Local PCC very omportant Please Read

GhoshT

Registered Users (C)
I have received Packet4 and it clearly states that we need PCC from Indian consulate in USA and from local police station in India too.
I know couple of guys in this board tried to overlook this issue and said that they will tell the interviewing officer why they can not arrange PCC from local police station in India(In the June Interview thread of Mumbai). But several guys in Mumbai were not issued visa due to lack of local PCC(source - Immihelp desicussion).
So I guess this is one of the most important issue now and this is a must.
I do not know though how to arrange local PCC but asked my parents to inquire. what a last moment tensionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn??
Do need to get 2 PCC for my wife one is from my place and one is from her place? Any idea friends.

Local PCC from Ahmedabad(India)

I have some experience. May be it will help you.
Well, you may see attached .jpg file of my Local Indian police PCC.

1. Rajasthan.
I tried for my wife. They asked for marriage certificate and USA residenc proof. Then they issued smoothly.

2. Gujarat.
They asked for following things. In Gujarat it is strict.
--> Passport photographs 2,
--> Reason to take PCC,
--> USA Residence proof,
--> Passport photocopy(attested),
--> Authority letter for person(brother, father etc), who is taking PCC behalf of you.

Best Luck guys...

Please READ

Do we have to supply PCC all the places where you stayed more than 6 months since the age of 16 ? I\'ve never stayed in my residence in Orissa. All I stayed outside either for studies or for job. Do I need to get the cecrtificate from orissa OR from all other places ?

Can someone please clarify

does anybody have an idea, how to get it in Madras

does anybody have an idea/experience, how to get it in Chennai...

when i applied PCC to houston embassay, they told me that they will \'send the appli\' to chennai to verify. and if \'chennai dept\' doesn\'t respond to the application in 1 month, the Houston embassay have right to issue a PCC on behalf of chennai deptartment.

If that is true, why shud we once again get a LOCAL PCC FROM CHENNAI ????

No Title

I agree.. and to complicate matters, if we need PCC from India, we need it from ALL places that we resided for more than 6 months. For roving IT employees like us, its tough !

Apply common sense.

NOT Legal advice:

I dont think, you need to take from all places you stayed in India.

Simply go to police station where your parents stays. I hope, they were continuosly staying at same place after your 18th birthday(If not then also try it). Just go to local police station OR district police station. Ask them to issue PCC from \'18th birthdate\' to \'last India stay date(I mean when you first time entered in USA)\' for you at your Parent\'s address. Few dollars will make thing smoother.

NOBODY KNOWS WHERE AND HOW LONG YOU STAYED IN INDIA at certain Place.
Use your parents address.

Otherwise, it is meaningless to visit so many states and collect it in India. When in USA, FBI takes 1 month to give you verified finger prints. In USA, state to state DMV rules, Driving speeds, and other rules are chaning, then How can we expect in India smoother ??

what is format of PCC issued by Indian consulate in US

I hv got mine from washinton CG. "PCC" is not written anywhere on it.
it just says "to whom it may concern...there are no records found against \'person\'s name\'...and USA visa can be issued to the person (or something like that)"
is this how everyone is getting theirs too? I am surprised that no where it says this is PCC and issued after checking records with passport office and police department in India.

tapasvi.

Not from all the places, I guess..

I don\'t think you need PCC from all the places you live in India for more than 6 months. It applies only if you have lived in abroad for more than 6 months, you need PCC from all the conutries you lived. Any comments?.

From consulate website:
if the applicant has resided abroad since the age of 16 for periods of six months or more, then a police certificate might be required from that country, depending on which country it was.

vsshah...

"NOBODY KNOWS WHERE AND HOW LONG YOU STAYED IN INDIA at certain Place. "

Its all in the DS-230 remember ?

Consulate says no Indian PCC

I sent an e-mail to chennai consulate yesterday and according to the reply (this is what I understand), you need local PCC only if you are applying for IV while staying in India. If you are in USA, then only PCC from local Indian Embassy is sufficient.

-XML

xml, could you pl. post the message you got from the consulate on this matter? thx.

I got the same reply from Chennai yesterday but waiting for reply from Delhi.

Hope specific to Mumbai or Officer was not in good mood.

guys, I too got email from Chennai consulate that local PCC for US residents is NOT required.

SO I guess this is just a Mumbai consulate issue.

Local PCC is a must now

I had my interview on May 22 and they sent me back. I had to fly to Ahmedabad and get my PCC - it was a nightmare - but all went well after. I am glad it is all over. I am still in india - will post more detail when I get back to the US on May 28th

bluegrass..how does the local PCC looks like..

I have a letter from my Dy.Commissioners office and it says character verification certificate.It says that there are no adverse cases on my name and is addressed to American consulate.But its not called as PCC.Its called as character verification certificate.Is this fine??

Please post details about ur PCC..

Thanks
Shanks