Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Victor3536 said:
Guys,

I was preparing my I-134 for my wife and I have few questions

In, Q# 1d , It asks for A number if you're lawfully admitted PR of USA but in our case we're not PR yet so what do we write in A # ?

{You are not a PR yet, so you would not have a A#. But use this line
to write 'H1 Visa Holder' and the Visa # }

in item # 11 it asks that if you check "Intend" then indicate the nature and durationof support etc ..what do we write exactly in that field ?

{In your case this should not be applicable. Read what it says in the
brackets next to the item number }

{my responses}

Raju

Victor3536 said:
Guys,

I was preparing my I-134 for my wife and I have few questions

In, Q# 1d , It asks for A number if you're lawfully admitted PR of USA but in our case we're not PR yet so what do we write in A # ?

in item # 11 it asks that if you check "Intend" then indicate the nature and durationof support etc ..what do we write exactly in that field ?
I believe you can leave 1d blank.

Look my comments below

vm1214 said:
Hi,
I have some questions in my mind so would like to get it cleared
1. Did you guys received your appointment letter ? If yes then, why we have to call consulate to get the interview date ? I am assuming you guys are waiting for appointment letter - is it true ?
2. In case we do not receive the appointment letter before we leave for interview then after reaching Bombay can we directly go to counter to get the duplicate copy of the appointment letter or there is some procedure for it ?

To CP gurus,

1. Can we carry Cashier's check from US for the amount $335 in the name of American consulate general of India or do we need to get it from India only ?

I would recommend to get a DD from India itself

2.Do the consulate allow the kid/s if he/she not immigrating ? If no then where we can drop the kid ?

If your kid is an US citizen and thats why he does not need a green card then he can be with you as they cannot stop a US citizen from entering US consulate.

3. What is the visa category for the immigrant visa for Employment Based ?
4. Does the BMB case number gives any hint in which month the case can be handled ?

Thanks

Kd and other gurus:

Kd, In your list of immigration papers. I have noticed some form OF-171 what is it ?

Secondly, Can I get a cashier's check for visa fee from here or do I have to get it from India. Is it $ 335 per person ?

Breaking Head

Hi amdomd,
Can you please tell me how you get through to the consulate at Mumbai. I have been trying the last week everyday, and it keeps ringing and ringing and ringing...

Thanks in advance!

amdomd said:
Called the consulate tonight. Interview date on June 17th. Will have to scramble to get tickets.
How many days should I keep for medicals/ photos/etc before the interview?
Best of luck alren & uvw----!

amdomd :) :D
AC-140 application/ EB2
Received 04/07/2004
BMB case no assigned on 04/08/2004

Aprilfool,

Call around or after 9AM IST , i.e 10:30 CT here. Call 91-22-23637407/23637408. Either one will directly get you to the operator for immigration cases and will give you the information you need.

what's up with BMB ..still interview schedule is not updated for June..

Guys, For appointment letter, do they give out a duplicate packet-4 if you send someone at embassy with case details ?

Because I don't think that I will be getting it here, as I'm leaving on 2nd June. Did anyone got packet-4 so far ?

Victor3536 said:
what's up with BMB ..still interview schedule is not updated for June..

Guys, For appointment letter, do they give out a duplicate packet-4 if you send someone at embassy with case details ?

Because I don't think that I will be getting it here, as I'm leaving on 2nd June. Did anyone got packet-4 so far ?

Yes, it is possible to send your representative with the details to the Consulate to pick up a duplicate copy of the appointment letter.

Raju

victor:

Technically speaking the consulate should accept $ cashier check also. But I remember reading a posting early this year where someone carried a $ cashier check which was not accepted and ultimately ended up getting a bank draft from an indian nationalized bank located close to the bmb consulate worth 335x46 = Rs 15410 per head. But best bet is to email or call the consulate to verify this.

Case number assigned

Guys,

Got case number yesterday by calling Mumbai consulate. The lady said tentative interview date is sometime in July.

---------------------
Category EB3 - RIR
I-140 Approval Date: 3/15/04
I-824 Applied: 4/14/04
I-824 Receipt received: 4/28/04
AC-I140 sent to Mumbai consulate:4/30/04.
Case number obtained by calling Mumbai consulate: 5/17/04
---------------------

Do I need transit visa if flying via Amsterdam? My visa stamp on passport has expired. Can I use my AP to travel instead?

run4hlth:

Since your h-1b has expired in the passport and i am assuming you have h-1b approval document with you depending on which country you fly into from usa on way to bbay you may need to get a transit visa. Not all countries require transit visa. Here are a few which require for sure: Switzerland, FRance, UK.

Kd and others

My H1b is expired and have approval notice. SAme with H4 of my wife. While going for CP or at B'bay immigration, is it an issue ? Do I need to get H1 stamp ? Also in worst can scenario, what happens if IV rejected, can you use this H1 visa ?

Victor3536 said:
Kd and others

My H1b is expired and have approval notice. SAme with H4 of my wife. While going for CP or at B'bay immigration, is it an issue ? Do I need to get H1 stamp ? Also in worst can scenario, what happens if IV rejected, can you use this H1 visa ?
You don't need to get a stamp (y.t. in the same boat)

If IV gets rejected, then the same grounds could be used for rejecting a new H1.

I believe U'r flying Luftansa, so you might be OK.

kd1403:

I just found out that Amsterdam also requires transit visa - with H1 stamp on passport expired and with person having approval notice. I plan to apply for one at the nearest consulate office (they have a number of local offices where you can apply in person).

run4hlth said:
kd1403:

I just found out that Amsterdam also requires transit visa - with H1 stamp on passport expired and with person having approval notice. I plan to apply for one at the nearest consulate office (they have a number of local offices where you can apply in person).
For Netherlands it is in the regulations (and hence the consulate will always say so), but they do not enforce it.

I think I can let you know in about another hour, if they allow my wife to board the plane at the hub. :rolleyes:

Local airport did not have problem. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
victor:

I concur with alren. Flying with expired h-1 stamp but with a h-1b approval should not be an issue other than you will need a transit visa for certain countries. If CP is rejected for grounds other than incomplete documentation then your h-1b is automatically revoked and hence one cannot come back.

FBI Clearance Check

Guys,

Can anybody throw some light on this FBI clearance check? Is it really required in addition to PCC? Also how to go about getting it? Thanks.