Looking to tour US with wife and daughter. Studied and worked in US earlier.

prajushree

I have done my MS in USA in 2006, then have worked in US for 3 years. I resigned a US job on good terms and left US permanently for India for family reasons in Dec 2010.After that I got married and now I have a 2 years daughter. I worked in India for 2 years. Now I have started my own software firm in my town so I can continue to stay with my parents.

I am looking to tour US with my wife and daughter for around 3 to 4 months; I will also stay with my Brother's family for a few weeks who is in US. My wife has never been to US and we would like to do this tour while we only have one baby manage.

I keep hearing about tourist visa approval could be problem for a young family such as mine. I am looking to understand the challenges here.
Also any recommendations to help make this desire a reality are appreciated.
I will also be thankful if some helpful threads or links could be posted.

The key is to overcome immigrant intent. If you have strong (and well documented) social and financial ties to India you have a good chance of obtaining visit visas. Apply and see what happens.

I keep hearing about tourist visa approval could be problem for a young family such as mine. I am looking to understand the challenges here.

There is nothing to worry. You can start your B-2 Visa application process. Since you have resigned your job in good terms, there wont be any application denial. You may see the USCIS Website to make sure that you have all supporting documents.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I have done my MS in USA in 2006, then have worked in US for 3 years. I resigned a US job on good terms and left US permanently for India for family reasons in Dec 2010.After that I got married and now I have a 2 years daughter. I worked in India for 2 years. Now I have started my own software firm in my town so I can continue to stay with my parents.

I am looking to tour US with my wife and daughter for around 3 to 4 months; I will also stay with my Brother's family for a few weeks who is in US. My wife has never been to US and we would like to do this tour while we only have one baby manage.

Also any recommendations to help make this desire a reality are appreciated.
I will also be thankful if some helpful threads or links could be posted.