• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

LND Embassy Interview Experience

Hi Adela,

on your question, if I can recall correctly Franko is not quite a father figure as yet ;D, however look here, first thread's entry:
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/successful-dv2015-interview-london.323325/

"Wife's case number was 2015AF00004***, and we had the interview at 8am on October 22 at the London US Embassy, we did not take our kids as both were under 14 and they did not require to be there."

I was suprised seeing this I had three children (5, 7, 14.5) and took them all for the interview (paid a lot of money for flight tickets), however it looks
like only the oldest one was really required (due to fingerprints being taken off him and oath), I was trying to find anything on this in official DV related
instruction, I couldn't though, however it looks like under 14's might not be required to be present.

Please double check on this, contacting embassy might be the safest option!

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I emailed US Embassy in London, but no one answered...they do say if the question is answered
on their webpage, they will not answer..I am calling them tomorrow, but Visa Unit does not take calls...maybe someone will
know..If not, I will try another email ...

Adela.

One more thing..when you got your letter for interview, did it say if you have to bring the children?

my number is quite high, and with the slow progress, who knows if I am getting any interview,,,I hope I do...

Thank you.

Thank you for the link.

I do not qualify for AOS. I am not in USA, I am now in UK, but not working now and I got a job in
Canada conditional on passing security clearance.

I do CP; my son is in USA, but in summer he travels to Europe to visit grandparents (my number will only be current
probably in August ).

I will ask London Embassy again - to be sure and to see how to plan for all these.

Thank you.

Thank you for the link.

I do not qualify for AOS. I am not in USA, I am now in UK, but not working now and I got a job in
Canada conditional on passing security clearance.

I do CP; my son is in USA, but in summer he travels to Europe to visit grandparents (my number will only be current
probably in August ).

I will ask London Embassy again - to be sure and to see how to plan for all these.

Thank you.

Hi Adela. I was going to refer you to NewBetterBonio because as he correctly pointed out I am not a father yet although my wife is doing her best to change that :) But I can see that he already replied.

I had some issues to resolve with the embassy in London before our interview and used both email and conventional letter. In the end both worked but the "old school" paper letter did a better job and I had the embassy contacting me to answer my question. So my advice would be to drop them an email (it took them about a week to reply to my question) and maybe write a letter and simply post it to the address provided on their website. It took them about 5-6 weeks to reply but they had everything on paper and sorted out my issue.

Hope that helps.

One more thing..when you got your letter for interview, did it say if you have to bring the children?

my number is quite high, and with the slow progress, who knows if I am getting any interview,,,I hope I do...

Thank you.

The letter is rather vague for that matter, it lists main applicant and family members (who aims to travel with the applicant),
there is no specific wording with regards who should attend the interview.

Per Franko's advise, the letter might be your best option you can use US embassy mailing address as shown here:
http://london.usembassy.gov/contact.html
Put "Immigrant Visa Branch" on top of it - this exact address comes on the 2nd "interview invitation" letter,
however since your files are still with KCC (your interview is not scheduled as yet) I'm not sure whether they
will bother to respond or not.

Ok. Thank you. I will write a letter this weekend.
If they do not answer now, I will re-write later in
few months another one.

Just collected our passports and envelopes from local depot of the shipping company that London embassy uses :) :) :) What caught my attention is actual visa expiry date which is the date of my medicals + six months. I've read about other people reporting full six months of visa validity (from issue date) but I guess LND play it safe and make sure that people do not enter pass their medicals expiry date.
hi, I ve interviewed in London but did u get only one tracking number for all family in the name of main applicant? ..I got only one tracking number, and it seems only for my passport not for my son passport...my son is 12 years old..but it seems they have not sent his passport , just mine...

hi, I ve interviewed in London but did u get only one tracking number for all family in the name of main applicant? ..I got only one tracking number, and it seems only for my passport not for my son passport...my son is 12 years old..but it seems they have not sent his passport , just mine...

Why don't you wait until you get the package to see if they are together....