Long wait starts

Oh WOW!
Thanks a lot santa..
This is defi a big relief..

santa4u said:
I-140 revocation will not affect PD portability...as long as LC & I-140 are approved and genuine...then the PD is yours forever...

PD can still be ported - Only in case of fraud, it cannot be ported.....

santa4u said:
I-140 revocation will not affect PD portability...as long as LC & I-140 are approved and genuine...then the PD is yours forever......
I don't think so.
What you said is correct if I-140 was revoked after 180 days I-485 pending. Otherwise, PD is not retained.

GotPR? said:
I don't think so.
What you said is correct if I-140 was revoked after 180 days I-485 pending. Otherwise, PD is not retained.

I think also the same like you.

This is true.
But, aren't both the employer and employee required to sign on the lc prior to submitting I140. What are the legal and ethical implications of the employee leaving the job after approved I140 and those of the employer revoking such I140?

In any event, with concurrent filing possible, it does not make much sense to file I140 right away unless one envisages their pd to be current within next 6 months or so.

If one is in the sixth year of the h1b, then they can use the approved I140 for
3 year-increment h1b. This is perhaps the only situation where one may want to hasten on getting I140 approval (w/o waiting for pd to be current)

Some attorneys may recommend filing I140 immediately after lc approval for their fees.

krishna_ said:
But noone can guarantee that I140 will not be revoked..
How can you make sure its not revoked?
Is there a timeline .. i.e If the LC and I140 gets approved with the new company and after that if the old company revokes the I140 old PD is still retained?
Has anyone followed this process.. Pls enlighten us with details.

Poor Guys and Gals

No matter what you say trying to console yourself, I can still see the hurt and tears behind your confident veneer. You say we will stay flexible stay liquid etc. etc. What this really means is you will not buy a home nor a good car nothing..what is the use of living in USA then if you still have to live in a shitty apartment.
You are much better off in India where you can do whatever you want. If you wife is working then the situation may, rahter will arise where she will not want to go back no matter what and you may want to.
I have seen many Indian couples go thru this dilemma and figth over it. In fact, there was a fight between a couple I know about this in a party after they got drunk, and the guy in a fit of rage called his wife a whore and almost tore her clothes off. ( that she is sleeping around to buy a lexus is well known )

So the wife will take a liking and you guys will have to stick with her like a jhat ring. Saras take my advice and do not wait...learn from my experience I have been here for 20+ years and know first hand the problems..

Hey, I have a question...did you have to file a labor certificate for your i-140 application? If so, what is the date that was filed? As far as I know, your priority date is the date the labor certificate was filed. I hope this is the case. Then, perhaps, you will have an earlier priority date which means a shorter wait time!! :p