List of documents for AP renewal ?

immi_mygc

Registered Users (C)
Following list of documents I am planning for AP renewal:

1. I485 receipt
2. 2 photos
3. copy of passport
4. copy of form I94

Do i missing any thing. pls let me know as I am going to file today by mail on my own. thanks.

Following list of documents I am planning for AP renewal:

1. I485 receipt
2. 2 photos
3. copy of passport
4. copy of form I94

Do i missing any thing. pls let me know as I am going to file today by mail on my own. thanks.

Check with fee (if applicable)
Form I-131 and part 7 supplemental information
Copy of I-140 approval notice
Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card and latest H1B approval notice (if applicable)
Copy of last approved Advance Parole document
Copy of Birth certificate (not required but will not hurt).
Copy of driving license (not required but will not hurt).

Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card and latest H1B approval notice (if applicable)

Is the supplemental information is must ?? I have the cover letter stating the my I485 is pending and requesting to apporve the Adavance Parole with checklist document.

If it is must what should be the format. I am ready to apply now with filled form and all the supporting document.
Please let me know does this good enough. Thanks.

There is no reason (or benefit) to sending the additional unnecessary items. Only send what they ask you for.

Why would someone send I-140 approval notice for AP renewal??? List the required documents only ...

I've noticed that most people on this forum send monumental amounts of useless information with their applications for no convincing reason. Aliens in the US, through wasting so much paper, are probably a significant factor in contributing to global warming as a result.

Here's what you need for AP renewal (and it worked for me):

1- Application
2- Fees (if applicable)
3- photos with A# and name written with pencil on the back
4- Proof of pending I-485 (i.e. I-485 receipt notice)
5- Photo ID (passport or driver's license)
6- Short cover letter only because the application asks for an explanation of why you need AP (in most cases, because you have a pending I-485)... even this is probably not required.

Optional stuff:
7- I-94 front and back IF you are subject to NSEERS (to show FIN#) and/or you are subject to the J visa home residency requirement and have your waiver from USCIS, in which case you should also include the waiver approval. This is because Advanced Parole cannot be issued to those without such a waiver according to the instructions.

Things you DON'T need to include:

1- Copy of all pages of passport
2- I-140 receipt (pending or approval notice)
3- Birth, marriage, baptism, or circumcision certificate
4- Letter from your employer or your school or your spouse
5- Your most recent grocery list to show that you are a healthy potential American
6- Copy of your previous AP - it's a previous AP and is irrelevant here
7- A picture of your family abroad to prove you have somebody to visit
8- You most recent electric or cable bill to show that you are responsible in making payments
9- A portrait of POTUS with yourself photoshopped next to him

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that most people on this forum send monumental amounts of useless information with their applications for no convincing reason. Aliens in the US, through wasting so much paper, are probably a significant factor in contributing to global warming as a result.

Here's what you need for AP renewal (and it worked for me):

1- Application
2- Fees (if applicable)
3- photos with A# and name written with pencil on the back
4- Proof of pending I-485 (i.e. I-485 receipt notice)
5- Photo ID (passport or driver's license)
6- Short cover letter only because the application asks for an explanation of why you need AP (in most cases, because you have a pending I-485)... even this is probably not required.

Optional stuff:
6- I-94 front and back IF you are subject to NSEERS (to show FIN#) and/or you are subject to the J visa home residency requirement and have your waiver from USCIS, in which case you should also include the waiver approval. This is because Advanced Parole cannot be issued to those without such a waiver according to the instructions.

Things you DON'T need to include:

1- Copy of all pages of passport
2- I-140 receipt (pending or approval notice)
3- Birth, marriage, baptism, or circumcision certificate
4- Letter from your employer of your school or your spouse
5- Your most recent grocery list to show that you are a healthy potential American
6- Copy of your previous AP - it's a previous AP and is irrelevant here
7- A picture of your family abroad to prove you have somebody to visit
8- You most recent electric or cable bill to show that you are responsible in making payments
9- A portrait of POTUS

In dealing with the world of immigration, logic thinking may not be the case. Those lists here and there created from different stupid RFE listed here beside many other sites and from personal experiences. If you send unnecessary documents, no harm for your application and the reverse may not be true especially if you are in hurry to get your application approved. Global warming will happen if those copies are in your drawer or in the USCIS piles. Look at the mailer for example of the EAD which as written on it "must be sent with subsequent application" why I do not know.

AP renewal documents

Hi

I am on H1 and have approved EAD.

Do I need to send H1 copy or EAD copy along with other documents for AP renewal?

In the AP Instructions documents, asking a document for supporting current status.

Thanks for your help!.

Hi, I have a question. How many days/Months before we should apply for AP/EAD renewal?
I have EAD and AP but never used. Mine expires in sep 1st week. when do you guys think I should apply for renewal?

thanks