Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

victor:

Yes medicals can be scheduled with by anyone (you or family) by calling the hospital (numbers provided on bmb consulate web site) by providing yoru bmb number and names of the people undergoing the medical exam. I called from usa to schedule mine ... you can have your folks in india call...either is fine!

Cp-query

My case EB3 - I140 was sent to Mumbai consulate on 04/30/04. I wrote them an email on 05/11/04 with my BMB number. I have not received any response regarding the case is entered in their system.
Is it too early to expect any response about my case been entered in the Mumbai system?

When in July (early, mid or Late July) can I expect my interview?

Is it ok if I ask someone from India call the consulate on my behalf. Or for security purpose I should only enquire about my interview?

I have been a little confused with transit visa while going thru diff threads.
My H1 is expired (Wife's H4 also expired) and we have our extension approval. Suppose We are flying thru UK (any country that requires transit visa).
Do I have to apply for 4 (2 for me + 2 for my wife) transit visas. i.e. 2 while going to India and other 2 while coming from India?

Am I correct that only AC-140 people should carry Demand Draft. I am EB-3 I-140, and I have already paid the interview fees should I need not carry any demand draft.

I heard If I carry documents about my wife's pregnancy from her US Gynecologist her medicals will be waived. Does this means she need not go for the Medicals at all? Or she will undergo medical checkup but no vaccinations, especially Like-virus vaccination? If no medicals are required then after pregnancy she has to take the medicals again?

**** June CP interview Guys, Hope everything goes smooth and All the Best **** ;)

(Questions: My case EB3 - I140 was sent to Mumbai consulate on 04/30/04. I wrote them an email on 05/11/04 with my BMB number. I have not received any response regarding the case is entered in their system.
Is it too early to expect any response about my case been entered in the Mumbai system?)

Cp-query

I did not understand your question , what you're saying is you emailed them with BMB number, so does that mean that you have your case # ? BMB # is your case number and that is the one that gets entered in the system base on which they give you interview date.

About transit visa, based on your situation, i think you need to get transit visa, see above post that I have posted a reply from German consulate. About getting transit visa while coming back, I am not sure if one needs to have it since you're going to have a valid GC papers with you.

CP-QUERY said:
My case EB3 - I140 was sent to Mumbai consulate on 04/30/04. I wrote them an email on 05/11/04 with my BMB number. I have not received any response regarding the case is entered in their system.
Is it too early to expect any response about my case been entered in the Mumbai system?

{It is difficult to say when they will respond. It normally takes about
2 weeks for the case to be received by them and entered in the
system}

When in July (early, mid or Late July) can I expect my interview?

{Most likely between July 20 - 31st)

Is it ok if I ask someone from India call the consulate on my behalf. Or for security purpose I should only enquire about my interview?

{They would not know who is calling as long as they can verify some
information.}

I have been a little confused with transit visa while going thru diff threads.
My H1 is expired (Wife's H4 also expired) and we have our extension approval. Suppose We are flying thru UK (any country that requires transit visa).
Do I have to apply for 4 (2 for me + 2 for my wife) transit visas. i.e. 2 while going to India and other 2 while coming from India?

{From what you say the visa stamps in your passports have expired, and
you would be carrying the approval notices. In this case you would
need to apply for transit visas while going to India.

You don't need transit visas while coming back because you would
be carrying the Immigrant Visa approval with you }

Am I correct that only AC-140 people should carry Demand Draft. I am EB-3 I-140, and I have already paid the interview fees should I need not carry any demand draft.

{Yes. You would have paid the Visa issue fee. But check whether
courier fee applies to your consulate now!}

I heard If I carry documents about my wife's pregnancy from her US Gynecologist her medicals will be waived. Does this means she need not go for the Medicals at all? Or she will undergo medical checkup but no vaccinations, especially Like-virus vaccination? If no medicals are required then after pregnancy she has to take the medicals again?

{She does not get waival for medical examination. Based on her
condition the physician will waive some vaccinations. She has
to attend the medicals }

**** June CP interview Guys, Hope everything goes smooth and All the Best **** ;)

{my responses}

Raju

Sorry for the confusion.
All I meant was in WWW.CPTRACKER.COM there is a column "P3 Entered by Consulate ". I was expecting to have some response regarding that. Let me clarify that I am NOT AC-140 and I have already received my BMB# when I received my P3.

Regarding the transit visa do you mean we (mysel + wife) should only apply 2 transit visas .i.e 1 for myself and 1 for my wife for going to India.
No transit visa is required while coming back from India as the GC will be approved and is equivalent of a valid visa while transit.

I hope I am little more clear about my questions.

Thanks Raju and Victor

Thanks! Raju and Victor for clarifying my doubts. I hope I will also be able help people based on the knowledge I get here.

Have a great weekend.

uvwxyz said:
One month when this bulletin was delayed the interview dates were not published for a long time on the consulate website... So just to reconfirm its nice that Mumbai consulate will post the June interview schedule on time now

Oh! I was not aware of the that. Then it make sense.

Victor3536 said:
Guys ..guess what

Got off the phone just now with BMB and my interview is scheduled on 10th June ..I did not expect it at all....I guess I will be first on this thread ..

They did consider my wife's pregnancy as an urgent request..I think they took my urgent request just little bit more seriously ..I will have to scramble now to wrap up the stuff here..

Hey , but I'm not complaining ..just expressing myself ..Great ..Phew .. Let's see what happens ..

One question ..While I'm here.. Since my wife is pregnant, I guess her medical would be waived ..is that right ?

Congrats! I'm glad they accomadated your request. Just get the tickets and consider the money well spent. ;)

Victor3536 said:
Guys this is the reply I got from German consulate ..Below is the email I wrote them.

I also emailed French and UK consulate but I'm expecting the same reply.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subj: Re: Transit Visa Requirement
Date: 5/14/2004 9:50:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: xxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Yes, you will need a transit visa.
Sincerely,
Visa Dept.
Those *****! Their money making stupid schemes.

Anyway, Northwest might be the way to go ...
Finally, The funny thing is I totally forgot that I'm a permanent resident of Canada so I don't need transit visa even though my H1 is expired. But this may help someone else.
Good for you! None of this transit nonsense for you. :p

CP-QUERY said:
Sorry for the confusion.
All I meant was in WWW.CPTRACKER.COM there is a column "P3 Entered by Consulate ". I was expecting to have some response regarding that. Let me clarify that I am NOT AC-140 and I have already received my BMB# when I received my P3.

You will (should have) get your case no. when the case was created at NVC, abt. 2-3 weeks after your 140 got approved.

alren said:
Congrats! I'm glad they accomadated your request. Just get the tickets and consider the money well spent. ;)

Alren

Thanks. Oh ya .. It will be well spent. However, It's hard to get seats ..I'm not getting anything from Dallas .. Any goo travel agent in mind .. ?

Victor3536 said:
Alren

Thanks. Oh ya .. It will be well spent. However, It's hard to get seats ..I'm not getting anything from Dallas .. Any goo travel agent in mind .. ?

I sent a PM to you for the same.

gcbad:

WEll no one can give good deals so late especially in PEAK season. Once cannot expect to pay under $1000 in high peak with less than 30-40 day notice. I am happy that atleast you got the tickets. I know someone who is heading for bbay in 3rd week of june and had to pay $1900 with a 4 stops, 5th stop being bbay.

Guys,

I'm getting $1360 per person from Dallas to Bbay on Luftansa.. going on 2nd june ..I'm trying for a cheaper deal

June CPers & CP gurus

Hi,
I have some questions in my mind so would like to get it cleared
1. Did you guys received your appointment letter ? If yes then, why we have to call consulate to get the interview date ? I am assuming you guys are waiting for appointment letter - is it true ?
2. In case we do not receive the appointment letter before we leave for interview then after reaching Bombay can we directly go to counter to get the duplicate copy of the appointment letter or there is some procedure for it ?

To CP gurus,

1. Can we carry Cashier's check from US for the amount $335 in the name of American consulate general of India or do we need to get it from India only ?
2.Do the consulate allow the kid/s if he/she not immigrating ? If no then where we can drop the kid ?
3. What is the visa category for the immigrant visa for Employment Based ?
4. Does the BMB case number gives any hint in which month the case can be handled ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
vm1214 said:
Hi,
I have some questions in my mind so would like to get it cleared
1. Did you guys received your appointment letter ? If yes then, why we have to call consulate to get the interview date ? I am assuming you guys are waiting for appointment letter - is it true ?
Nope. Normally cons., schedules around 10th and publishes around 15th. In the meantime they send the appt letter, which takes abt 3-4 wks.
2. In case we do not receive the appointment letter before we leave for interview then after reaching Bombay can we directly go to counter to get the duplicate copy of the appointment letter or there is some procedure for it ?
Yes.
To CP gurus,

1. Can we carry Cashier's check from US for the amount $335 in the name of American consulate general of India or do we need to get it from India only ?
2.Do the consulate allow the kid/s if he/she not immigrating ? If no then where we can drop the kid ?
3. What is the visa category for the immigrant visa for Employment Based ?
E category
4. Does the BMB case number gives any hint in which month the case can be handled ?

Thanks
Nope.

I134

Guys,

I was preparing my I-134 for my wife and I have few questions

In, Q# 1d , It asks for A number if you're lawfully admitted PR of USA but in our case we're not PR yet so what do we write in A # ?

in item # 11 it asks that if you check "Intend" then indicate the nature and durationof support etc ..what do we write exactly in that field ?