**Likely** September 2002 Interviews Tracker - Chennai Consulate

Re: Re: not sure about 9003

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

I just got the P4 from MUmbai. It has no mention of IRS9003. It also says 'Evidence of financial support : an affadavit of support Form I-863 for all family based immigrants and I-134, a notorized offer of employment or evidence of your own assets for other immigrants"

A friend received details from the consulate. For emp based IV:
- 9003 not required
- 863 not required
- 134 required (with bank letter is enough)

And of course rest of the usual stuff like notorized emp letter, pay stubs, tax transcripts, W2s, etc.

India address for packet four

Sent an email to chennai requesting them to send packet 4 to India address, gave India adress and phone number.
Got one word reply "Yes"

NVC sent my case to consulate

Called NVC today.

Found out that they sent the case to Chennai on Tue, 7/16. The review was done on 7/10.

Hope I make September interview.

When do they send packet 4 - for september interview

Do they send packet 4 before august 15th ( Before they publish the list on their web site) or after august 15th.

got reply from consulate

---sent an email with my indian address and asked if i will get september date......got a one liner ----your address has been noted in your case. So, the case has been entered. Will wait now. As far as when the packet four reaches indian address, i think in most cases it comes after they announce the interview dates around the 12th of the month over the phone and emails, around the 15th on their website, and you receive packet four around the 20th at your indian address.

questions about p4 forms

hi all,

I am trying to keep the P4 forms ready. I had the following questions :

1. DS 230 part 1 is what we have already filled out. Now, can we just use a copy of the P3 and take ti to consulate and give it when they ask for Part 1?

2. DS 230 part 2 is the one that has to be signed infront of the consular officials. that ofcourse, one fills up. The petitioner is the employer, right? They changed address again ( after P3 ). will that cause a problem?

In my wife's form, one leaves the 'petitioner' blank, I take it?

3. I-134, that is the affidavit of support : Only one copy is needed right? The question is, who is providing the affidavit of support for whom? Is it me, stating all my assets, salary etc and telling them I will be responsible for my wife/family?

4. Does anyone know where to get a fillable pdf copy of IRS 9003?

thanks!

Re: questions about p4 forms

Originally posted by manish_r0
hi all,

I am trying to keep the P4 forms ready. I had the following questions :

1. DS 230 part 1 is what we have already filled out. Now, can we just use a copy of the P3 and take ti to consulate and give it when they ask for Part 1?

That's exactly what I did for my interview in June'02.
(Yout have to fill a new one if any of the info has changed
since then - like you moved to a new address!)

2. DS 230 part 2 is the one that has to be signed infront of the consular officials. that ofcourse, one fills up. The petitioner is the employer, right? They changed address again ( after P3 ). will that cause a problem?

For you, the petitioner is employer .
I believe it does not matter if the employer's address
has changed - as long as the new address is on the
company letterhead for the employment letter.

In my wife's form, one leaves the 'petitioner' blank, I take it?

For your wife,you are the petitioner .

3. I-134, that is the affidavit of support : Only one copy is needed right? The question is, who is providing the affidavit of support for whom? Is it me, stating all my assets, salary etc and telling them I will be responsible for my wife/family?

Yes, you are the one providing support to ur wife
and submitting ur bank balance etc as evidences.

4. Does anyone know where to get a fillable pdf copy of IRS 9003?

Try immihelp.com - go to fillable forms section
thanks!

Thanks u_me!

Thanks for the answers, they cleared some doubts.

So, in 134, it should be my wife in item 3, and then should one add anything about who's accompanying my wife to US? myself as spouse?

I made a copy of 9003 as fillable, using acrobat editor. I shall upload it to an experiences website I am putting together.

thanks again!

Did any of you notice that the August appointments on MDR website disappeared?.

Chennai told me to wait for two more weeks to get the date of appointment.

Triangle: Was there a EB appointment on the 8th August?.

Cheers,

Dan.

Nope. They are still there. You can see
the list in the following month.

I think there is one EB3 on August 8th.
It must have been a requested case.
Usually Chennai schedule EB interviews
in the third and fourth week of each month
in the order of EB1, EB2 and EB3.

Is yours already sent to Chennai?
My case was sent from NVC to Chennai
on June 27th. Hoping for September.

Mine went to the consulate on 02July. Strange, I am getting this message "August Appointments Not Available" since yesterday afternoon. I could see the list before that.

i cant see chennai august list either

why has madras taken the august list out?
just a computer glitch or any problems with the appointments in august?

hi everybody

waiting for my wifes birth/nonavailablity certificate everything else ready, going through a fiasco at the village panchayat/taluk office a clerk who pretends he does not want money, i dont know how long this fiasco will go on, he is refusing to issue both the birth certificate or a non availablity certificate

Re: hi everybody

Originally posted by sanjna
waiting for my wifes birth/nonavailablity certificate everything else ready, going through a fiasco at the village panchayat/taluk office a clerk who pretends he does not want money, i dont know how long this fiasco will go on, he is refusing to issue both the birth certificate or a non availablity certificate

I guess it will be much easier to get a BC then non-availability.

Birth certificate

If your wife's birth is not registered in Birth/Death registration office, then you can always register it with the affidavite, 10th std certificate and get the certificate from department. and it works

Interview

NVC sent my case to Chennai Consulate on 07/24/2002.
When can I expect an Interview(sept or Oct)

Thanks

Hi,

I took non-availability certificate from
local panchayat office and affidavits from
my parents.

Is it enough?. Does the non-availability
from panchayat office is valid or Should
I get the same one from Mandal office?

Thanks.

ksc regarding interview

in the last three months that i have seen in chennai, cutoff has ranged from 10-20 for cases sent from nvc. Though, the encouraging thing is that every month , the cutoff date has been getting better, for example 20th for last month. My guess is, you stand a very small chance for september