how that would happen? Is this true? If it is, I am planning to to relocate to OC, since Santa Ana District Office processes N400 in 5-6 months...

satlampa said:
From theccheck of the followingweb site, Los Angeles district office used to take only 5 to 6 months all these time for N400 but for last two months I am noticing that it is taking 12-14 months for N-400 processing?
I am confused how that would happen? Is this true? If it is, I am planning to to relocate to OC, since Santa Ana District Office processes N400 in 5-6 months...

what if next time they update LA DO's processing time to take only 4 months and OC takes 15 months? move back to LA?

Actually, up to previous time update, OC's processing time was Feb 5th 2005, and this month it shows Dec 31st, 2004. What does it mean? (

It means you really can't count on the timeline from the online website. It could go back few months, and it could go forward few months. and my PD is even after the online timeline, and I already got the interview notice. it is just "luck".

don't let the citizenship application process drive your life.

If you even want to move to OC because of the getting faster processing time, you might want to move to San bernadion county. they are processing for Feb 10, 2005 application now.

El Monte interview experience and timeline

I had my interview today. Here are the questions and the process
(1)How many years have you been in the US?
(2)Which univ did you attend?
(3)What is your selective service number(don't have one, explained why)
(4)Have you been arrested?(2 speeding tickets but he didn't care and didn't want the details)
(5)Are you a member of any organizations?
(6)Are you ready to take the pledge of allegiance?

Read and answer 10 questions from the set of 100
Write a sentence["Today is a sunny day" - sure as heck was :) ]

Approx timeline
Application PD: Feb 16
Fingerprinting: Mar 10
Interview: June 22

parekh said:
El Monte interview experience and timeline

I had my interview today. Here are the questions and the process
(1)How many years have you been in the US?
(2)Which univ did you attend?
(3)What is your selective service number(don't have one, explained why)
(4)Have you been arrested?(2 speeding tickets but he didn't care and didn't want the details)
(5)Are you a member of any organizations?
(6)Are you ready to take the pledge of allegiance?

Read and answer 10 questions from the set of 100
Write a sentence["Today is a sunny day" - sure as heck was :) ]

Approx timeline
Application PD: Feb 16
Fingerprinting: Mar 10
Interview: June 22

congrat! ... did you know your name check was cleared prior your interview? did the interview officer tell you how long you would expect for the oath?

your timeline is very fast. (i think mine is about the same since my PD is about a month after yours, and my interview is going to be on July 19)

parekh said:
He said 2-3 months. Isn't name check always cleared prior to the interview?

not always. but again, in your case, seem your name check is cleared already.

you can see lot of ppl are waiting even after the the interview because of the name check pending

ocworker said:
not always. but again, in your case, seem your name check is cleared already.

you can see lot of ppl are waiting even after the the interview because of the name check pending
I guess. Touchwood, after a bad experience for getting my OPT all subsequent interactions with USCIS have been smooth and speedy. Same day EAD(San Jose), GC in 10 months, removal of conditions in less than 1 month, N-400 interview in a little over 4 mos.

Even though he said 2-3 months I'm hoping that I can attend next months's ceremony :) Hopefully I'm not pushing my luck :)

Processing of LA Vs Santa Ana and Relocation

To be frank, citizenship and its fastest approval is the most important priority
currently for me, because that would allow me to unite with the family at the earliest, since I am a GC holder,I cannot bring the family to US until citizenship is approved.

I just moved in to Los Angeles county from East Coast last May 2005 and currently staying in Duarte area only as a paying guest and work in Pasadena.
Hence relocating to Orange County or San Bernardino should not be an issue. However, commute times during office hours here concerns me... Also what happens if the Santa Ana/San Bernardino takes 1 year for N400 processing after I relocated there should be taken into consideration. Also, I think if needed getting a job position in Orange County (compared to San Bernardino) should not be an issue.

However, I am eligible to apply for N400 only in Feb 2006. So, If I had to relocate (due to LA district office takes more than 1 year to process N400 as against less than 6 months of Santa Ana /San Bernardino as indicated by this web site-https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeprocesstimes.jsp), should I move before Nov 2005 - because of the three month stay requirement before I can apply...

Experts please suggest!

kumsakthi said:
To be frank, citizenship and its fastest approval is the most important priority
currently for me, because that would allow me to unite with the family at the earliest, since I am a GC holder,I cannot bring the family to US until citizenship is approved.

I just moved in to Los Angeles county from East Coast last May 2005 and currently staying in Duarte area only as a paying guest and work in Pasadena.
Hence relocating to Orange County or San Bernardino should not be an issue. However, commute times during office hours here concerns me... Also what happens if the Santa Ana/San Bernardino takes 1 year for N400 processing after I relocated there should be taken into consideration. Also, I think if needed getting a job position in Orange County (compared to San Bernardino) should not be an issue.

However, I am eligible to apply for N400 only in Feb 2006. So, If I had to relocate (due to LA district office takes more than 1 year to process N400 as against less than 6 months of Santa Ana /San Bernardino as indicated by this web site-https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeprocesstimes.jsp), should I move before Nov 2005 - because of the three month stay requirement before I can apply...

Experts please suggest!

you can read my reply to another user regardling similar question you have.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1181614&postcount=210

btw, office topic, what kind of position are you working now?

Los Angeles Vs Santa Ana and Relocation Dilemma

OCWorker,

I am not clear what is your suggestion...I guess I can wait until Sep 2005 and then make a decision.
By the way I work as IT Developer/Architect in MS SQL Server, Actuate,
.NET and Oracle area.

Could you please email me your contact details to my id: spalam01@yahoo.com

kumsakthi said:
OCWorker,

I am not clear what is your suggestion...I guess I can wait until Sep 2005 and then make a decision.
By the way I work as IT Developer/Architect in MS SQL Server, Actuate,
.NET and Oracle area.

Could you please email me your contact details to my id: spalam01@yahoo.com

Sorry for not being able to offer any suggestions at all. actually, you can even wait until Nov 2005 to make a decision. However, since you already know you would have to consider what if Santa Ana DO moves backbware.

best wishes.

OCWORKER is right

Kumsakthi,
OCWORKER is right. Wait till you become eligible and then decide. Even then, you are trying to shoot a moving target ( the processs time). Even this target moves randomly. I understand your urgency but cannot help more than this. Thanks
My two cents ONLY.
kumsakthi said:

Experts please suggest!