**Likely** September 2002 Interviews Tracker - Chennai Consulate

Questions about CP - expecting september interview

Hi all,

NVC forwarded my case to Chennai on 07/16.
Hoping for sept. interview. I had the following questions :

1) Do we take a DD for $65 or $75 ?? My company had set $230 to STL ?

2) What is the DD we take for DHL to post the passports back to us ?? Can we pay in cash for that ??

3) My employment letter is very simple indicating position etc. and that the offer is open for me with so and so salary etc. Does the letter also
need to contain details of no. of employees, financial information etc. ???

4) Iam assuming we can use a copy of the DS230 part I from a previous posting.

Thanks. We should network if we all get september interviews.

Navin

To sanjna

I send an email to Chennai Consulate yesterday, got 1 line reply saying to contact them mid august to firm the appointment date.

So what are the chances for Sept Interview?

they have received your case

if they replied like that, that means the case is in their system, u may be able to squeeze into september, are u eb-2 or eb-1?

experiences/documents website

hi all,

I had collected some of the detailed posts regarding chennai CP experiences and CP documents list. The famous SRIFX list has been modified and updated of late, and I have what I believe the most recent post of it.

I also have several experience posts on this board, collected from about the start of this year, most of them detailed enough to serve as roadmaps. I had made Word docs out of them, and then to HTML.

I have posted these at the site

http://chennaicp.tripod.com

for the benefit of chennai CPers. Since chennai P4 downloads seem to be down, if they do not bring it up ina few days, I shall post my earlier downloaded versin of P4 (medicals instructions etc) too.

I shall add to the documents list and experience list as I format more of them.

good luck everyone. Hope we all get Sept interviews and success there.

manish

hi manish,
very nice job. very helpful for the people
who want to go through cp process.keep
it up.
thanks
gcvege

Chennai - Probability of September interview

Manish and Rekhak,

Chennai consulate has been giving a variety of one-liners like

"Appt. will be for both you and your spouse"

"Check with us in August"

Overall, they are non-committal and are not even saying the usual Sept/october or only october stuff.

What does all this mean?

The case was sent on 7/16

not sure

usually they are noncommittal when they are not sure if you can get septmeber. Lets hope for the best. Did U try calling them?

when did u send the email. I would send an email 10 days after ur case was sent from nvc and ask them one singel question " will i get september interview for me and my wife?". then u may get the right reply. Usually they enter the case in their system 10 days after it is sent from nvc

best of luck:)

Hoepfully the september list will be out in 2 weeks and the suspense will be over

Last edited by a moderator:
What is IRS 9003?

Can some one please tell me what IRS 9003 is and where do we get that from and apprciate any information on this IRS 9003.

Thanks.

hi navaraj,
actually the "THANX" should go to all the members of the discussion board from whom i got a lot of valuable info in all these months.

IRS9003

Do we really need IRS 9003?. Apparently IRS no longer uses this form, and I saw a memo from the state department sent to all consulates, that they should no longer require this form from Immigrant visa applicants.

A question for rekhak

Rekhak,

I managed to talk to the consular section in Chennai this morning after a few attempts last night.

Initially, I got the same reply, viz., September appointments are not yet released. When I pressed a little bit saying it'll be good if I know the month alone so that I can do something with my air-tickets, the lady finally asked for the case number and said," Yeah, it will be September" She refused to even say when the case was entered etc.

So, looks like I might make it to a September interview.

I plan to be in India for 10 days only so I guess I'll have to wait for the firm appointment date to book my tickets. Have you done anything with your tickets yet? Let me know what are the "good" fares like?

mathodram, its offseason for tickets

hopefully we should get good rates . i dont know any travel agents, if others have good agents, please post

hi Mathodram

what's your cptracker id?

also, although I have a previously downloaded version of P4 documents, I noticed that chennai P4 downloads seem to be down. Has anyone contacted them about it?

I too am waiting for a confirmation before booking tickets. It has already cost me because I could not make use of a Delta/KLM sale at the local travel agents'..

As for travel agent recos :

www.alanitatravel.com

I have used them twice in the past, and they were pretty good.

Questions for others, please let me know what you think :

* incase the P4/appt letter doesnot reach, one can take a printout and download P4 from consulate webpage, right? Can one colect P4 documents in person from consulate?

How does one prove ones case number if what's shown in the webpage? Does the NVC send out some letter to one or attorney to show case number?

What's the OF 157 form for medical report? is it available someplace?

Both mine and wife's birth certificates have initials for last and middle names. the passport has all. Would that be a concern?

thanks..

also, abt fares..

the KLM sale had somethign like 1094 for RT from boston - chennai/kerala I think. that's a reasonably good deal. normally they fall in the 1200-1300 range.

Manish,

My cptracker id is rv123. I want to receive the P4 here as I have do not have a local address in Chennai and I intend to land there directly.