Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

rhegde said:
I sent my application for citizenship in early march this year and by the middle of march I got a letter from the INS confirming the receipt of application. I have been waiting for FP notice since then. From the posts I see that people in LA are getting FP notice within a month of application. Its been two months now for me. Is this normal or should i contact the INS ?

Thanks,
Rajesh

I agree that going to the LA DO may help.
Personally I had some luck going to the ASC when my second FP did not arrive on time. I have described my experience in one of my old posts.

Mahesh

For those who took the oath yesterday at fairplex, Congrats for officially becoming US citizens.
If someone has any tips or some special story, please don't hesitate to tell us about it.

Pomona/Fairplex oath experience

First of all, there is plenty of parking available on a pretty rundown open parking lot outside the Fairplex. It is flat $6 fee.

Since the number of applicants is very large they had the following procedure for the afternoon ceremony:

-they did not let applicants into blgd #4 (where the ceremony is held) till 12:30 (the appointment time)
- Non applicants are not allowed to be with applicants when entering this bldg. They have to enter from another door and have to stay in a different area from where they can see. But it is quite far from the stage and I believe space is limited (from what I could see)
- Applicants go into bldg #4 and show the appt letter to ANY one of the 40 odd CIS worker who are sitting behind a table. (Remember, these worker will serve a more useful role that I will explain later)
- the worker will ask you to confirm that you answered the questions at back of appt corrrectly, then take away your GC, and scribble a okay on the letter
- Then you continue towards the seating area and someone from CIS will seat applicants in a certain order.
- Ceremony starts after EVERYONE has been seated. This can take a long time especially if you were one of the early ones.
- Ceremony include the pledge of allegiance, congratulatory video message from the President, the national anthem etc
- To prevent chaos, at a time, they start "dismissing" a small group of people to collect their certificates and leave the bldg. The order in which people are dismissed is the same as you were seated in the first place. So, if you want to leave the place earlier, make sure you are seated earlier too.
- one of these 40 odd workers I mentioned earlier has your certificate. Each worker has a certain three digit range # written on the wall behind them. Which worker has your certificates depends on the last three digits of the you A#. So, for eg, you have a A# ending with 054, you would go to worker who say has the number range 043-059 written on the wall behind him. You knew about test of english to get citizenship. But did you know of this secret test of basic math too at oath time ;)

I was among the first few people. So I did not get a whole lot of traffic getting out. But I can imagine the one exit would get pretty backed up as more and more people start exiting the facility. Of course the downside of reaching there early is to endure the long wait. As with everything in dealings with CIS, patience is a great virtue.

Hope this helps those who would be going to Pomona.

Mahesh

Oath for June 23, anyone??

Anyone got his oath letter for June 23d? Please share your time line.

My time line:
PD 1/3/05
FP 3/9/05
Interview 5/19/05
Oath ??

I will have my interview on 7/19/05. If i pass the interview (without anything pending), and got the "congrat" letter from the interviewer, do you think I could be able to get in an oath ceremony in Aug?

Possible!

ocworker said:
I will have my interview on 7/19/05. If i pass the interview (without anything pending), and got the "congrat" letter from the interviewer, do you think I could be able to get in an oath ceremony in Aug?

Starlight, did you get your oath letter?.. please let me know when you get it. I took the interview exactly one week after you did.
Abdul.
starlight79 said:
PD: 12/20/04
FP: 3/10/05
Interview: 5/12/05
Oath:???

nl0922, did you get your oath letter?

nl0922 said:
priority date: 12/13
finger print:1/18
interview: 4/18
oath: still pending

I have apply for name change, does anyone know if this will impact and delay receiving oath notice? thanks.

Name check

No problem with name check. I got the "congrat" letter on the spot when interviewed. The only factor that could slow down my oath ceremony is the name change thing. Hoping for the June 23rd ceremony.

nl0922 said:
No problem with name check. I got the "congrat" letter on the spot when interviewed. The only factor that could slow down my oath ceremony is the name change thing. Hoping for the June 23rd ceremony.

i see. hope you will be getting the oath letter soon.

btw, jus checked with my friend. she had her oath in a court house in APR in NYC.

i checked the oath in court house in LA and it only takes 75 people at a time. i wonder how long I would have to wait after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for 2+ months for Finger Print Notice in Los Angeles

I had called the National Customer Service Center today regarding my application. The automated message informed that it takes 330-365 days to process N-400 applications. The same timeline was mentioned in the receipt letter. Does it really take that long?? From the posts, iam seeing that people living in LA are getting citizenship within 6 months.

I am living in the City of Monrovia ( close to Pasadena) . Is there any office I can contact to get a status on my application other than the Customer Service Center? Somebody mentioned that the length of processing time depends on the ASC - What does ASC stand for? What would be the ASC if iam from Monrovia?

Thanks,
Rajesh

rhegde said:
I had called the National Customer Service Center today regarding my application. The automated message informed that it takes 330-365 days to process N-400 applications. The same timeline was mentioned in the receipt letter. Does it really take that long?? From the posts, iam seeing that people living in LA are getting citizenship within 6 months.

I am living in the City of Monrovia ( close to Pasadena) . Is there any office I can contact to get a status on my application other than the Customer Service Center? Somebody mentioned that the length of processing time depends on the ASC - What does ASC stand for? What would be the ASC if iam from Monrovia?

Thanks,
Rajesh

ASC = Application Support Centre. I heard they are run by 3rd party for DOH to take finger prints. you can schedule an infopass appointment from www.uscis.gov and check on your status.

Oath Ceremony

Hi all,

Got the oath appointment letter today. Good luck to everyone.

oath: 6/23 8:00 am

Question for same day passport - Ahahit please help.

This question is for Anahit regarding the same day passport application.
Whould the passport applicants wait for their passports at the passport agency regional office when they apply for same day passport? Seems to me there is no need for the two way express mail service if I have to wait in the office. Can I save $30 express mail fee if I need passport the same day and also be able to provide air tickets as proof? Thanks in advance for any help.

Oath Letter..

Guys,
Please update the list of those who got the oath letter for June 23d.
There is nl0922 so far. Anybody else? please share your timeline.
Abdul.

My timeline
-----------
PD 01/03/05
1st (missed) FP 01/31/05
2nd FP 03/09/05
Interview 05/19/05
Oath ??

nl0922 said:
Hi all,

Got the oath appointment letter today. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: