local transfer to detroit INS, help

ferjo

Registered Users (C)
Just heard the message, my case is transfered to local office in Detroit on Dec. 19.

Can anyone give information on such? what should I do now, does it means interview and how long?
Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks a lot.

Reason for transfer to local office

EB2, China, no out of status. ND RD 11/00

According to my lawyer, it is because our wedding day are too close the I-485 filing day. Can\'t do notthing but wait for the interview notice from the local office.

Hard time at work, manager is an asshole. I was told by my lawyer that I can change job if I want to.

He also mentioned he is going with us for the interview.

He said it is commom for marriage reason such as case of mine. and should be no problem.

I am waitting.

ferjo, You will get your GC after interview.

Because your wedding day are too closed teh I-485 filling day.
INS just want to check you really sleep with your wife.

You will get the interview letter and GC.

Same here: Transfer to local office: Jan 7 2002

RD: 20 Sep 2000
ND: 20 Oct 2000
FP: 15 May 2001
Transfered to local Detroit office: Jan 7 2002
Reason for transfer: Wedding day close to I-485 filing

Waiting for interview to be scheduled... any idea how long it takes? - ?? months

GCWisher

less than 2 month

GCwisher,

I have got the notice yesterday. Interview day is for 02-12-02. and my case was transfered Dec. 19th.

Good luck to both of us.

?

So guys. U mean to say every case which has marriage date and I485 date close get transfered to local office ?. I have applied for 485 last sep, and planing to get married in april so will my case will also get transfered to local office ?.

Re: ?

Not in your case. If you get married a month before filing for 485, they want to make sure that you are married and not married for the G.C.

please post info after you get it down

I believe my case will be transfered to Detroit too. (12/26/00, EB2,
China). But when? I have no idea. Why? no idea. Probably just
not luck enough. Would you please post more details after you
get your interview done? Appreciate your help!

This is good news

Thanks for the info Ferjo

Congratulations for the notice. I should be looking forward for my notice to arrive Jan end/Feb.

How are you preparing for the interview? Does the interview letter specify what documents are to be taken?

Good luck!

GCWisher

Documents

Yes it does. Things like passport, i94, tax information for the last 3 years. house payment, bank statement or anything else as a proof of marriage, original birth certificate, marriage certificate, company empolyment valification, immigration photos, medical, etc. Just in case, we will bring all the documents that they did not request also.

Ferjo, your FP

Dear Ferjo,
Have you done your FP prior to the scheduled date? I am just trying to gather the reasons (one of the many) for local transfers.

Thanks

Transfer to dallas from nebraska

I got the transfer notice too and my interview is schedule a week after yours. Please let me know how yours goes. My letter says to bring passport, i-94, birth certificate, photo id, current medical results, employment letter, proof of marriage. Apart from these it also says to bring
1. Person who petitioned for me must be present at the interview with photo id
2. I-864 (affidavit of support) must be submitted with the income tax returns for the past 3 years for all sponsors.
Did yours also say the same thing? According to my lawyer these things are not applicable for employment based interviews. What is your opinion? Who is going with you for the interview. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

Case Approved

Happy Chinese New Year

We went to the office at 11:00, with our lawyer. The interview started at 11:30.

The first thing he did was to start taking our finger print, and have us sign out name. He asked for Passport, EAD, Advance Parol ( which was not on the list INS sent). Then he start working on stapling all the above forms into his folder for me and my wife. He ask the standard questions about if we belong to any political group, criminal background etc, we all answer no. He never really ask any specific question about our marriage, but our lawyer intentionally brought up questions such as if we have bought a house, and when did we meet and etc. He later told us the reason for interview is because of the "short time marriage".

The entire process took about 25 minutes, and both my wife and me are being interview at the same time. It is more like we were sitting there to wait for him to finish all the paper work, and put stamps on our passport, instead of being questioned. The officer is very nice, and professional

Our plastic green card will come faster than those who did not conducted interview. mainly because our files will be sent to Nebraska by the end of the day, while the regular case will sit there for a few months before some one sent them out.

I will be pleased to answer any of your questions, and good luck.

Congratulations!

Congratulations ferjo !

Happy ending after all the tension :)

I\'m yet to get my invitation, it has been more than a month of wait :(

I wanted to know if any documents to prove your marriage were asked? Like tax-filing or marriage certificate or bank accounts etc.. or it was just the Passport-EAD-AP as you have mentioned..

Thanks
GCWisher

How close is close???

I got married on Jan-04 and applied 485 on Feb-25
with RD: 03/06/01 ND: 03/26/01
Are there chances of me getting an interview @local
office ???
Please post opinions/experience.

Me and wife married exactly 1 year before I-485 application - still transferred

to Chicago. How can you explain this.

Is one year not sufficient time for them to believe that we\'re legitimately married?

Thanks

GCWisher,

Tax filing and bank statement, in our case, house payment are all required by the letter sent by INS.

Our officer did not ask for any of those, not even the marriage certification. You will get a detail list of what documents to bring, but in our case, EAD and AP were not on the list, and lucky my wife brought them along.

Good luck to you