Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

ocworker said:
your case seem pretty fast. good luck in your oath letter notification.

btw, what were you told about your interview after it was done? did they tell you that your case was approved and recommented for naturalization? or else ?

The officer told me to wait for the oath letter in 2-3 months. Hopefully it does not take that long. You will be given a letter on the spot regarding the decision

starlight79 said:
The officer told me to wait for the oath letter in 2-3 months. Hopefully it does not take that long. You will be given a letter on the spot regarding the decision

good luck.

pacific1 said:
Good idea. I become eligible on Dec 1 and will be filing on Sep 1, 90 days prior to eligibility date. Don't know how long things take in Los Angeles, but I'd like to keep track via this board.

I have a question:
How many years do you have to be on a GC before applying for citizenship? Do you have to wait for full 5 years? Or can you apply at 4 1/2 years? What do you mean by eligibility date?
-thanks

SyedNaqvi said:
Hi Guys,
I am completing my 5 years on 08/18/2005, I am here in LA. As i found from the timeanddate website calculator i should be filing my application for naturalization on or after May 20, 2005. Please suggest if i should file this application by myself or i should go through any channel. My case is very simple but for one situation i am going to have may name change also in the application, please suggest if the name change in the application can cause a delay.

Hi
does this mean that you can apply for citizenship 90 days before the 5 yrs are over. Some one told me that this can be done at 4 1/2 yrs or does this depend on the region etc. After applying roughly how long does it take to get citizenship?
]-thanks

dracula2000 said:
Hi
does this mean that you can apply for citizenship 90 days before the 5 yrs are over. Some one told me that this can be done at 4 1/2 yrs or does this depend on the region etc. After applying roughly how long does it take to get citizenship?
]-thanks

help us, and help yourself by reading
here

After reading some posts from other threads, I am a little bit confused. Some people said that although the officer has approved their cases, they are still waiting for the name check. If I remembered correctly, the name check was done during the interview. I saw my case worker actually typed in different combination of my name and stamped on a sheet. Could any other people that have gone through the interview share their experience?

Are you serious?

starlight79 said:
After reading some posts from other threads, I am a little bit confused. Some people said that although the officer has approved their cases, they are still waiting for the name check. If I remembered correctly, the name check was done during the interview. I saw my case worker actually typed in different combination of my name and stamped on a sheet. Could any other people that have gone through the interview share their experience?
Just because you saw your interviewer typing different combinations of your name does not mean that he was doing name check for you. We're talking about FBI name check process here. Check out the first thread on this forum.

Parking availability at L.A. County Fairgrounds - Fairplex, Pomona

I was wondering how bad the parking situation is at the L.A. County Fairgrounds - Fairplex in Pomona for the oath ceremony.

How much in advance of the appt should one be there to be on time for the ceremony?

Thanks
Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my oath letter! Yippee!!

I just received my oath letter for May 26th ceremony. Feeling so relieved!!!
About 2 to 3 weeks ago I had contacted my Congressman's office and they had called the Congressional Liaison a couple of times. The letter was mailed out on 17th which is unusally late for a May 26th date. So I feel whatever the Liaison did made the case move and made them send the letter.

Of course, to know it was time to call the Congressman's office, I had to find out where my case stood relative to others. And that is where, those of you on this thread, helped me a lot with regular updates on your case.

Thanks so much,
Mahesh

PD Oct 1st
Interview Mar 3rd (El Monte)
Oath scheduled May 26th

:)
maheshgajanan said:
About 2 to 3 weeks ago I had contacted my Congressman's office and they had called the Congressional Liaison a couple of times. The letter was mailed out on 17th which is unusally late for a May 26th date. So I feel whatever the Liaison did made the case move and made them send the letter.

Of course, to know it was time to call the Congressman's office, I had to find out where my case stood relative to others. And that is where, those of you on this thread, helped me a lot with regular updates on your case.

Thanks so much,
Mahesh

PD Oct 1st
Oath scheduled May 26th
Man, you finally made it :)
Congrats & good luck to you...Glad that wait is over :cool:

Congratulations, Mahesh!!!!!!!!!
That's a good news. You definitely got a short notice for your oath. But, who cares? The sooner, the better... :)

Hi Mahesh;

Congrat. my Guess your case moved by itself without the intervention of the senator office. Your priority date indicates that. It is within the 6 months boudary for name check that needs a simple FBI human intervention to clear it out because a false reference by the computer name check process.

I guess your name check was completed late April or early may and it took couple of weeks to filter down to your DO office and issue the Oath letter.

My PD is Oct 19th. So I am optimistic that my Name check may have been completed by now. The next oath in Houston is June 29th. Let's see what happens.

Cheers
Steve

Anahit, Kind_SD thanks for your support in all your previous postings.

Steve_Houston,
My namecheck had cleared Oct 21st. That I know for sure because I confirmed it two different times from two different parties. I also know that last month when a lot of my fellow applicants (incl Anahit's daughter) were getting their oath letter, I had cleared all three background checks. This is again something I had confirmed different times from three different parties at USCIS.
You are right in pointing out that I should have got my letter by now as per normal processing times. However, the problem is it had not. I was getting concerned and contacted my Congressman and then suddenly this is mailed out about 9 days before the oath itself. I cannot imagine something as important as a oath letter given such short notice (but then what do I know about the inner working of the USCIS). That is why I suspect it may have been the Congressional Liaison that did the trick.

At this point, it does not matter to me how it came about but I thought some with pending cases may find this information useful.

Wish you good luck with your case,
Mahesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Mahesh!

I was wondering how bad the parking situation is at the L.A. County Fairgrounds - Fairplex in Pomona for the oath ceremony.

How much in advance of the appt should one be there to be on time for the ceremony?

Thanks
Julie

maheshgajanan said:

Thanks so much,
Mahesh

PD Oct 1st
Oath scheduled May 26th

Mahesh,

My husband also received his letter yesterday. I was surprised that it came so late as well. I don't believe calling the Congressman's office was actually the reason your letter finally got processed since we got it the same day. Anyways, it's nice that it is finally here! Congrats!!!

mai14cc said:
Mahesh,

My husband also received his letter yesterday. I was surprised that it came so late as well. I don't believe calling the Congressman's office was actually the reason your letter finally got processed since we got it the same day. Anyways, it's nice that it is finally here! Congrats!!!

Thanks!
After all, sounds like it was not the Congressman's office who may have done it. But I am not complaining. I am glad it is over!

Mahesh

Anahit, mai14cc, pacific1, anyone else who has been to Fairplex in Pomona,

I cannot help wonder how a 3500 people strong gathering can be very orderly. Is the place really crazy? Is there enough parking?

Thanks
Mahesh

Congrat, Mahesh

Thank you for starting this thread so we all get a little bit of relief during this stressful process.

maheshgajanan said:
Anahit, mai14cc, pacific1, anyone else who has been to Fairplex in Pomona,

I cannot help wonder how a 3500 people strong gathering can be very orderly. Is the place really crazy? Is there enough parking?

Thanks
Mahesh

I've never been there but I imagine that just parking will take a while, just because there will be so many people with their friends and family. It is probably a good idea to get there earlier than an hour before the actual ceremony.

Thanks for you suggestion Pacific1

Thanks Starlight!
I am glad the thread has been useful. We need all the help from each other dealing with the CIS. I agree with what Ron Gotcher (immigration-information.com) had to say and I quote

You are dealing with an agency that uses as its motto:
We don't care,
We don't have to,
We're the CIS.

Now, off my soapbox. Anyone has tips on Fairplex, Pomona, esp parking?

Thanks
Mahesh